Welcome Mr Vivek Ranadive & company

Thank you, thank you, thank you for saving our and now your SAC-RA-MEN-TO KINGS!! Can someone compile a list of 30 plus investors than includes so many new Kings ownership partners to arena/downtown development partners - we need to thank them all!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Vivek - There aren't words to adequately describe the gratitude and joy I have tonight. Thank you just doesn't seem enough. I promise to continue to support this team for as long as I have breath. You will quickly see just how close a relationship exists between Kings fans and our beloved team. In my case, it's a tradition that has involved four generations of my family.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Once, now and forever...GO KINGS!

An emphatic thank you to the new owner and face of our franchise, Mr. Vivek Ranadive.

An extended thank you to the rest of the ownership group: The Jacobs Family, Mark Mastrov, Chris Kelly, Mark Friedman, Raj Bhathal, Katrina Garnett, Andy Miller and Arjun Gupta (I'm sorry if I missed anybody) who formed our Killer Whale Pod and the roughly 20 local Sacramento business owners who each chipped in a million dollars to save our Kings.

A special thanks goes out to Mr. Ron Burkle and by extension his associate Darius Anderson, who despite not being part of our final ownership group were instrumental in fending off the Anaheim threat and will continue to be vital in the redevelopment of downtown and the building of the new arena.

Thanks to the work of Senator Darrell Steinberg whose contribution cannot be over emphasized.

Of course a heartfelt thank you to our leaders in this process, Mayor Johnson, his staff, the Sacramento City Council and Commissioner Stern and the Board of Governors.

Thanks to Carmichael Dave and Mike Tavares - you represent the best of all of us.

And thank you Sacramento.

More than just the memories remain the property of the Sacramento Kings

An emphatic thank you to the new owner and face of our franchise, Mr. Vivek Ranadive.

An extended thank you to the rest of the ownership group: The Jacobs Family, Mark Mastrov, Chris Kelly, Mark Friedman, Raj Bhathal, Katrina Garnett, Andy Miller and Arjun Gupta (I'm sorry if I missed anybody) who formed our Killer Whale Pod and the roughly 20 local Sacramento business owners who each chipped in a million dollars to save our Kings.

A special thanks goes out to Mr. Ron Burkle and by extension his associate Darius Anderson, who despite not being part of our final ownership group were instrumental in fending off the Anaheim threat and will continue to be vital in the redevelopment of downtown and the building of the new arena.

Thanks to the work of Senator Darrell Steinberg whose contribution cannot be over emphasized.

Of course a heartfelt thank you to our leaders in this process, Mayor Johnson, his staff, the Sacramento City Council and Commissioner Stern and the Board of Governors.

Thanks to Carmichael Dave and Mike Tavares - you represent the best of all of us.

perfect.

Welcome to our Kings and our home, Mr. Ranadivé. I believe you, Sacramento and our Kings are a match made in heaven. Thank you for believing in our city and the hearts of Kings fans. I can't wait to see you courtside! :)

Last edited:
Thank you Mr. Ranadive! And thanks to everybody, especially Mayor Johnson. I'm excited to be able to watch Kings Basketball again and I'm excited for the whole city. This is the start of a big change forward.

Thank you Mr. Vivek Ranadivé for coming in as a knight in shining armour and saving the franchise. Also major thanks to KJ who has been nothing short of exceptional for 3 years now. The man is a born leader and if it weren't for his fighting spirit, his confidence and his charisma, this team would be in Anaheim right now. But because of KJ, this team will remain in Sacramento for at least the next 37 years!

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member

Couldn't have said it better! Also a special shout-out to "The Rock" for his involvement as well!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I don't think I can add any thoughts that haven't already been expressed, but I can add my factorial symbol to the comment thread and multiply them all together.

Thank you Vivek!
Thank you Mastrov!
Thank you Oats!
Thank you Steinberg!
Thank you KJ!
Thank you Rock (and ever other person that put in 1m!)
Thank you Burkle (he's going to stick with the plan to develop Sac)
Thank you Jacob brothers!
and Thank you to everyone else that played a part in saving our Kings!!!

vivek ranadive!!!!!!!

:D

he's got a great name. if he was a player on the court, it would be rather easy to imagine grant going berserk with that name on the telecast every time he hit a pull-up jumper: "vivek. vivek!! VIVEK!!!! if ya don't like that, ya don't like KINGS basketball!!"

cosign