Welcome Jason Thompson

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Great to have you aboard JT. Fans and front office alike have been hoping for a solid role player like you at the 4. A lunchbox dude who doesn't hoard the rock and doesn't make the big mistake. I'm glad we finally we have one. Can't want to see you in action.
lol

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Jason Thompson is now on pace to be THE LONGEST TENURED PLAYER IN SACRAMENTO KINGS HISTORY
Well, it's still possible for there to have been a trade that hasn't been reported yet but, barring that, it seems like the only thing keeping Thompson from the Sacramento-era record is DNP-CD.

Well, it's still possible for there to have been a trade that hasn't been reported yet but, barring that, it seems like the only thing keeping Thompson from the Sacramento-era record is DNP-CD.

Something would have been leaked (knowing our front office). I do still see trades coming in.. A lot of them past 3pm est.

I mean at the end of the day WE gave him that contract. That's not JT's fault. He shows up every game and never heard a peep of drama out of him before this trade request. If he was making a few million we'd probably think better of him, but like I said that's not really his fault that we gave him that contract. It's not like he played really well for the contract and then sandbagged it. He's pretty much been the same player from day 1. Maybe Karl can make something more out of him.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
At some point, please the people who defend the contract, understand some of our fan base are the only people in the world that do.
At some point, the people who insist that Thompson's contract is untradeable, please understand that
  1. If you're trying to trade with teams that are over the cap, you still need to make the salaries match, and
  2. Teams that are under the cap are usually tanking, and want draft picks in return; picks that we don't have to offer (thanks again, Joe and Gavin!).

At some point, the people who insist that Thompson's contract is untradeable, please understand that
  1. If you're trying to trade with teams that are over the cap, you still need to make the salaries match, and
  2. Teams that are under the cap are usually tanking, and want draft picks in return; picks that we don't have to offer (thanks again, Joe and Gavin!).
I'll let you in on a secret.

They've been trying to trade him for awhile now, in the off season, at least two deadlines, etc.

But I just want to say it mainly so we do not want to waste money on decent role players for 5 year contracts, especially without a long term solution. You sign role players ideally for 1-2 years, and good ones for maybe 3. You overpay for 1-2 years if you have to, not sign them for 5 years.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
An opinion piece is not a cite, when one is not asking for an opinion.

I can't stress this enough. Look at all the trades that happened today: how many of them involved a first round pick? How many of the ones that didn't involved guys we can use? Until the restrictions on the pick have been lifted, we're not going to find a team to take Thompson, unless we also throw in McLemore. Which begs the question, how many people here hate Thompson so much, want to trade him so bad, that they think it's worth it to dump McLemore just to get rid of him?

An opinion piece is not a cite, when one is not asking for an opinion.

I can't stress this enough. Look at all the trades that happened today: how many of them involved a first round pick? How many of the ones that didn't involved guys we can use? Until the restrictions on the pick have been lifted, we're not going to find a team to take Thompson, unless we also throw in McLemore. Which begs the question, how many people here hate Thompson so much, want to trade him so bad, that they think it's worth it to dump McLemore just to get rid of him?
The point is role players are short term solutions, not 5 year contracts. Pretty simple. No one wanted him, no one else ever has for anything decent in return. Simple really.

People give opinions all day with "not official cites" about PDA or Vivek, thread counts go into the 1,000's.

Which I agree with a lot of it myself, no one bats an eye.

Bring up the Thompson contract, here come people to say its opinions, and they are worthless.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
The point is role players are short term solutions, not 5 year contracts.
What are talking about, role players get signed to long contracts every year; you don't create continuity or build chemistry by treating role players like tissue paper.

People give opinions all day with "not official cites" about PDA or Vivek, thread counts go into the 1,000's.
I asked you for a cite referring to the Kings trying to move Thompson under Ranadive, and you linked to a blog post that didn't substantiate any such thing.

What are talking about, role players get signed to long contracts every year; you don't create continuity or build chemistry by treating role players like tissue paper.

I asked you for a cite referring to the Kings trying to move Thompson under Ranadive, and you linked to a blog post that didn't substantiate any such thing.
http://www.fearthesword.com/2014/2/...s-cavaliers-kings-jarrett-jack-jason-thompson

now I'd like to see a role player who signed a 5 year contract from another team please in return for my source.