Welcome Anthony Tolliver

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Doesn't really do much of anything but stay on the perimeter and make some three's...ehh lateral move here but I'll see how it works out before I bag on it.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I am always upbeat as people may know. This one leaves me cold. There damn well better be a FA of note to use up the rest of the cap room and Curry better take the room exception. I am bummed. I'm getting too damn old to wait for something to come to fruition in a few years. <<< This is not a joke.

I guess neither Vlade nor the team owe me anything.

I am always upbeat as people may know. This one leaves me cold. There damn well better be a FA of note to use up the rest of the cap room and Curry better take the room exception. I am bummed. I'm getting too damn old to wait for something to come to fruition in a few years. <<< This is not a joke.

frankly, there weren't a lot of those hitting the market this summer, and the kings were never very likely to land any of the ones that did. vlade's got to spend to reach the salary floor, and i'd much rather he invest in short-term deals on stopgap vets than go overboard with a long-term deal for the next great mediocrity to don a kings uni...

How did Tolliver go from $3,000,000 in DET to $8,000,000 in SAC??
how about a massive and historic increase in the salary cap?? fans seriously need to recalibrate their understanding of the financial realities of the post-TV deal NBA. vlade signed both afflalo and tolliver to reasonable short-term deals under new cap conditions, and more importantly, he only guaranteed a small amount of money in year two of each of their contracts. these aren't sexy names by any stretch of the imagination, but it's definitely shrewd planning when you're a team that has to spend up to the new salary floor...

Kingster

Hall of Famer

I've been thinking lately that consulting of actuarial tables is just as important as reading the sports news if you are are a Kings fan.

Doesn't really do much of anything but stay on the perimeter and make some three's...ehh lateral move here but I'll see how it works out before I bag on it.
eh, if he can stretch the floor and stay outta the way, that pretty much feels a need IMO. No one player (not saying you think this) will fill all of our needs, obviously. We're doing exactly what we should be doing, and thats bringing in
some solid roleplayers

On the Curry front, don't we have to stay under the cap to match any offer he gets? Thus it will be hard to see him getting the room exception, someone is bound to offer him a good deal.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
On the Curry front, don't we have to stay under the cap to match any offer he gets? Thus it will be hard to see him getting the room exception, someone is bound to offer him a good deal.
I don't know what Curry will get. The room exception is used when we are over the cap if that should happen.

I really hope we do. Watching Curry play last year, if he could be 70% of his brother then he would be a star in the league.

As for Tolliver, WELCOME!! Not excited much about the signing but he does have an outrageous TFG% of something like 70%. Hopefully he will be able to stretch the floor a bit.

I really hope we do. Watching Curry play last year, if he could be 70% of his brother then he would be a star in the league.

As for Tolliver, WELCOME!! Not excited much about the signing but he does have an outrageous TFG% of something like 70%. Hopefully he will be able to stretch the floor a bit.
That stat was about open shoots, his overall TS% is 54.3% (slightly above average result).

That stat was about open shoots, his overall TS% is 54.3% (slightly above average result).
Guys, who don't get a lot of transition points, provide fine offensive value at lower TS% as the league average efficiency in half court is around .510TS%.
Not that excited about guarantees for 2017/18 as, if both signings are waived, it takes $3.5m off the cap, before things even started.

Guys, who don't get a lot of transition points, provide fine offensive value at lower TS% as the league average efficiency in half court is around .510TS%.
Not that excited about guarantees for 2017/18 as, if both signings are waived, it takes $3.5m off the cap, before things even started.
If you compare the contracts to what players have been getting in the past 2 days, it's more team friendly. We are seeing role-players get 3-4 year deals which tie up cap space even more.