We suck

How much longer does DMC waste his talents here losing?
not much longer if he hasnt made his mind up already. Truth be told if we were all paid employee's in his position we'd be counting down the days, thank god he isnt us.

seriously we are missing a PG. DC means a lot to this mediocre team, half of which is partying at Dames it seems.

You know that girl or guy you lost that you chalked down to perfect partner at the wrong time. Yeah well thats DMC to the kings and hell it dont hurt no less

That has gotten so old. And it's so irrelevant now. Vivek said that before Malone was fired, before viral meningitis took its toll, before Corbin, etc. I don't give a flying **** about wins and losses right now. I just want to see someone out there next to DMC, showing the same kind of heart and effort that he shows.

We have to start doing something right, even if we'll hopefully only see 6-7 of these guys on next year's roster. DMC isn't going to be "Sacramento Proud" much longer if there are many more nights like this one. EFFORT matters; FOCUS matters; not playing with your head up your posterior matters.
It's not irrelevant. You're conveniently forgetting he also said, after firing Malone, after viral meningitis, that we'd make the playoffs with even more wins than under Malone.

You sure about that? We lost 20 point leads to Memphis/Dallas back to back at the start of the season. The lack of execution coming out of the half has been abysmal all season.
Theres a big difference between Memphis and Dallas and philly and Miami (who was missing 80% of their starters).

Do you really not get that?

The only good thing to come out of this is that PDA just has to see how not ready this roster is. There's no leader out there and minimal interest in playing the game the right way 100% of the time. 39-24 should be enough to win 99% of the time against anyone, let alone a team barely better than a D League team.

Theres a big difference between Memphis and Dallas and philly and Miami (who was missing 80% of their starters).

Do you really not get that?
Doesnt matter who we are playing or who is coaching, the same problem has been happening all year, do you really not get that?

This was a huge loss. You have to try to lose to the Sixers .... shows the true intention of this team. I bet there won't be a 2 game winning "streak" until next season.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
PDA created a roster that wasn't conducive to pace. Then fired Malone who wanted a defensive no-pace team; then hired Karl who wants a pace team. Now they have to redo virtually their entire roster sans Cousins. They don't need a tweak here or there; they need to throw out the garbage, because if they want a running team they can't do it with this bunch. Maybe keep Collison and McLemore and Cousins. Everybody else needs to go. Maybe we trade them to the slow-it-down Memphis team for considerations to be named later or a cap exception if we get lucky. Look, Philly is a team that Karl likes. That's what he's aiming for: Cousins + Philly. Just like next year Philly is going to be Embiid + Philly.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
How do they sleep at night?
Where is the pride?
Why am I still a fan?
Does Vivek realise what an idiot he is?
If Cuz gets traded to the Lakers for the 1st pick in the draft, do I give up on the NBA or kill myself?
Is Malone a future HOF coach?
What's the best package we can get for Rudy?
1. Lots of booze and drugs.
2. Stored in a vault protected by lions.
3. Lots of booze and drugs.
4. No! Too busy getting in shape to play PG for the team.
5. Yes to second part. First part then becomes irrelevant.
6. You've had too much booze and drugs.
7. Not sure of the size. Check with UPS

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's not irrelevant. You're conveniently forgetting he also said, after firing Malone, after viral meningitis, that we'd make the playoffs with even more wins than under Malone.
And he was wrong. And we all know he was wrong. Hell, HE KNOWS he was wrong. I'm not conveniently forgetting anything. I'm also not trying to exact any more flesh off the deceased equine.

It's not about what Vivek said. It's about what's happening on the court, it's about what George Karl is able to do with what he has and it's about what PDA will or will not be able to do on Draft Day and beyond.

You and a very few others want to continue to cry and moan about the spilt milk. People like Brick, rainmaker, baja, Padrino, Slim, KIngster and a bunch of others are actually making constructive criticisms that, at least IMHO, address the problem.

Last edited:
P

PoundForPound

Vivek Ranadive is a damn idiot along with Pete D'allesandro I will always support and be appreciative of the owners for keeping this team in Sacramento but when it comes to ANYTHING related to basketball they are a complete set of incompetent idiots. The truth is that everybody around this organization is simply "GETTING THAT CHECK" and if it means being yes men to Vivek to do it, so be it. Everyone around the NBA knows this and meanwhile we are a complete laughing stock of a franchise.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
OK, here's the flip side. And all I'm doing is trying to figure out what's going on. So I'm trying to look at this logically, and not look at it based on my own desires or emotions. Can we agree that George Karl is not an idiot. You don't win that many games in your career without knowing what your doing. So then why are we still losing games we should have won? Frankly, I don't think that Karl gives a tinkers damm whether we win or lose or not. Well, let me rephrase that. I think that if we happen to win, it's OK, but if we lose, that's OK too. I think Karl is using the rest of the season to figure out who fits on this team and who doesn't. Which combinations work, and which don't. Just what is the current team capable of doing. I think his two main concerns are how to utilitize Cousins and Gay to the best of their abilities, and who to surround them with.

I realize that I'm giving Karl a lot of rope here, but if he didn't have the win/loss record he has, I wouldn't. We as fans, live in an entirely different world than Karl. He's looking to next year, and were looking at now. Whats left of this season is nothing more than an early training camp to Karl. These are exhibition games to him. Whats happening now has nothing to do with Vivek's idea's about how the game should be played. Do you honestly think that Karl is going to endanger his legacy as a coach, by trying to implement some crazy ideas of an owner that knows little about basketball. Right now, Vivek needs Karl more than Karl needs Vivek. All the eggs are in one basket, and Karl has his hand firmly around the handle. Vivek and the Kings have a timeline, and that timeline ends with the opening of the new arena.

As a result, a lot depends on next season. Next season, really, truely, will be about wins and losses. It needs to set the stage for the beginning of a new era in Kings history. Of course we as fans are the one's buying the tickets. Were the one's being asked to be patient. To trust and suffer just a bit longer. I've always believed that words mean something. Promises mean something. There reaches a point where rhetoric and reality come face to face. You can't tell a man starving to death that the economy is doing great. That's sort of where were at right now. Personally, I'm going to give them next season. But I certainly understand those that won't. It's an individual decision. I guess my approach is somewhere between, the sky is falling, and everything looks just great. I'm not a kneejerk guy. One good or bad game defines nothing to me.

That doesn't mean that I like this any better than anyone else. If I wasn't grading last nights game, I would have turned it off, and watched some college games I had recorded. Because I don't scream and stomp my feet doesn't mean I'm happy. I just don't see the point. I've discovered that nothing has changed after I'm finished. Just like Cousins complaints, and occasional tantrums never reverse a ref's call. I could write long monologues about all the things I'm upset about, but I wouldn't be educating anyone, I'd be preaching to the choir. But that's me! I understand those that feel the need to vent. That's what this forum is all about. Expressing your opinion.

I believe that we should do our best to treat every opinion with respect. And beleive me, I know that it's hard to do sometimes. I'm as guilty as anyone of violating that unwritten rule. Some of us are blessed with better educations than others. Some of us are better spellers than others. Some of us are just better communicators than others. But we shouldn't make fun of, or mock someone that may not be as blessed as we are. It's the idea that someone is trying to communicate that's important, not how he communicates it. Einstein was a genius, but he was a terrible public speaker and communicator. The man had a couple of good ideas though. I wonder how good a GM he would have made?

I hope you r right Bajaden.

P.S.
Since we are hanging our hopes on the draft once again - does anybody know, if it's possible to watch some College basketball legally via the internet as an international basketball fan? I would love to watch some of the prospects coming into the NBA next season.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Vivek Ranadive is a damn idiot along with Pete D'allesandro I will always support and be appreciative of the owners for keeping this team in Sacramento but when it comes to ANYTHING related to basketball they are a complete set of incompetent idiots. The truth is that everybody around this organization is simply "GETTING THAT CHECK" and if it means being yes men to Vivek to do it, so be it. Everyone around the NBA knows this and meanwhile we are a complete laughing stock of a franchise.
Just curious, but do you honestly believe that George Karl is a yes man? Far be it for me to defend the current state of the team, but I'm just not a, The Sky is Falling, guy. I'd rather spend my time trying to figure out how to solve our problems. Not that I have any power to do so. I just feel it's more productive than running around like the guy in the movie Aliens, screaming, Were All Going To Die! It gets everyone's attention, but its not very productive. But hey, enjoy!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Due to another comment in another thread, I looked up Rudy Gay's contract, and ended up at this article:
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article4025347.html
Wow.
Interesting when you look back on it now isn't it? That's what makes the world go around. Things change, and unfortunately, sometimes for the worse. As much as I would like to say I feel sorry for Gay, I can't. I can't feel sorry for someone making that much money. My personal grip on reality just won't allow that. I don't begrudge him that money. Just don't ***** about it. My personal feelings as a player, is that if my team isn't winning, then I should do something about it, instead of wishing I was on a team that was winning. Up to now, that's been Cousins attitude, and I admire him for that. He takes personal responsibility for losing, and that's what good players do. When the Kings finally emerge from the hell they're in, Cousins wants to be the player dragging them out. Any player can go to a team loaded with talent, and if lucky, walk away with a ring. Cousins wants to be the reason those players come to Sacramento. He wants to be the MVP, and you don't become that, by riding on the coattails of someone else.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I believe that we should do our best to treat every opinion with respect. And beleive me, I know that it's hard to do sometimes. I'm as guilty as anyone of violating that unwritten rule. Some of us are blessed with better educations than others. Some of us are better spellers than others. Some of us are just better communicators than others. But we shouldn't make fun of, or mock someone that may not be as blessed as we are. It's the idea that someone is trying to communicate that's important, not how he communicates it. Einstein was a genius, but he was a terrible public speaker and communicator. The man had a couple of good ideas though. I wonder how good a GM he would have made?
People on here bitching and moaning, disagreeing, what have you, is better than the alternative, which is people just not caring anymore and finding another way to fill their time than following this team.

As much as some of us disagree with each other at times(and you and I have had our disagreements), and it'll get heated more often when the team is in the spiral of losing its in and has been in for almost a decade, I'm repeatedly impressed with how many Kings fans still stand by the team, stick it out and are willing to still talk/converse about the team. In a number of other markets fans get up and leave, don't return until winning basketball returns. This forum probably helps keep people interested as it's a way to vent and voice frustration. Without out, we'd probably just turn off the tv and go do something else.

Fans are dying for success, dying for a reason to believe it'll get better. But its also been so long some are going to be more pessimistic than others, angrier than others, have less patience than others, more doubt, etc, but at least we're still here. That's why next year is so important as empty promises and unfulfilled expectations will catch up to ownership at some point and fans will leave, they will find other ways to fill their time and I'm not sure how many will stick around if we go through yet another losing season next year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well poopoo if that's our goal...
I think you're mis-reading the sentence. I think it means this:

Pete D’Alessandro was charged with making sure the roster he inherited, (which was) put together with the goal of saving money, would be upgraded.

Meaning the roster he inherited was built under severe financial constraints, not that PDA is under those same constraints.