Voisin: Rudy Gay Admits He Feels "Lost" on Court

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Didn't he sign at a lower pay grade too?
Yes. Quite a bit. He found a home where people weren't critical, the so-called Toronto Rudy. He found a team where he could be the #2 guy to Cousins. He also liked the coach. The coach was fired after Rudy signed his contract.

According to Ailene Voisin, the decision to fire Malone was made before Cousins got meningitis. By appearances it appears that the FO signed him knowing they would fire Malone and I suspect they didn't tell Rudy. They tricked him.

In any case, I am perfectly willing to give the guy a break.

Last edited:
P

Pace

Rudy isn't exactly known for his high bbiq, so I'm not surprised he can't immediately grasp a fast paced complex offensive system. He needs to learn to play on a team that doesn't enable his ball stopping shot jacking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rudy isn't exactly known for his high bbiq, so I'm not surprised he can't immediately grasp a fast paced complex offensive system. He needs to learn to play on a team that doesn't enable to ball stopping shot jacking.
So now it's Rudy's fault that "pace" isn't working? If his non-high bbiq, ball stopping shot jacking play as you call it doesn't fit with what they want to do, what does that say about the IQ of the one's who just re-signed him?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Rudy isn't exactly known for his high bbiq, so I'm not surprised he can't immediately grasp a fast paced complex offensive system. He needs to learn to play on a team that doesn't enable his ball stopping shot jacking.
Aimlessly sprint up the court and then proceed to (a) jack up an ill-advised shot, (b) throw the ball away, (c) pass the ball to Boogie and hope he pulls a miracle out of his ass. Yep. Very complex.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I really don't understand why anybody keeps responding to stuff when it's a) over a day old; b) ridiculous to begin with; and c) not worth a response.

You can tell things are really bad around here when someone like Pace continues to garner any interest at all.

I really don't understand why anybody keeps responding to stuff when it's a) over a day old; b) ridiculous to begin with; and c) not worth a response.

You can tell things are really bad around here when someone like Pace continues to garner any interest at all.
Yeah, I'm not usually so bummed out about things, but this game against Miami wasn't even really watchable, and I don't think it's going to get better any time soon.

But this is the honest truth, the best thing I had going for me tonight as a Kings fan was to make a semi-snarky comment to someone who (if I take at face value) is a fan of the front-office and what they are in the process of doing.

I don't drink, so I thought this would be a semi-harmless way to alleviate a bit of frustration.

And it really wasn't a day old...it was just 5 hours prior to the game...and I figured that considering how the game played itself out...we might want to point out how important Rudy actually is to this club.

because Tyrone Corbin is known for amazing complex offenses that have ever won anything in the NBA... oh wait he's not.

Gay feels betrayed after signing a three-year extension partly because of his connection with the departed coach, angered because the timing of the decision was so irrational, and unsettled because the team is faltering.

need we say more? was malone used as bait to get rudy to resign then pushed off the bridge when they felt they got what they wanted out of him? funny hearing that weasel spout out about how ppl thought rudy wouldn't resign but he did. how much influence was from him?
BINGO

This thing is going to implode. I hadn't even thought about it from Rudy's angle. Taking such a moderate contract is one of the "sacrifices" he was alluding to. He totally feels betrayed, and he has EVERY RIGHT TO. I don't see this ending well.

Rudy and DMC are loyalty people. You can see it in their demeanor. They are totally willing to give you everything and make sacrifices, but if you betray them... not good. I'm personally glad stuff like this is coming from the players. More should be. They should be openly speaking their feelings in a calm way about this situation. It's flipping pathetic.

Last edited:
You've got to be joking. There is no "complex offensive system"!!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
The real joke is that an ex-NBA SF cannot solve Rudy's problem. Perhaps it has something to do with Corbin's poor ability to teach, if that is true, or Rudy himself. I suspect there is a team wide problem with other players who don't find a huge motivation to figure out Corbin's offense considering Corbin is probably a temporary rental.

Rudy is reasonably flexible in his game except he seems to excel in half court ISO play. This seems to be the type of play frowned on by the team now although I can't be sure. Frequently and naturally the offense becomes a half court game and I think this is where Rudy gets confused. Does he revert to his unique ISO skill or what?