Vlade says DMC untradeable (on SiriusXmradio)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
In that quote "right now" is the equivocation. But its one that would leave you looking dumb if you traded him next month.

And after that the thing becomes the new arena, perhaps saving the day from stupidity. You could probably pull off a "not right now" trade at next year's deadline. By next offseason you would have outrun the quote. But then you are talking about trading your franchise player right on the eve of moving into your big new arena you're hoping to fill. So if Boogie survives this offseason without some basketball noob or egomaniac trading him, the franchise's situation could preserve him longer. After the disaster this year even this front office can not be stupid enough to risk another huge fan revolt just before asking people to pony up.

I don't know Pete said the same things about IT.

Well kind of. He said we love Isaiah. We love those three together (it Rudy and dmc)

Weeks later he was gone.

I don't see any way they trade dmc baring a "godfather" offer but this is all hurtling towards a Kevin love scenario. No way dmc will be here beyond his current deal and that's just my opinion.

This team will be in full rebuild mode in three years.

Bricklayer

I don't know Pete said the same things about IT.

Well kind of. He said we love Isaiah. We love those three together (it Rudy and dmc)

Weeks later he was gone.

I don't see any way they trade dmc baring a "godfather" offer but this is all hurtling towards a Kevin love scenario. No way dmc will be here beyond his current deal and that's just my opinion.

This team will be in full rebuild mode in three years.
Of course it is, if we don't win. Because of course that was the kicker with the Love situation. They couldn't get the team to win with him there. Its why its so absolutely critical we make the right moves for once and turn things. Winning cures, or at least covers up many ills.

This was needed to be done for another reason: Kings have to sign vets, and nobody of any quality would want to come to a team, that might be rebuilding in a year. Vivek said "Vlade is in charge!", and Vlade said "Boogies is staying!" after that. That's all that could be done with words. Let's see, if someone will believe them.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Our FO as a 90s teen flick:

Vlade is a cool dude.

Vivek is that horribly abrasive nerd who pays said cool dude to help him become popular.

Vlade helps Vivek get all the chicks (FAs) and become prom king (chippie).

This was needed to be done for another reason: Kings have to sign vets, and nobody of any quality would want to come to a team, that might be rebuilding in a year. Vivek said "Vlade is in charge!", and Vlade said "Boogies is staying!" after that. That's all that could be done with words. Let's see, if someone will believe them.
This. I agree that these comments are done for the sake of free agency purposes. Vlade isn't talking to Cuz. Vlade is telling players and agents he's in charge and what the teams direction is going forward.

Of course it is, if we don't win. Because of course that was the kicker with the Love situation. They couldn't get the team to win with him there. Its why its so absolutely critical we make the right moves for once and turn things. Winning cures, or at least covers up many ills.
The team can't attract any free agents and that's a problem they had in mini too. This team won't be winning any time soon. Unless of course they land on a gem in the draft and Ben explodes or something.

It's just not going to happen.

Bricklayer

The team can't attract any free agents and that's a problem they had in mini too. This team won't be winning any time soon. Unless of course they land on a gem in the draft and Ben explodes or something.

It's just not going to happen.
You can get solid free agents every year no matter who you are. The big name guys are never available to any small market outfit. Many ways to skin a cat.

You can get solid free agents every year no matter who you are. The big name guys are never available to any small market outfit. Many ways to skin a cat.
You're a more optimistic man than I.

This team needs more than solid free agents IMO. Landry, collision, hollins, sessions are the kind of names we've pulled in recently.

That ain't gonna get it done.

Trades and the draft are the only way for this team to improve.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member

This team needs more than solid free agents IMO. Landry, collision, hollins, sessions are the kind of names we've pulled in recently.

I'd say Collison and Gay (signed extension) are two good signings.

Bricklayer

Collison was a very good signing.

Fact is that we are, and were, much closer than this cluster**** of an organization realized. If you line up Memphis's (2nd round playoff team in the West) and our Top 3 players, Cousins, Gay, Collison vs. Gasol, Randolph, Conley, there is no real huge talent gap there. We have the best and worst player of the 6 guys, and Rudy is right there with any of their 3. The rest of their roster are all guys you can aquire if you are smart, and aren't busy ****ing your own franchise over infighting, politics, or dogma. We don't need LeBron talentwise.

We have a 1000 win coach, a franchise center, and a 20ppg 2nd option. The cubbard's not all bare. Its just been filled with idiots with agendas.

About FAs...
Last summer DMC tried to persuade Ron Artest to join the Kings, according to him.
He's playing for my team here in Italy right now, maybe he'll try again this summer.

Collison was a very good signing.

Fact is that we are, and were, much closer than this cluster**** of an organization realized. If you line up Memphis's (2nd round playoff team in the West) and our Top 3 players, Cousins, Gay, Collison vs. Gasol, Randolph, Conley, there is no real huge talent gap there. We have the best and worst player of the 6 guys, and Rudy is right there with any of their 3. The rest of their roster are all guys you can aquire if you are smart, and aren't busy ****ing your own franchise over infighting, politics, or dogma. We don't need LeBron talentwise.

We have a 1000 win coach, a franchise center, and a 20ppg 2nd option. The cubbard's not all bare. Its just been filled with idiots with agendas.
Maybe, I don't see a vet like a Vince Carter signing here, or a Tony Allen type. Some of their trades, the likes of Jeff Green etc may have been achievable if we didn't owe a pick.

still I really don't agree were no far away from walking with the Grizz. This team simply cannot grasp the very basics of defense and is horrific at defending the three and pick and roll.

Bricklayer

Maybe, I don't see a vet like a Vince Carter signing here, or a Tony Allen type. Some of their trades, the likes of Jeff Green etc may have been achievable if we didn't owe a pick.

still I really don't agree were no far away from walking with the Grizz. This team simply cannot grasp the very basics of defense and is horrific at defending the three and pick and roll.
Which is true, but not problems that require the signing of big $$ free agents to fix.

Draft WCS, noted for his ability vs. pick and roll.
Sign Luc Mbah a Moute and try for Danny Green. Boom, all of a sudden your defensive IQ skyrockets, and not a star signing in the bunch.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Yup. We are way closer than last season's W/L would indicate. Give us a shooter, a defender, and coaching consistency and we are looking at at least a 15 game improvement over last season.

Cousins is a legit #1 on offense, and an anchor on defense. There is not one other big man in the NBA right now that you can say that about (Davis will probably get there in a season or two). And therein lies the simple answer to the stupid question of "why don't you see more teams built around a big like Cousins".

One would have to go back 5-10 years to the era when Shaq, Duncan, and KG were all in their primes to see a big impact the game like Boogie does on both ends of the court. One thing those guys all have in common? Rings. Lots and lots of rings.

All those guys also had supporting casts which included one or two other allstars and a ton of roleplayers. Rudy and DC are decent wingmen. They can help Cousins get us back into the playoffs, but if we want to contend we will probably need to upgrade one of them. It is the lack of roleplayers that has killed us. All we need are a couple defenders and a couple shooters, and we are right there pushing for .500 or better.

PDA, Bratz, and Mully were/are idiots. They had THE ULTIMATE cornerstone, nothing is easier to build around than a two way big. And what do they do? They want to get all fancy smanshy with "Pace". They ignored both the strengths and weaknesses of our roster in favor of high scores and highlights. I don't know how well Vlade will do in his new role, but I can guarantee that at the very least he is an upgrade over those three stooges.

When Vlade said Cousins is untradeable, I think he meant it. When you have a big like Cousins, you build around him. The only thing more ridiculous than Demarcus Cousins' meteoric skills and impact trajectory is the fact that somehow, he still has doubters.

Anyways, whenever I post after Bricklayer I feel like I'm preaching to the choir.. :p

Just my 2 cents

Yup. We are way closer than last season's W/L would indicate. Give us a shooter, a defender, and coaching consistency and we are looking at at least a 15 game improvement over last season.

Cousins is a legit #1 on offense, and an anchor on defense. There is not one other big man in the NBA right now that you can say that about (Davis will probably get there in a season or two). And therein lies the simple answer to the stupid question of "why don't you see more teams built around a big like Cousins".

One would have to go back 5-10 years to the era when Shaq, Duncan, and KG were all in their primes to see a big impact the game like Boogie does on both ends of the court. One thing those guys all have in common? Rings. Lots and lots of rings.

All those guys also had supporting casts which included one or two other allstars and a ton of roleplayers. Rudy and DC are decent wingmen. They can help Cousins get us back into the playoffs, but if we want to contend we will probably need to upgrade one of them. It is the lack of roleplayers that has killed us. All we need are a couple defenders and a couple shooters, and we are right there pushing for .500 or better.

PDA, Bratz, and Mully were/are idiots. They had THE ULTIMATE cornerstone, nothing is easier to build around than a two way big. And what do they do? They want to get all fancy smanshy with "Pace". They ignored both the strengths and weaknesses of our roster in favor of high scores and highlights. I don't know how well Vlade will do in his new role, but I can guarantee that at the very least he is an upgrade over those three stooges.

When Vlade said Cousins is untradeable, I think he meant it. When you have a big like Cousins, you build around him. The only thing more ridiculous than Demarcus Cousins' meteoric skills and impact trajectory is the fact that somehow, he still has doubters.

Anyways, whenever I post after Bricklayer I feel like I'm preaching to the choir.. :p

Just my 2 cents
1 shooter and 1 defender ain't gonna get this team to stop doing the mindless nonsense they engage in on defense.

Even a defensive "genius" like Malone couldn't get them to defend consistently or grasp the very basics of defending the three which has killed this team for nigh on three years.

Bricklayer

1 shooter and 1 defender ain't gonna get this team to stop doing the mindless nonsense they engage in on defense.

Even a defensive "genius" like Malone couldn't get them to defend consistently or grasp the very basics of defending the three which has killed this team for nigh on three years.
And yet for all the flaws, Malone had us playing respectable defense in the early season. We were 10th in OppFg%, 8th in Opp 3pt%, crushing people on the boards. And this was against literally the toughest schedule in the NBA to that point. Largely same roster we had at the end of the season.

WE AREN"T THAT FAR.

We weren't that far

A ****ing gerbil destroyed our season, with an aid an abet with some Golden State loser that's run off down the street from me. I'd show up at a St. John's game and blister his ears off if I wasn't happy to have him safely out of the league and 3000 miles from Vivek. The gerbil's gone to ground, but I still want that little crap's hide. It was completely unforgiveable.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
This. I agree that these comments are done for the sake of free agency purposes. Vlade isn't talking to Cuz. Vlade is telling players and agents he's in charge and what the teams direction is going forward.
Actually, we don't know if Vlade is talking to Cousins or not. Just because they don't let us listen in, doesn't mean they haven't had conversations. I listened to the podcast of Charmichael Daves interview with Rudy Gay, and Gay said he's been talking to Vlade quite a bit, and had spoken with him just a couple of days before the interview. So its very possible that Vlade has been talking to Cousins as well.

Actually, we don't know if Vlade is talking to Cousins or not. Just because they don't let us listen in, doesn't mean they haven't had conversations. I listened to the podcast of Charmichael Daves interview with Rudy Gay, and Gay said he's been talking to Vlade quite a bit, and had spoken with him just a couple of days before the interview. So its very possible that Vlade has been talking to Cousins as well.
I meant Vlade's quote was directed at free agents, not Cuz. I never even considered how many direct conversations Cuz has had with Vlade. I assumed they've spoken.

And yet for all the flaws, Malone had us playing respectable defense in the early season. We were 10th in OppFg%, 8th in Opp 3pt%, crushing people on the boards. And this was against literally the toughest schedule in the NBA to that point. Largely same roster we had at the end of the season.

WE AREN"T THAT FAR.

We weren't that far

A ****ing gerbil destroyed our season, with an aid an abet with some Golden State loser that's run off down the street from me. I'd show up at a St. John's game and blister his ears off if I wasn't happy to have him safely out of the league and 3000 miles from Vivek. The gerbil's gone to ground, but I still want that little poopoo's hide. It was completely unforgiveable.
The start of the season was still too small a sample for me. I don't pay attention to stats and get all bent out of shape about them honestly, I'm more just a game watcher and thats it, but I can guarantee our defensive stats were atrocious under Malones tenure as a whole.

and I'm not suggesting he was to blame for that, I'm saying even a well known defensive coach like him was unable to click with these morons (in a basketball sense) and I suspect the defensive stats under George Karl are terrible too.

So I'll have to just agree to disagree with you about being not that far, maybe we're not that far from being a 38-40 win team but actually competing in the playoffs... Miles off for me.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
The start of the season was still too small a sample for me. I don't pay attention to stats and get all bent out of shape about them honestly, I'm more just a game watcher and thats it, but I can guarantee our defensive stats were atrocious under Malones tenure as a whole.

and I'm not suggesting he was to blame for that, I'm saying even a well known defensive coach like him was unable to click with these morons (in a basketball sense)
You and I remember the start of the season very differently. Opponents were struggling against us. JT shut down (yes) a few elite PFs (some more than once). People oblivious to watching defense were wondering why so many teams were having "off-nights" shooting the ball.
It's because they had to work for their shots. Even though the shots were open, they weren't in rhythm. They weren't the right people at the right time.

That's what defense looks like. If you want to ignore the stats, fine, but defense isn't all about swatting a ball at the rim. They were making the other teams work. They got them tired.