Vlade Divac

Honestly, it still amazes me that our past management would keep on going after scrubs that wouldnt improve our team. Im glad vlade has some common sense. Most of the posters on this board could have assembled a better team than Gerbil and Mullin. How those two are still employed amazes me.

How hard is it to build around the most talented big in the league? I mean come on, were they purposely trying to sabatoge our team?
It's like a great player that make it look easy.

I refuse to dump on Vivek any more. He admitted his mistakes, he got rid of Mullin and PDA and he brought in the one guy who I said all along might just be able to right the ship. Vivek isn't a stupid man. He learned from his mistakes and he's made big strides back in the right direction. Let's just concentrate on what matters, you know?

Also, I don't want this thread to become another Vivek-bashing.
Not bashing. Being real.

He proved himself to be quite stubborn, and so I'm hoping he has learned. But I agree, giving all power to Vlade was the best thing he could have done, and he does deserve credit for that.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It's so refreshing to have a front office that's worth celebrating! All of these moves make sense. You can see exactly how they fit into the team on paper. Even better, we haven't overpaid for anybody, which is kindof amazing considering the crazy deals other teams are throwing out there. We're going into the season with a complete team and we also haven't killed our salary cap flexibility for next year. Where you been Vlade? We needed you here steering the ship like 10 years ago. :D

There is a huge Sixers fan on an MMA forum I frequent and even after this move he still believes Hinkie duped Vlade big time. I think the trade probably benefits both teams, but I see it benefiting us the most. I don't think those draft pick swaps are going to work in Phillys favor that much.

Vlade is The Man!

Vlade is making everyone happy!

First draft a defensive big, WCS, and help make DMC happy and allows DMC to play more power forward, his preferred position.

Second, trade a bunch of players that didn't fit long term and transformed that capspace into a genuine deep team.

1) sign a sharpshooter to appease rondo

2) sign rondo to a one year contract and give him the motivation to perform and fall in love with the fans of Sacramento.

3) sign the best big man free agent not named LMA, Jordan or gasol to start next to DMC to allow your prized rookie to develop without the pressure of starting. Dmc still gets more time at power forward.

I think this move was also to appease coach karl. Vlade brings in Karl's starting center from Denver, who also happens to be a defensive stud. Win-win-win.

4) next move? I think he will resign casspi and maybe Andre Miller. Bench depth and starting unit vastly improve.

5) as soon as DMC and karl are in the same zip code I think the vlad-father will get them in the same room and lock them down until he can get them on the same page.

DMC and karl don't need to love each other, but vlade will get them to respect each other and the kings will play good basketball!

Honestly, it still amazes me that our past management would keep on going after scrubs that wouldnt improve our team. Im glad vlade has some common sense. Most of the posters on this board could have assembled a better team than Gerbil and Mullin. How those two are still employed amazes me.

How hard is it to build around the most talented big in the league? I mean come on, were they purposely trying to sabatoge our team?
Denver haven't acquire anybody yet, have them? :)

There is a huge Sixers fan on an MMA forum I frequent and even after this move he still believes Hinkie duped Vlade big time. I think the trade probably benefits both teams, but I see it benefiting us the most. I don't think those draft pick swaps are going to work in Phillys favor that much.
Thanks Vlade! You rock!

A reply to the quote. Vlade is trying his hardest to make those swaps not matter and to make that pick in the 20s.

Let's face it. That swap thing is never going to happen. Philly is not going to be a good team at all. I can see them being last place in the nba again.

Yes. Are they going to make the statue too high for me to fist bump on the way into games? I am very concerned about this. You know how I like my superstitious routines, and I really don't want to have to bring a ladder every time. Also, for the first time in a long time, I am somewhat worried about the whole 'don't wash the lucky Kings game socks' thing. You know you can't wash the lucky socks while they are on a win streak and you can only wash them after a loss, to wash off the losing..... hmm, come to think of it, I need new lucky Kings socks, because the ones I have are obviously defective....... and, where is the GM of the year award presented?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
As a long time Kings fan I have always dreaded free agency period. Literately almost every year I considered it a success when could just re-up our own guys. If this season is half as exciting as the off season has been I will have to install seat belts on my recliner!

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Yeah, The Vladfather is making moves, the right moves, answering to the correct issues and for the doubt a few had, is showing right off the bat he understands our weaknesses and is quickly trying to fix them. That's most important. Take out all the emotional hoopla in this thread and the important undercurrent is Vlade has a direct understanding of exactly what this team needs.

When the Matthews offer was on the table I posted if that deal fell through, Rondo, Belinelli and Koufas would be my clear targets, signal a pretty good off season. Not only did I not expect all three to be signed so soon but Vlade did it with cap room to spare. That's impressive. Whether another big or wing, we've still got room to add another important piece. Suck on that, LA.

And being the pessimist I am, one of Vlade's biggest hurdles remains. That being solving Karl/Cuz. I have serious doubts that'll work. I get the excitement but that is the most important issue facing this team. Time will tell.

Yes question, what would it take for Vlade to secure his Executive of the Year award? Cuz-Karl surviving with 0 casualties? Winning 40+ games? Winning 45+ games? Playoffs?

EXCITING THINGS ARE HAPPENING! LETS GO VLADE!

This is premature. There are just too many questions lingering to evaluate his job. I, for one, still find the salary dump trade, at best, problematic.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Great job so far by Vlade...got a few more spots to take care of (Casspi) and then the finishing touch by Vlade is to keep George Karl in his lane and win. Karl can coach, stay in your lane and put the finishing touch on your career by putting together a great year.

This is premature. There are just too many questions lingering to evaluate his job. I, for one, still find the salary dump trade, at best, problematic.
Why is it problematic?

At the moment it appears next years pick is going to Chicago. I doubt the 76ers will be better than the Kings in 2 years. So the swaps are irrelevant. So we basically traded JT, Landry, Nick and the 2018 pick for Belinelli Koufos and whatever the last of the cap space is used on.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yeah, The Vladfather is making moves, the right moves, answering to the correct issues and for the doubt a few had, is showing right off the bat he understands our weaknesses and is quickly trying to fix them. That's most important. Take out all the emotional hoopla in this thread and the important undercurrent is Vlade has a direct understanding of exactly what this team needs.

When the Matthews offer was on the table I posted if that deal fell through, Rondo, Belinelli and Koufas would be my clear targets, signal a pretty good off season. Not only did I not expect all three to be signed so soon but Vlade did it with cap room to spare. That's impressive. Whether another big or wing, we've still got room to add another important piece. Suck on that, LA.

And being the pessimist I am, one of Vlade's biggest hurdles remains. That being solving Karl/Cuz. I have serious doubts that'll work. I get the excitement but that is the most important issue facing this team. Time will tell.
I think that whether the Karl/Cousins pairing works is totally up to Cousins. Karl is Karl, and to him, player drama is the norm. I don't necessarily think that's the right approach, but as I said, it's just Karl being Karl. That said, and despite everything, Karl wants to cement his legacy, so he'll easily let bygones be bygones. Not sure about Cuz, but so far, judging from his tweets, he appears to be happy with the off season acquisitions. It's possible that this whole thing has been overblown by those with revenge on the mind.

So far Vlade has been masterful at putting together a roster, that on paper, looks to be competitive in the west. Karl has been very good at getting a lot out of much less talented teams, so this team could surprise a lot of people. The one player that scares me is Rondo, but if he can return to his all star form, and check his emotions at the door, this team could be scary. One way or the other, this team is going to be entertaining.