UPDATE: Bulls match offer sheet for Zach LaVine (NEW Poll)

What's your take on the 4/78 offer to Zach LaVine?

• Total voters

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
if it was a new FO, who had a three year leeway, you don’t think that LaVine not returning to form and being a 20 mil hit would be less attractive?
That's a different question. Sure, maybe there's like 10-20% of this signing that has to do with general pressure to succeed on the front office. Bagley's California Classic performance didn't add anything to that, though.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He’ll yeah they are more ancy now that half the fanbase is up in arms over the suckage of their do or die number 2 pick. If Bagley came up and put up an actual number 2 draft pick showing the last two games they may feel like taking less of a chance.

If Bagley continues to underperform, there is absolutely not justification for the FO return. The highest upside play might save the day
LOL! Care to substantiate your claim that "half the fanbase is up in arms over the suckage" of Bagley? No. Wait. Never mind. I know you can't. Pretend I didn't respond, okay? In addition, that's a topic for a different thread. I may have to start another poll just to test your theory.

Stop being dumb and/or heed your own advice.

There are certain decisions that you don't need to see play out on the court to know that they aren't smart decisions. If you disagree, that's your right. But stop telling me or anyone else how to be a fan.
Well, you are absolutely 100% correct. I have no rights to tell you how to be a fan.

I was merely sad to see a side hobby ruining someone's free time, most of us are hard workers day in and day out, all I want after that is some simple entertainment as a spark. I just meant, if this side hobby is so draining on you, you can always turn it off for a while.

But hey, you go on and be you.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Stop being dumb and/or heed your own advice.

There are certain decisions that you don't need to see play out on the court to know that they aren't smart decisions. If you disagree, that's your right. But stop telling me or anyone else how to be a fan.
Dude lighten up. He's not being dumb and there's no need for the name calling. All he was doing was what I did in a different post - pointing you (somewhat with tongue in cheek) to the "I'm done with this effing team" thread.

That's a different question. Sure, maybe there's like 10-20% of this signing that has to do with general pressure to succeed on the front office. Bagley's California Classic performance didn't add anything to that, though.
If he continues to show what he has in the California Classic and no drastic roster moves were made I’m not sure Vlade survives the year, from the FO or fans

Does that influence whether they would go for a high risk/high reward play more? That depends I guess on how you read it personally I guess

We've got to hope they match. They very well may even though the ownership in Chicago is cheap.

If the rumors were right, they may have wanted to pay 18 per, that's not too far away to 20.

Gotta hope those rumors were true.
From all indications, The Bulls seem to be pretty high on him and planning on having him as one of the building blocks, so you never know.

I say sometimes you have to roll the dice. I like Lavine I low key want Chicago not to match it.
I would love this deal if this was a team that could actually get a good free agent and were planning to pair him with another FA signing next year when their expiring deals are off the books, or if they were able to make a deadline deal to ship out their expiring vets for a quality player. But I don't have the faith in this team to do those things, so I doubt this will pan out. I'm getting George Hill vibes about this.

Grant is right: you need depth and versatility on your team to be good. But guess what: good teams don't pay their bench depth 20 million a year. Good GMs don't make this deal if they were running the Kings. Good teams don't make these kinds of bad decisions. Bad ones do.

If a team has to think about matching a player this young than that should tell you something
It tells me that CHI is trying to save face from the Jimmy Butler trade.

Even then, it's not about whether LaVine a good player. He certainly has strengths. It's about fit and common sense.

Jusuf Nurkic is a good young player too. But with all the front court players the Kings have now, would it make sense to offer him 80M? NO!

Signing LaVine is redundant when the Kings have Buddy Hield and Bogdan Bogdanović, among others than can play the 2. Signing LaVine at the expense of either of those players is counterproductive to the direction the team has been going.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Respectfully, please refer to my response to Double K. Did I say I was done with the team? I have every right to have the opposite opinion that you do. No need to be snarky and point me to a "Im done with the team" thread because you don't agree with my take. That's disrespectful. I wouldn't tell you and Double K to go visit the "everything is great and I believe in rainbows and fairy's and every move Vlade makes" thread simply because you guy want to remain positive.

I feel you and I tend to align on a lot of things. No need to be negative towards me when we disagree. I get that I'm reacting a bit emotionally, but that's because my patience with Vlade and this franchise is running thin. Nothing personal towards anybody here.

Please point me to where I did this. I'd really like to know.

You're unfairly lumping me in with the masses. I hated the Philly trade. I hated the FA signings the year they signed Marco. I REALLY hated the DeMarcus trade. But I'm still here. And I've said numerous times that I'd give Vlade more time. And I have. And I'm waiting for any kind of sign that things are getting better. At some point, things have to appear to be getting better. They aren't.

One can only hope.

If the Kings didn't already have Buddy and Bogdan, that'd be one thing. But they do.
I understand your frustration, truly I do, but I was trying to just lighten the mood a bit. I honestly lumped you with others in regards to some of my comments, and for that I do apologize. You're right. You and I do align in a lot of ways.

One part, however, was true. Vlade made the Bagley can play the 3 comment, but it was taken out of context and he did later walk it back and explain more fully what he meant.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I find myself less and less willing to give Vlade the benefit of the doubt.
But that's kind of who you are, isn't it? At least your persona here. I think you try and be optimistic but you're a pessimist by nature and things like this just reinforce the pessimist part. I mean no disrrespect at all, by the way. You're as mercurial in your fandom as I am in mine, just in different ways, so I do empathize with your feelings.

The Chicago Tribune is reportingthe Bulls "proactively negotiated with LaVine in good faith with a strong, multiyear offer that sources said fell in the $18 million range annually."
Sounds like we are just being used as leverage especially since it's been stated he came to us first.

In 2 days this will be a non issue, although I'm openly stating I'd love to have him on the team.

Dude lighten up. He's not being dumb and there's no need for the name calling. All he was doing was what I did in a different post - pointing you (somewhat with tongue in cheek) to the "I'm done with this effing team" thread.
Which I believe is unwarranted too. So if we can all agree to not go down either of those roads, I'm on board.

I apologize for and withdraw the comment. As I said, nothing personal towards any member of this site. I'm just very upset with the continued direction of the Kings franchise and my ire rests with Vlade, Vivek and the rest of the front office. And I and those that share my view have every right to feel that way. Those of you on the other end of the spectrum have the right to feel the way you do too, which is why I'm not telling anyone to visit a different thread....