Tyrese Watch 2023-2024

Ja Morant was drafted in the 11th round of the KF fantasy league tonight. Pick 98. That's pretty f-ing sad for him, once regarded as a top 15-20 pick. Dude needs serious help.
Might be even lower in the redraft this weekend. Granted, that 20 game suspension has a lot to do with it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I absolutely get the appeal of benching Buddy but without him in the starting lineup, the Pacers have like no consistent spacing and four guys who would rather drive to the rim than take a C and S three.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yup, Tyrese has always been a savant on offense, on defense not so much.... his slight frame is always going to be a barrier for him on defense.
I was really high on his defensive potential coming out of college - had the hopes that he could turn into a Doug-Christie-type 2 with good outside shooting and great passing and IQ going along with killer D on the wing. The offensive part has more than paid off, but the defensive side of the ball was pretty obviously a disaster from well before we traded him.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I like him a lot but umm, how's that new contract looking?

Has he hit the magic wall that Fox did where being on a crappy team with a 2nd contract is going to bring the heat on fast?

eta: I see he had a really nice game tonight outside of that? at least scoring wise. defense issues will always be there. sounds like Benn got cooked pretty bad too and quick check on reddit says they wanted a foul there.

I, uh, they couldn't have tried drawing up a better play that a five out set up in a way that Tyrese would be short on room to make a play?
That was a drawn up play? It looks like he's calling for a screen that didn't come. Going 1-on-1 is not Tyrese's game.

Anyway, I find it disingenuous to carp about someone who just dropped 43/12 at high efficiency. Many teams would kill to get a guy with that kind of scoring and playmaking.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I like him a lot but umm, how's that new contract looking?

Has he hit the magic wall that Fox did where being on a crappy team with a 2nd contract is going to bring the heat on fast?

eta: I see he had a really nice game tonight outside of that? at least scoring wise. defense issues will always be there. sounds like Benn got cooked pretty bad too and quick check on reddit says they wanted a foul there.
Aged well. Lol

I know Indiana got what they needed to move forward, and we got what we needed but dang.. This guy is turning into a legit superstar. Meanwhile, all we got out of the deal is a triple double machine :rolleyes:
This is how win win trades are supposed to work. There hasn't been one in so long that fans forgot what they look like haha. The Pacers played Domas out of position to make it work and the Kings played Fox out of position. Now all the pieces fit together.