TV - What's your passion (NON-sports)?

The season finale of Doctor Who did not disappoint. In fact, it ranks right up there with some of my favorite episodes ever. Well done, Mr. Moffat.
Haven't you said you watch Luther? We are going to start watching it, looks up my alley. Watching an episode now and I'm liking it so far but need to start from season 1

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Shades of Blue with Ray Liotta and Jennifer Lopez is a keeper, provided they can keep up the writing. I'm already hooked.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I caught The Daily Show with Trevor Noah for the first time the other night. It's now part of my DVR schedule. Lots better than I thought it would be.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I loved the idea of them bringing back The X-Files. I watched last night, and was horribly disappointed. I deleted the timer from my DVR. I wanted to see more of what made the series great to begin with, not what IMHO led to its demise.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I loved the idea of them bringing back The X-Files. I watched last night, and was horribly disappointed. I deleted the timer from my DVR. I wanted to see more of what made the series great to begin with, not what IMHO led to its demise.
Try tonight's episode. A lot of fun and not completely enveloped in overwrought alien conspiracy drama.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Try tonight's episode. A lot of fun and not completely enveloped in overwrought alien conspiracy drama.
I was just about to revise my previous comment. I watched last night's episode and enjoyed the hell out of it. I put the show back on the DVR list and I'll just record it to watch later. Then, if it's too wrapped up in the conspiracy crap, I can just delete it. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I like Tom Ellis. I liked him in Rush and was a little disappointed when it was cancelled. Now Fox has him starring in Lucifer and I can't decide if I like it or not.

I like Tom Ellis. I liked him in Rush and was a little disappointed when it was cancelled. Now Fox has him starring in Lucifer and I can't decide if I like it or not.
I like it. For me, Tom Ellis is perfect for the part. Also started watching Colony with Josh Holloway. I like it too.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I quit watching Shades of Blue. Too predictable.

I predict Crowded will be a big hit. Patrick Warburton, Carrie Preston (from The Good Wife) and Stacy Keach in what looks to be a well-written comedy.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Happy Valley - I watched 2 seasons on Netflix. If you like strong women played by good actors, this will be good. BTW, the title is incredibly misleading and is meant to be. There are a lot of dead bodies in a small English town. It's probably BBC. Each year tells a story in about 6 hours.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Season 2 of Daredevil - binge-watched it while home sick late last week. Sounds like they are working on Season 2 of Jessica Jones? That is a pleasant surprise!

Season 2 of Daredevil - binge-watched it while home sick late last week. Sounds like they are working on Season 2 of Jessica Jones? That is a pleasant surprise!
my wife and i just finished season one of jessica jones. i mostly enjoyed it. david tennant as kilgrave was a casting masterstroke. the scenes that he and krysten ritter shared were absolutely electric. but the show suffered from an alarming lack of sparks in many of its other subplots and character relationships. overall, the show felt deeply padded, and it seemed to me that it very easily could have been tightened up to about 8 episodes total...

either that, or the creators could have treated the audience to a few "case of the week" type episodes to break up the traumatic storytelling a bit. JJ is a PI, after all. sadly, there was precious little detective work actually being done across the show's thirteen episodes. in fact, at one point somebody points out to jessica that being able to google a suspect doesn't exactly constitute quality investigative prowess...

as far as a second season goes, i'm having a hard time imagining an enjoyable version of the show given the way the first season ends (edited out spoilers)...

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
yeah, i realized that after posting, so i bolded the spoiler tags to at least make it a bit obvious...
If I watched that show, I would be not happy. By bolding the tags, you just draw someone's eye to the comments between them more obvious.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
my wife and i just finished season one of jessica jones. i mostly enjoyed it. david tennant as kilgrave was a casting masterstroke. the scenes that he and krysten ritter shared were absolutely electric. but the show suffered from an alarming lack of sparks in many of its other subplots and character relationships. overall, the show felt deeply padded, and it seemed to me that it very easily could have been tightened up to about 8 episodes total...

either that, or the creators could have treated the audience to a few "case of the week" type episodes to break up the traumatic storytelling a bit. JJ is a PI, after all. sadly, there was precious little detective work actually being done across the show's thirteen episodes. in fact, at one point somebody points out to jessica that being able to google a suspect doesn't exactly constitute quality investigative prowess...

as far as a second season goes, i'm having a hard time imagining an enjoyable version of the show ...
I don't disagree at all, in fact I also thought along the way that there should be much more PI work involved than what we were given. I also agree some of it could easily have been cut without detriment to the series. But no show is perfect. Overall I really liked the vibe they were going for and enjoyed the ride. I'm looking forward to how they grow the characters leading up to the Defenders.

The Walking Dead tonight! Read if you've the season 6 finale, not really a spoiler. I hid the text within this dummy text.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. Nulla consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. I'm kind of glad they ended season 6 like that, I didn't want to have to call in sick tomorrow because something happened to a good friend :lol: I was feeling so real world anxiousness like I had an interview the next day. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt. Cras dapibus. Vivamus elementum semper nisi. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus. Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies nisi

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Little Big Shots with Steve Harvey is this century's Kids Say The Darndest Things with one additional little twist. The kids on the show are incredibly talented. This makes three shows with Steve Harvey that I really enjoy. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fear The Walking Dead fills the void while TWD is on hiatus but I haven't really developed any affinity for any of the characters with the possible exception of Strand. My main fear is that this show will fall into being a mirror of the original instead of sticking a little longer with filling in the backstory of how society collapsed.