There is no topic

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Eight-for-nine. This may have been my favorite of the season. I thought that Jessica Tuck was a good casting choice for Cabe's ex-wife. And I even felt like they had believable chemistry as a divorced couple that still loved each other, even if they weren't 'in love' with each other anymore.

I only have one question: Rebecca said that her daughter by her second husband was seventeen, but both she and Cabe mentioned on multiple occasions that they'd only been divorced for fifteen years... As the great American philosopher, Gregory "Hurricane" Helms might say, wassupwitdat?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Eight-for-nine. This may have been my favorite of the season. I thought that Jessica Tuck was a good casting choice for Cabe's ex-wife. And I even felt like they had believable chemistry as a divorced couple that still loved each other, even if they weren't 'in love' with each other anymore.

I only have one question: Rebecca said that her daughter by her second husband was seventeen, but both she and Cabe mentioned on multiple occasions that they'd only been divorced for fifteen years... As the great American philosopher, Gregory "Hurricane" Helms might say, wassupwitdat?
They may have been separated at the time the second daughter was conceived but not actually divorced? Or, more likely, it's a continuity error that they missed.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Hrmm... I guess there may have been some hard feelings for a couple of years, before they "regressed" to the "mean." In the episode, they kind of made it seem like neither one of them had really wanted to get divorced, which is why it struck me as incongruous that she'd have a daughter by another man before their marriage had been legally dissolved.

I mean, god knows that I can testify that it happens sometimes, but I have no practical experience of it happening between two people who didn't have a bad breakup, or continued to be amicable post-divorce.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hrmm... I guess there may have been some hard feelings for a couple of years, before they "regressed" to the "mean." In the episode, they kind of made it seem like neither one of them had really wanted to get divorced, which is why it struck me as incongruous that she'd have a daughter by another man before their marriage had been legally dissolved.

I mean, god knows that I can testify that it happens sometimes, but I have no practical experience of it happening between two people who didn't have a bad breakup, or continued to be amicable post-divorce.
This is why I think it might just be a continuity error. I'm not sure the writers gave as much thought to the incidental part of the plot as you have. :)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Nine-for-ten. Good character development this episode, plus it may have been the first time that they've simultaneously had Paige look competent at the job she was ostensibly brought onto the team to do and had the team respect her input.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
So....my car got rear-ended on the way to work this morning. Jeep Cherokee plowed right into the back. I think my 2008 Civic is totaled given the likely cost of repairs, but I will take it in tomorrow for an estimate. Not that I loved the car, but it was fairly fuel efficient and reliable and in very good condition. I took good care of it. It was worth more to me than the cost of the replacement. Argh. I don't like looking at used cars; you never know how well they were maintained before you get them.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So....my car got rear-ended on the way to work this morning. Jeep Cherokee plowed right into the back. I think my 2008 Civic is totaled given the likely cost of repairs, but I will take it in tomorrow for an estimate.
Just look at this as an upgrade - you started the day with a Civic and you finished it with an Accordion.

Warhawk

Staff member
So....my car got rear-ended on the way to work this morning. Jeep Cherokee plowed right into the back.
Just to follow up, I felt pretty much normal for the past week, but yesterday my neck started hurting and last night/today it's much worse. How long does whiplash take to kick in??? It was a week to the day since the accident when I really started feeling anything. I figured once I got past the first couple days I was clear. Never had any first-hand experience with it though....

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Just to follow up, I felt pretty much normal for the past week, but yesterday my neck started hurting and last night/today it's much worse. How long does whiplash take to kick in??? It was a week to the day since the accident when I really started feeling anything. I figured once I got past the first couple days I was clear. Never had any first-hand experience with it though....
The pain happens several days after the accident. Those people who scream bloody murder a few minutes after an accident like this are lying. Hope you recover well. Avoid chiropractors. I've been rear ended three times.

Get to your primary care physician. Be sure you report any numbness or tingling in your arms or hands if you have any. Do not let some insurance company stooge pressure you into settling your case. Do not give a recorded statement to the other guy's insurance company. Do not sign an authorization for the other insurance company to order your medical records. contact an attorney.

Edit: dont post about incident online it is all discoverable.

Last edited:

Warhawk

Staff member
Get to your primary care physician. Be sure you report any numbness or tingling in your arms or hands if you have any. Do not let some insurance company stooge pressure you into settling your case. Do not give a recorded statement to the other guy's insurance company. Do not sign an authorization for the other insurance company to order your medical records. contact an attorney.

Edit: dont post about incident online it is all discoverable.
Yeah, I have an appointment in an hour with my doc, so I have that covered. No numbing or tingling, just neck pain. Will address the rest as necessary. Thanks! ;)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Ten-for-eleven, with a caveat: I'd really like to see where they're going with Sylvester's increasing fear of his job/potential post-traumatic stress. I'll give them a mulligan next week, since it's a holiday episode, but if they don't get into it after that...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I won't post spoilers in case some of the SOA folks haven't viewed the final episode. I will, however, say ... HOLY CRAP.

I commend Kurt Sutter for finishing the series the way he did.

Ten-for-eleven, with a caveat: I'd really like to see where they're going with Sylvester's increasing fear of his job/potential post-traumatic stress. I'll give them a mulligan next week, since it's a holiday episode, but if they don't get into it after that...
It's a good show. I'm still 5 episodes behind.

I have 2 months of baby bonding time coming up. I anticipate much television being watched when I'm not being pooped/pee'd on. :)