The wrong point guard

Eh I don’t think he was a cancer, but he certainly didn’t do himself any favors especially towards the end of his stay with us. Can’t say for certain though as we will never know what happened behind closed doors, but he was alright until money came up and then he got all weird about it.

In terms of his play, that’s years ago now but we probably didn’t put him in the best position to be successful. He was asked to do things he wasn’t very good at (dribbling, defense, and bringing the ball up), but that falls on the coaching staff more than anything. He was egocentric for sure, but calling him a cancer is probably going too far. I would simply say that he overstayed his welcome and some of his actions probably accelerated the process of him getting traded.

Eh I don’t think he was a cancer, but he certainly didn’t do himself any favors especially towards the end of his stay with us. Can’t say for certain though as we will never know what happened behind closed doors, but he was alright until money came up and then he got all weird about it.

In terms of his play, that’s years ago now but we probably didn’t put him in the best position to be successful. He was asked to do things he wasn’t very good at (dribbling, defense, and bringing the ball up), but that falls on the coaching staff more than anything. He was egocentric for sure, but calling him a cancer is probably going too far. I would simply say that he overstayed his welcome and some of his actions probably accelerated the process of him getting traded.
He's not a problem for a disciplined coach who holds in him line, like Carlisle and Dave Joerger. Walton obviously was not a good pairing

He's not a problem for a disciplined coach who holds in him line, like Carlisle and Dave Joerger. Walton obviously was not a good pairing
He wasn’t a huge problem here either, he just behaved like a child at times and towards the end enjoyed whining and complaining publicly, which soured many folks’ opinion of him. We probably waited too long to trade him but ultimately it was easily the right call. He became unhappy here and we weren’t happy with him either.

In fairness to Buddy it's not like we had a clear identity that he was out to sabotage. We had a poorly constructed team, not much talent, and an uninspiring head coach. Things went as well as they could have.

He got Joerger fired.
He got Joerger fired.
lol.
Ridiculous.

Vlade wanted Luke to become head coach of the Kings earlier, when Luke signed with the Lakers. As soon as Luke was available, Valde jumped all over Luke. I wouldn't be surprised if Vlade talked to the Lakers-perhaps even Magic or Jeannie Buss and found out that Luke could possibly be let go by the Lakers, if the Kings were willing to pick up the remainder of Luke's contract with the Lakers. I suspect that this hastened the departure of Dave Joerger.

Buddy buckets wanted to play more minutes, shoot more shots, and make more money. Geez, is he the only one in the NBA that wants more minutes, shots, and money?

But without any facts to back it up, you state that Buddy is a Cancer.

Now you state, Buddy " He got Joerger fired."

I see no reference on a google search to Buddy being a cancer and Buddy got Vlade to fire Joerger.

However, I do see this article including Buddy Hield about a 9 year old Cancer Survivor meets Kings player.
9-year-old Cancer Survivor Meets Team, Celebrates Remission | NBA.com

Now in remission, Kameron was invited to see the Kings live in action as they took on the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday, Feb. 22. Little did he know, Buddy Hield, Frank Mason, Garrett Temple, Doug Christie, Peja Stojakovic and more, would be there to personally welcome the young fighter to Golden 1 Center.
Photos, autographs, and even

So kindly share your sources. Did you work for the Kings and saw this first hand?

or rather....without substantiation by way of facts....... do you just get your jollies by tearing someone down-by making up stuff, spread rumors, lies, that are unsubstantiated.?

or are you just unhappy in general?

This is the Christmas season. Be Kind.

Last edited: