The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Had my second match this weekend, me and my opponent rocked it.

First title opportunity too (NLPW Future’s Championship!) Didn’t come away with the W though.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Maybe they should have picked one of the other guys to be the new shot caller? It makes some sense kayfabe to have an off screen leader (even if that's still Reigns). I'm not as low on Solo as most just because he has the right look even if he lacks everything else, but read the friggin room.

I think I've actually figured it all out...They're trying to extend the storyline so they have enough time to train and groom the one individual they would like to have become the NEW tribal chief...

@SLAB

:p:p:p

Yes, folks...

Whether we like it or not, we're just gonna have to tough it out, and acknowledge HIM.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I'm not even prepared to stipulate that it's "most"; it might just be @SLAB.
I got the impression a lot of people thought he was the weakest link in the Bloodline. Of course that means nothing I got the impression on the internet that Jade Cargill was a botch fest on Saturday that took down three great workers only to find out it was Kairi and Asuka and the ref largely responsible for messing up the match flow.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Not sure why Lyra continues to be getting this unreal push she’s been getting since like Halloween but I guess they did need another female British Isles-born wrestler to fill out the card at Clash in the Castle in a few months.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

On the one hand, it’s like forty minutes from my apartment. On the other hand, the arena it’s in sucks (it’s the National Sumo Arena and the sight lines for pretty much anyone not sitting directly next to the ring are gonna blow). On the other hand, this might be my one chance to see Shinsuke win a match since he’s lost pretty much every single one of his TV appearances in the last two years.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
An island full of gingers and the WWE universe loves the brunette. go figure.

I don't have the hate boner for her that our beloved Slab has but for the push she is getting she should be more memorable than she is. I'm far more interested in Blair Davenport of the recent call ups. They didn't book her strong enough imho but she looks like she could kayfabe whoop the entire mid-card although I don't see her at the top of the women's ticket with the current crop of talent WWE has.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I don't know which bothered me more, or which I find more annoying: that Liv Morgan (whom I'm not a fan of) won the title, or that a women's title changed hands because of interference from a man whom neither woman was feuding with, on behalf of a woman who's out indefinitely due to injury? Like, what's the payoff here? As Big Dust might have asked, where is the money?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't know which bothered me more, or which I find more annoying: that Liv Morgan (whom I'm not a fan of) won the title, or that a women's title changed hands because of interference from a man whom neither woman was feuding with, on behalf of a woman who's out indefinitely due to injury? Like, what's the payoff here? As Big Dust might have asked, where is the money?
It really felt like they went “Crap, Becky’s deal is up soon so we gotta get the belt off her.” while still trying to keep up the momentum of the Liv/Rhea feud and as a result wound up not really achieving any of their actual goals.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Gotta imagine this was another condition of the Rock coming back lmao
First time I have ever cheered for Nia.
What's funny about all this is that Nia has been en fuego since her return, and this was the smart booking choice, preferences be damned.

And I still don't know why someone who likes good wrestling wouldn't like Lyra Valkyria?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
What's funny about all this is that Nia has been en fuego since her return, and this was the smart booking choice, preferences be damned.

And I still don't know why someone who likes good wrestling wouldn't like Lyra Valkyria?
I like Lyra as a wrestler but it feels like she never really got her in-ring persona figured out during her NXT stint. Her entire thing over the last half year has been that she’s Becky’s friend and that’s pretty much it?

I’m sure they’ve got something planned for her but she went from a relatively long NXT title reign straight into reaching the finals of Queen of the Ring, something that not even most of the big name signings who got fast tracked through NXT ever did. In a way she’s having her Austin Theory randomly getting the Vince mandated push out of sheer desperation moment.