The Official Keep DeMarcus and Tyreke Petition Thread

Dear Mr. Vivek,

Thank you for saving our team and the City of Sacramento from the Maloofs and Hansen and Ballmer.

But, with all these rumors floating around about DeMarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans being traded, we as Kings fans would like to implore you to keep the two most talented on the Kings roster intact to see what they can do with a real Coach, a real GM and most importantly a real Owner who cares about the team and the fans.

We the Fans of the Sacramento Kings see the Talent that these two (DMC and Tyreke) have and they have been misused and mis-coached and deserve a chance to show you and all the Kings Fans what they can do under real guidance.

So, for any other Kings fans that want to keep this core of DeMarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans Intact and see what they can accomplish.

Please, Please, Please sign this petition to Keep DMC and Tyreke!!!!

Sincerely,
Kings Fans

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I don't know how worried I am or should be, but hey, couldn't hurt. They claim they are monitoring everything. Well if so: new Kings decisionmakers, those are the two parts of the organization that AREN'T broke. You want to fast track being good? Keep the talent you have. Add to it. And it is some remarkable talent.

It really is a no brainer to keep these 2 players. Malone hire actually gives me some hope that Tyreke will remain. Coach Malone preaches defence and I am sure he would LOVE to work with Tyreke who is our best defender and has the potential to be all-team defence type of wing. It also certainly helps that Tyreke is a 2 way player.

Now if I was Marcus Thornton, I would be starting to twitch a bit with the announcement of the Mike Malone hire. Last time those 2 were on the same team, Thornton was riding the back of the bench because of his lack of defensive input.

I would be shocked if MT is on the roster come season opener. He is the first one that will get traded.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
It is not obvious to all. I can add that as a fan I do not think less of the Kings because of the behavior of DeMarcus Cousins. In fact he is one of the few attractions this previously mislead team has acquired.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have the utmost faith in Vivek and Co's ability to assess talent and to keep both Evans and Cousins. With the right leadership, these two players will form a foundation to build upon that will help cement our future.

signed.

a kings team anchored by demarcus cousins and tyreke evans has the potential to go so much farther than a kings team without one or both. a player like monta ellis, for example, is certainly no upgrade over tyreke, given ellis' age and 'reke's upside, so letting 'reke walk for nothing in restricted free agency seems terribly impertinent, at this point. and to trade demarcus cousins while his potential is so high but while his value around the league also remains low is to start from scratch with the rebuild of this team. a small market franchise can take a decade to recover from such a misstep, and this one is poised for a rebirth...

it's not the time to get cute, to believe that the draft holds the answer, or to poach another team's scraps. it's time to to surround cousins and evans with the kind of veteran, defensive talent that will help them arrive in the upper echelons of the nba. the kings can be a playoff team before too long. but it's gonna take a commitment to the two players with all-star potential who have already been here. take note ranadive and company: it's the rest of the roster that needs retooling. and it really is a mess. seriously. have a good look at it. if mike malone is going to be given the tools to succeed, he needs a couple of talents like cousins and evans, and he's gonna need some true roleplayers who can defend, rebound, move the ball, and allow cousins and evans room to operate...

I don't know how worried I am or should be, but hey, couldn't hurt. They claim they are monitoring everything. Well if so: new Kings decisionmakers, those are the two parts of the organization that AREN'T broke. You want to fast track being good? Keep the talent you have. Add to it. And it is some remarkable talent.
DMC is clearly "broke." Is he able to be "fixed?" Well, that is just the question. But please don't assert that he is not broke.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
DMC is clearly "broke." Is he able to be "fixed?" Well, that is just the question. But please don't assert that he is not broke.
Clearly broke? I think that's patently unfair. Had he had problems? Oh, hell yes. I know another guy who had a lot of problems early in his career, leading some people to say he was broke. But, with the right leadership and team, he seemed to do okay. If you need further proof, look up in the rafters in Sleep Train. It's his name on that jersey with the big 4 on it.

Clearly broke? I think that's patently unfair. Had he had problems? Oh, hell yes. I know another guy who had a lot of problems early in his career, leading some people to say he was broke. But, with the right leadership and team, he seemed to do okay. If you need further proof, look up in the rafters in Sleep Train. It's his name on that jersey with the big 4 on it.
indeed. sports fans just enjoy being melodramatic. if demarcus cousins' biggest problem is that his fiery passion occasionally boils over, then sign me up for a potential 20/10 superstar 6'11" center, in a league shrinking at the position, who may also earn quite a few technical fouls, and who may even get ejected from a game or two. his attitude needs some work, but i'd hardly call him "broke," and certainly not "clearly broke." he's got some rough edges that require smoothing out. but that's all. winning will change much for demarcus, as will guidance under new ownership and coaching. i don't know if some kings fans just have terribly weak stomachs, but i'm consistently amazed by how often DMC's "problems" are blown out of proportion at kf.com. grant napear hasn't done kings fans any favors by leading that charge, pitchfork and all, but it's a shallow perspective that's "clearly broke," if ya ask me...

indeed. sports fans just enjoy being melodramatic. if demarcus cousins' biggest problem is that his fiery passion occasionally boils over, then sign me up for a potential 20/10 superstar 6'11" center, in a league shrinking at the position, who may also earn quite a few technical fouls, and who may even get ejected from a game or two. his attitude needs some work, but i'd hardly call him "broke," and certainly not "clearly broke." he's got some rough edges that require smoothing out. but that's all. winning will change much for demarcus, as will guidance under new ownership and coaching. i don't know if some kings fans just have terribly weak stomachs, but i'm consistently amazed by how often DMC's "problems" are blown out of proportion at kf.com. grant napear hasn't done kings fans any favors by leading that charge, pitchfork and all, but it's a shallow perspective that's "clearly broke," if ya ask me...
it's not just on kf's from what i have seen. the national media coverage still harps on how much of a disaster dmc is in the emotions department. drives me a bit insane to be honest. summer time, off season, new owners, new coach, draft coming up and now that all the drama is done with the team moving to seattle they have moved back onto painting him as a menace instead of focusing on that other stuff. for some reason they always tie it back to dmc, and how the kings should dump him. i dont see him as broken at all, more of a young player who needs refinement and to mature like the majority of young players. i wish we had a talented writer around here that could replace all the fools putting out this information ;) or maybe an editor who tells them to get lost when they keep submitting this stuff.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
it's not just on kf's from what i have seen. the national media coverage still harps on how much of a disaster dmc is in the emotions department.
And yet the national media is the first to salivate when thinking up (bigger market) landing spots for the guy. Those who can't see the connection seem to be missing the bigger picture. (Not you - in general.)