The Official 2023-2024 NHL Season Thread

First off: Article from NBC Sports Bay Area's website...

Beat writers list best fits for Sharks' potential Karlsson trade

With that being said, and posted...

I only have the following to say:

1. I look forward to not having EK on the books and, more importantly, on the roster/ice.
2. Please, Grier, whatever the heck you do here, just don't send the guy to Vegas. If that happens, I might as well just go all over town (Vegas) and puke all over the place.

I've been in shambles since on or around October 6, 2017, when my entire family just expected me to become a Knights fan because I "now live in Vegas". I've never liked the Knights. At all. But, to them, I'm a "casual fan", because if I come out and actually tell them that I've never cared two bleeps about the team, they'd lose their ish. Because, to them, I should be a Knights fan because "Vegas is now my home" (Vegas is nowhere near my home. It never was. It never is. And it never will be.). My home will ALWAYS be Roseville, California (And I can't wait to return). And my ONLY hockey team will ALWAYS be the San Jose Sharks, unless Sacramento is awarded a team down the road. If that happens, Sacramento will ALWAYS be my team. And San Jose will occupy a small place in my heart, just because they're the team that introduced me to hockey to begin with. And they're the team that made me love hockey. And I will never forget that.

Knowing that the NHL GIFTED Vegas a Stanley Cup because "they didn't want their newest franchise to have to struggle out the gates, and they wanted to ensure fans in Vegas became instant hockey fans, hurts more than most will ever know. Especially my family. They're all just too freaking stupid to realize that, and acknowledge that. Because they think this is the best freaking place in the world, and I couldn't possibly be in a better situation.

Little do they know...

Last edited:
I've been in shambles since on or around October 6, 2017, when my entire family just expected me to become a Knights fan because I "now live in Vegas". I've never liked the Knights. At all. But, to them, I'm a "casual fan", because if I come out and actually tell them that I've never cared two bleeps about the team, they'd lose their ish. Because, to them, I should be a Knights fan because "Vegas is now my home" (Vegas is nowhere near my home. It never was. It never is. And it never will be.). My home will ALWAYS be Roseville, California (And I can't wait to return). And my ONLY hockey team will ALWAYS be the San Jose Sharks, unless Sacramento is awarded a team down the road. If that happens, Sacramento will ALWAYS be my team. And San Jose will occupy a small place in my heart, just because they're the team that introduced me to hockey to begin with. And they're the team that made me love hockey. And I will never forget that.

Knowing that the NHL GIFTED Vegas a Stanley Cup because "they didn't want their newest franchise to have to struggle out the gates, and they wanted to ensure fans in Vegas became instant hockey fans, hurts more than most will ever know. Especially my family. They're all just too freaking stupid to realize that, and acknowledge that. Because they think this is the best freaking place in the world, and I couldn't possibly be in a better situation.

Little do they know...
And the fact that they won the cup last season with Adin Freaking Hill in net, and now beloved Hertl is there. I will definitely be conflicted if they make it far in the playoffs because I would love to see Hertl win the cup.

I'll just keep rooting for Pavs and Burns until I have to root for Hertl I guess. Go Stars?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Shame about Quinn was that he was Jack Parker's successor at BU and lead them to a championship game in short order, recruited well (Eichel) then jumped ship to a not even mid NHL coaching career.

Grier was a BU great too who has been so-so.

thankfully BU is in great hands with Pandolfo.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celebrate for Celebrini!!!

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Let the BU to SJ pipeline continue lol

actually a good fit tho, his daddy is in the dubs FO no?

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I’m glad I can continue to root for him without feeling dirty like I do when Eichel is on my TV.