The KingsFans Mock Draft discussion thread

Ok I don't know if I want to run the show here but I will try...(If anyone else wants to do it feel free to take over in another thread)

We will try to have an NBA draft with us as the GMs.The Idea is simple we need 24 people. One for every team in the first round. Each person gets a team and makes the picks for that team.
The point of this is to see if our GM minds are like the GM minds of the NBA and so we can see how close we get to the real thing

1. Capt. Factorial
2. NoBonus
3. GeraldWallace#3
4. SacKings7
5. Jespher
6. KingsNation
7. Vlade4GM
8. Dime Dropper
9. tradepeja
10. Jerryaki
11. LPKingsFan
12. DerekJ
13. CruzDude
14. Gtronic
15. Entity
16. Kingsfans10
17. icp3425
18. Gary
19. MassachusettsKingsFan
20. Henkel
21. BibbyFAN10
22. Trueblood
23. jdbraver
24. LarryLegend
25. bajaden
26. KingsCitizen
27. MassachusettsKingsFan
28. Jespher
29. GeraldWallace#3
--30. NO 30 because Orlando does not have a pick in this year's draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
How do we determine who gets which team?
We armwrestle over it. Or a randomizer. Or first in, first dibs...I dunno. GW#3? What's the call?

Note: I count only 24 teams with a first-rounder. SAC, OKC, MEM, and CHI have 2, MIN has 3. I would definitely suggest that we run this draft through #31, since we pick there.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You know this is such a simple idea that I have no idea why we've missed it until now. ;)

I'll do it of course. Will say that I briefly participated on a site that did something similar last year -- including trading where the the trick was always to try to rip off the inexperienced guy -- and the only annoying thing was that in the end you are kind of drafting/trading for the team that will get the most votes from the dumbest/least basketball saavy person in the room, rather than the team that you think would actually win. No help for it though.

Last edited:
Yes Trades are allowed and I will put the people's name into a randomizer so yeah. And If we did it to 31 the team with the Kings would have an unfair advantage(dont we wish this could happen in real life) but if all of you are ok with it sure why not go to 31 or maybe even the whole second round. Feel free to give ideas I sorta new at this whole commish thing.

Ooops didn't see the Bulls had 2.

If you decide to go to 31, we may as well do the whole 2nd round.

And is there gonna be playoffs with this, or is this just for fun? Because we all know whoever has the Kings would win the playoffs, unless they trade Martin and the #4 for Patrick O'Bryant

This is a separate entity from the TDOS drafts, so I'm assuming there won't be playoffs. It's kind of playing around to see how close we get to the real picks right?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
To avoid confusion, I've moved this to the Personnel Moves forum. It's not a TDOS-type draft thread; it's a mock draft.

Carry on...

:)

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Hey, why not. Always fun and last year was in smallest minority of those who picked JT. :p

P.S. Just moved south to Solana Beach 20 min north of downtown San Diego but still bigtime Kings fan.