The Kings Will Be Awesome This Year Because

I'm bored. So I decided to start an awesome thread about the Kings. Seems like a great time to just start listing all the reasons why the Kings will be GOOD this year. This is not a debate thread. Let's stick to the topic!

What are your favorite reasons why the Kings will be good this year?

I'll start:

Because DMC + Rudy + Rondo + vets and shooters is just a team that will refuse to lose.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Cousins is ready for prime, Rudy and Cousins have a chemistry built up, Ben in third year is continuing to improve. rondo bringing leadership at a position that requires it, We shouldn't suffer from lack of talent off the bench.

The most sincere compliments for a very exciting Kings team! I bleed Celtics green, and it's just going to be soooo nice to see Kings taking and owning California.
Treasure Rondo, guys... he's the real deal. Watching him night in, night out, is something I envy you guts!

We might maybe for the first time in a decade have a pick n roll game with Rondo and Cousins
Rondo is way more than barely pick'n roll.. It's been one year and I'm still trying to get over the fact we (the Celts) let him go.
The axe center-point guard is the backbone of a solid basketball team, the guy is very unselfish and despite all the *hit they tried to put on him in Dallas (mostly to cover someone else's failures), he is definitely not a quitter.
Thus, his impact will be visible on Boogie, giving him that extra motivation he seemed to lack so far.
Rondo will never be or play like Collison, which I really like too, but he has a much better set of skills to set the pace on a team, whereas Collison seems to me more a "special-team" guy can come in and lead the second unit to an higher level.
Anyway, I am going to watch several Kings' games this year and, please... beat LA! :)

1) Because they have retooled the roster.
2) They have no useless anchors on the team.
3) They have depth and talent at every position.
4) They have young players that are improving.
5) They have vets who are solid.
6) They actually HAVE a bench.
7) Their starting 5 are not a joke
8) Jason Thompson is gone. (Expert Consensus Rank: PF #96)
9) Cousins/Rondo/Gay are a nice trifecta.
10) George Karl is a legit coach who will turn this thing around.

I was a Celtics fan for years before my hometown of Sacramento got our own team. The "Beat LA" gene is hereditary in my family. Nothing better!
I belong to the generation that saw Larry Bird and Earvin Johnson being drafted, the Kings were still in Kansas City... in those years of battles, James Worthy was the only player I would have liked to see in green. As time has gone by, I developed a significant respect for Earvin Johnson too.
But, man, if I just couldn't stand the yellow Fakers.. and I still can't.

Because Karl is focused on making the players better (and not necessarily happy!).

Karl said he has been pushing his players throughout preseason and acknowledged that not everyone was pleased about the prospect of practicing the morning after a night game in Las Vegas.

“I’m pretty sure the decision’s not a happy one amongst the players. But I’m not here to make them happy. I’m here to make them better.”

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article39175953.html

(As a side note, I hope Karl also keeps the guys focused on Kings basketball and follows Pop’s model on limiting social media broadcasts and interviews – do we want to win games or play games with the media?)

Last edited: