The Blockchain/Cryptocurrency/Electric Cars (???) discussion thread

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I drove from South Carolina to Orange mostly via I-40. Then I-5 to Sacramento and ultimately Portland.

There was no EA in Oklahoma so I had to use a Charge Point station which was 60kWh for 45 minutes but otherwise I just took my free 30 minutes at an EA and was on my way for most of the journey. I was able to get overnight L2 charging at hotels in Memphis, OKC, my mom's house in Sac and Ashland, OR.

When I got to Kingman there was only one working charger at the EA so I booked a hotel with an L2, but of course they were in use when I got there. So I just set an alarm for midnight and drove over to get my 30 minute charge late night.

I will see that overall, I-40 was a much nicer experience than I-5 in California. Perhaps because CA hopped on board early the stations were old and out of date and in need of new hardware? Or perhaps it was just that there were too many people who needed to use them. It was a mix of de-rated and crowded. It took me about 10 hours to get to Sacramento from my sister's in Orange.

I wrote up the whole thing including detailed info on every charge and lots of photos from my trip over on the i4 talk forum:
https://www.i4talk.com/threads/mtv-...eenville-sc-to-portland-or.10326/#post-212569