Start of college season tonight:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Tonight the college basketball season kicks off with two games on ESPNU. St. John's, a very young, but talented team takes on William & Mary at 4 PM Pacific. St. John's has a chance to be one of the better teams in college basketball this season. They start the season with 7 players on their 11 man roster being freshman. Talented freshman, but inexperienced freshman. St. John's plays a run and gun type of game. Depending on their learning curve, they could be a very good team.

At 6 PM Pacific, Arizona takes on Valparaiso. Arizona lost a huge piece when Derrick Williams departed. But they have talented point guard Josiah Turner coming on board. Arizona like St. Johns is talented, but young. They struggled big time in one of their exhibition games against a weak opponent a couple of weeks ago. Luckily they play in the somewhat weak Pac 12, so if they can get their act together they should be able to make a splash. (note: Arizona already has the best recruiting class in the nation for 2012 lined up. So this season could just be the beginning of their march to the top.)

bajaden

Hall of Famer
For those interested. Kentucky with 4 potential first round picks on their team, Anthony Davis, Terrence Jones, Michael Gilchrist, and Marquis Teague, is about to play Marist on channel 645 on direct TV. Kentucky is ranked number 2 in the nation, and some could argue that they should be number 1. Also, UCONN is about to play on U ESPN. They have the potential number one pick in the draft with Andre Drummond, and another first round pick in Jeremy Lamb.

I can't wait for this UNC v. Mich St clash onboard the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier docked in San Diego right now - at 4 PM today on ESPN. Even Pres. Obama is courtside for this Veterans Day classic. Looks a bit windy but otherwise a pretty nice day by the beach.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I can't wait for this UNC v. Mich St clash onboard the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier docked in San Diego right now - at 4 PM today on ESPN. Even Pres. Obama is courtside for this Veterans Day classic. Looks a bit windy but otherwise a pretty nice day by the beach.
Watched the game after DVR ing it. Looked like Mich St. was going to push N. Carolina all over the court when it started. But N. Carolina made a nice comeback. Harrison Barnes looks like he's added weight and muscle. Still has a very nice stroke. Henson had a nice game with 9 blocked shots. Still skinny, and I suspect he'll have a Marcus Camby type career. Nothing wrong with that.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
#1 Kentucky falls to Indiana in Bloomington 73-72. CLICK on the 3pt buzzer beater and insane reaction by Hoosier fans! THIS is why WE love college basketball!!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...three-signals-Indiana-s-retu?urn=ncaab-wp6828
It was a great game, and a learning experience for the kids at Kentucky. I'm sure that Calapari told them to foul, since Indiana wasn't in the penalty, but they didn't, and its cost them the game. Fun game though, and your right, this is what college ball is all about.