[SPOARTS!] Comments that don't warrant their own thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr. S£im Citrus, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

So, I kept the channel on ESPN2 after The Dan LeBatard Show, and I found myself watching the NCAA Women's College Gymnastics National Semifinal. And I have a question: how does a team (UCLA) with two Olympic Gold Medalists on it (Kyla Ross - 2012, Madison Kocian - 2016) manage to only be a #5 seed? Like, how bad is the rest of that team?:eek:
    Tetsujin and VF21 like this.
  2. Mr. S£im Citrus

So, the announcers confirmed it: UCLA has the two Olympians, a pretty good redshirt senior, and a bunch of girls named Jane. That's pretty much why they're only a #5 seed.
  3. Mr. S£im Citrus

Spurs have the game well in hand, so I switched over to the NCAA Women's College Gymnastics National Championship, just in time to see a Perfect 10 on the balance beam from UCLA's redshirt senior, Peng Peng Lee. Even still, the Bruins are in 4th place, out of six teams.

Two Olympic Gold Medalists, a senior who nailed a 10, and they're in fourth place. The rest of that team has to be the drizzling ****s.
    Tetsujin likes this.
  4. VF21

VF21 #TheFutureIsSkal Staff Member Contributor

Okay. I'll play...What are "SPOARTS"?
  5. Mr. S£im Citrus

Oklahoma wins back-to-back National Championships. LSU ties a program-best second place finish, Florida third, and UCLA settles for fourth.

I wonder when's the last time Kyla Ross or Madison Kocian finished fourth in a team competition?
  6. Mr. S£im Citrus

On one of the other message boards I post at, intentionally misspelling words in an exclamatory manner is a thing, like MOAR, FITE, TAEK and FOOTBAW~!
  7. VF21

VF21 #TheFutureIsSkal Staff Member Contributor

8. Mr. S£im Citrus

Right at this moment, there is a fetus with more Grand Slam singles titles than Anna Kournikova.
  9. fansinceday1

fansinceday1 Well-Known Member

Listening to Gio and Jones as I was driving to work this morning (5 am) and they had on Greg Ostertag. He lives on a Texas ranch with his wife and daughter and is a full blown rancher. Lives in a little town of 2500.
    Greg was very open and frank about his playing days. Even though he's been out of basketball for a decade he still thinks about his career and how he didn't put 100% effort into the very thing he did. It really bothers him. He said now that he's older he realizes that, to be frank, he pissed his career away because he is lazy. Those were his own words. He always butted heads with Jerry Sloan and now, with age, he realizes why he was always on him. Because they saw that Greg had way more in the tank than he was expelling.
    Gio asked him how often he thinks about his lack of effort and Greg said as he's bailing hay or feeding his pigs he thinks about all the regret he has everyday. It was a very frank discussion and I felt bad for the guy. I hope he doesn't let his regret eat him up.
    Warhawk likes this.