Spears: Rondo Might Be The Perfect Fit For the Kings

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm happy to see positive national press as much as the next Kings fan, but this smells like an agent-driven puff piece. Yahoo's writers (Woj in particular) are infamous for doing these "favors" to agents in exchange for access. And keep in mind Rondo is a free agent again next offseason.

So while its nice to believe that Spears has all of a sudden seen the light on what's happening in Sacramento, I read things in his article like a throwaway line about how Rondo turned down a $70 million extension last season with the Celtics that was probably never offered and it begins to sound suspicious. My instinct is that this is more Rondo's agent preemptively negotiating with Vlade in public. Its textbook agent maneuvering with a journalist as the middleman.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
No, I know its in the news links. I have never liked that separation though on the good ones. Just doesn't lend itself to discussion.
Different styles, I suppose; last time I saw a News Link that I thought would generate discussion, I just moved the news link up to Kings Rap.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
May be a fit and actually being a fit remains to be seen...the last two games he has really come along nicely. I hope he hounds Mike Conley today and Eric Bledsoe tomorrow...he needs to be more aggressive on offense there is no question. He cannot be passive if teams are giving him open looks all game long.

Wow. I honestly had no idea that 'kings news links' thing existed. Seems super handy. Thanks to whoever manages that.
Ditto! And I have been posting many links to Kings news in the wrong places over the last couple of months. Thanks to all of you for not beating me up over it;)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Wow. I honestly had no idea that 'kings news links' thing existed. Seems super handy. Thanks to whoever manages that.
Actually, I believe that the links there are placed by a 'bot that searches for mention of the Kings or Kings players.

Ditto! And I have been posting many links to Kings news in the wrong places over the last couple of months. Thanks to all of you for not beating me up over it;)
I would say that Kings Rap or Personnel Moves forums are probably the right places to post stuff. I think the Kings News forum gets largely ignored, because it spits out quite a bit of irrelevant stuff and doesn't have any commentary on the original piece.

Actually, I believe that the links there are placed by a 'bot that searches for mention of the Kings or Kings players.

I would say that Kings Rap or Personnel Moves forums are probably the right places to post stuff. I think the Kings News forum gets largely ignored, because it spits out quite a bit of irrelevant stuff and doesn't have any commentary on the original piece.
Thanks for the clarification!

May be a fit and actually being a fit remains to be seen...the last two games he has really come along nicely. I hope he hounds Mike Conley today and Eric Bledsoe tomorrow...he needs to be more aggressive on offense there is no question. He cannot be passive if teams are giving him open looks all game long.
well he has been aggressive so far. As much as he needs to be, anyway

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
That's why some of the mods actually just move the thread from the News Links to Kings Rap. :p
Ah, see, I've always kind of viewed the Links forum to be a repository of all Kings related stories, like a library of sorts for anybody who really wants to scroll through them. If something is interesting I'll make a xerox, but I won't actually steal the books. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ah, see, I've always kind of viewed the Links forum to be a repository of all Kings related stories, like a library of sorts for anybody who really wants to scroll through them. If something is interesting I'll make a xerox, but I won't actually steal the books. ;)
The Links forum was set up to handle all the bot stuff originally. We're not stealing books when we move them from one shelf to another. :p

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
The Links forum was set up to handle all the bot stuff originally. We're not stealing books when we move them from one shelf to another. :p
Yeah, but the Dewey Decimal System can't handle books on the wrong shelf. ;)

What's this repositatory you call a "library"? You mean there are ways to gain knowledge outside of googling, twitter and my Facebook feed? Fascinating...

Last edited: