Shabazz is Playing Tonight

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yep, I'm recording it as I write this. I'll probably watch it around 10 tonight. Looking forward to seeing him play his first college game. He's one of those that I did see play quite a bit in highschool. If he can improve his outside shot, which is not bad right now, he's going to be very special. I watched Andrew Wiggins play last night in Kentucky. Next year when he plays in college, he'll be the best player in college basketball the moment he sets foot on the court. He'll also be the first pick in the draft that year. He's the best prospect that I've seen in a long time.

Yep, I'm recording it as I write this. I'll probably watch it around 10 tonight. Looking forward to seeing him play his first college game. He's one of those that I did see play quite a bit in highschool. If he can improve his outside shot, which is not bad right now, he's going to be very special. I watched Andrew Wiggins play last night in Kentucky. Next year when he plays in college, he'll be the best player in college basketball the moment he sets foot on the court. He'll also be the first pick in the draft that year. He's the best prospect that I've seen in a long time.
So, Wiggins will be a college phenom the same time that Ender's Game will be coming out in theatres.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
So, Wiggins will be a college phenom the same time that Ender's Game will be coming out in theatres.
I'll take your word for the debut of Enders Game. But Wiggins will be a college phenom. There's not much the kid can't do! Looks like he might go to Kentucky, which already has the Harrison twins and James young signed with letters of intent. Thats three of the top six highschool players in the nation. If Wiggins signs, it'll be four of the top six. Its reported that Julius Randle, the 6'10" PF is also leaning toward Kentucky, and that would make five of the top six players all going to Kentucky. And the beat just keeps going on for Calipari and the Wildcats.

Shabazz would be a great fit for the Kings. I see him as a good match for not only the Kings but New Orleans, Washington and Orlando as well. All those teams could use huge upgrades at the SF spot.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Shabazz would be a great fit for the Kings. I see him as a good match for not only the Kings but New Orleans, Washington and Orlando as well. All those teams could use huge upgrades at the SF spot.
Could be! I need to see more of him at this level before deciding what I think of him. I've only seen him play twice so far this season. At the moment, I'm not sure of his position. I'd rather he be 6'7" or taller for the SF spot instead of 6'6", but we'll see. He's certainly an aggressive rebounder, and attacks the basket well. But so far I'm not all that impressed with his perimeter game. Lots of games left however.

I'll take your word for the debut of Enders Game. But Wiggins will be a college phenom. There's not much the kid can't do! Looks like he might go to Kentucky, which already has the Harrison twins and James young signed with letters of intent. Thats three of the top six highschool players in the nation. If Wiggins signs, it'll be four of the top six. Its reported that Julius Randle, the 6'10" PF is also leaning toward Kentucky, and that would make five of the top six players all going to Kentucky. And the beat just keeps going on for Calipari and the Wildcats.
where is the 6th one going?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
where is the 6th one going?
The sixth player would be the 2nd ranked player in the nation, Jabari Parker, a 6'9" SF. He's also been rumored to be interested in Kentucky, but I just don't see him committing to Kentucky if Wiggins does. I suspose you could play him at PF, but that wouldn't be to his strength. Parker is a hell of a basketball player, and was the number one player in the nation until Wiggins changed his scholistic ranking, moving up a year. So to answer you question, Parker hasn't commited as up yet. Believe it or not, Cal seems to be in the running for Parker. Cal has already landed another Jabari, as in Jabari Bird, the 20th ranked player in the nation. He's a 6'6" SG. It seems that Montgomery is working his magic again on the recruiting front.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Shabaz looks legit as a sg. Saw some of him last night against AZ. Has the outside game, good first step, can post up, very good athletically. I don't see him as a SF though. He's finally in good shape now and showing what he can do.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Parker has already committed to Duke.
Yep, but at the time of my other post, he wasn't! I just forgot to come back and update his committment. Since then, Kentucky also landed the 12th ranked highschool player in the nation, Dakari Johnson, a 6'10", 250 Lb. PF/C. The only big name left besides Randle is 7th ranked Aaron Gordon, a 6'9" PF, who is being compared to Blake Griffin. I don't like comparisons like that, but from what I've seen of him, he's a very explosive player.

Muhammed is such a smooth player, he scores effortlessly. But I can't warm that much to him. He's definitely going to be a good player, probably very good. But a superstar he is not. He could turn out to be a top 10 scorer in the NBA, but he doesn't do enough of anything else to be truly elite. He's actually like Harden without the passing ability, and not as creative/crafty. He also reminds me of Michael Redd. Which is fine, but I'm not taking that with the first pick in the draft. At this point, I prefer McLemore.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Muhammed is such a smooth player, he scores effortlessly. But I can't warm that much to him. He's definitely going to be a good player, probably very good. But a superstar he is not. He could turn out to be a top 10 scorer in the NBA, but he doesn't do enough of anything else to be truly elite. He's actually like Harden without the passing ability, and not as creative/crafty. He also reminds me of Michael Redd. Which is fine, but I'm not taking that with the first pick in the draft. At this point, I prefer McLemore.
Of course its way too early to decide how good a player will be in the future, but strangely enough, I've had a hard time warming up to Muhammad as well, and I don't know why. I agree that he will at worse, be a good player in the NBA. I can also see where he could be a star, if he can improve other parts of his game. The fact that he's shining in Howlands system, could mean that there are other parts being hidden by that system. He's certainly gotten better as the season has gone along. Part of that is that he's finally in shape, and the other part is just jelling with his teammates. However, at this moment in time, I too would take McLemore over Muhammad.