Ryan Anderson

Anderson is terrible and hasn't been the same since his injury/unfortunate personal matter. I would hate for the Kings to offer him the max. I would despise it actually. It would take minutes away from WCS. As Anderson is going to get more than Boogie's bench minutes. So we'd see a lot of Boogie at the 5, with Anderson at the 4. Ugh. Please don't do it Kings.

After the draft. Then rumors of Anderson. Then rumors of Dion Waiters. I'm almost having a heart-attack.

Anderson is terrible and hasn't been the same since his injury/unfortunate personal matter. I would hate for the Kings to offer him the max. I would despise it actually. It would take minutes away from WCS. As Anderson is going to get more than Boogie's bench minutes. So we'd see a lot of Boogie at the 5, with Anderson at the 4. Ugh. Please don't do it Kings.

After the draft. Then rumors of Anderson. Then rumors of Dion Waiters. I'm almost having a heart-attack.
The max? Where have you seen that report?

As far as I know, nobody has rumored that nor have I ever seen anyone on here post that they would be willing to give him the max.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
There really haven't been numbers thrown around relative to any Kings targets. I feel pretty good about that, because if someone was offered a ridiculous number, we'd have heard about it by now.

Is Ryan Anderson really that great of a shooter?

2015-16 Season
FG = .4273Pt = .366

Career
FG= .423 3Pt = .377

Boogie, who really just started to shoot 3s this season shot .333.

Ryan's shooting is decent for a big man, but it's not lights out by any means. No way should we pay big money for him.
That is the point. In my opinion Omri Casspi can fill the RA function when needed. Omri is a better shooter than RA. Even Quincy Acy shot the 3-pointer better than Ryan Anderson last year. So why spend a lot of money on RA when his only trade is shooting.

I'm not a big fan of overpaying for Anderson to come here but people need to realize that the SacBee article that Bruski is referencing is from June 30th and is nothing even close to "breaking news". When that article was posted free agency hadn't even begun and since that time supposedly Vlade and Peja made a trip down to L.A. to most likely meet with Ryan and his reps. We have heard nothing new since then so Bruski is just rehashing old speculation.

I liked the idea of getting the hometown kid to play for the Kings, however he just got 20M per year. Given his recent injury history and lack of defense, for that price --- no thanks!

Last edited: