Rookie Watch 2023-2024 Edition

Not a travel. Palm at the start, maybe. His hand was pretty low. That was just a crossover between the defenders legs.

I saw him do a 2 step euro step, on a break, starting at the 3pt line... dudes a freak hope he stays healthy. Litteral game changer, a la Shaq or Curry.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Not a travel. Palm at the start, maybe. His hand was pretty low. That was just a crossover between the defenders legs.

I saw him do a 2 step euro step, on a break, starting at the 3pt line... dudes a freak hope he stays healthy. Litteral game changer, a la Shaq or Curry.
It might have been a palm at the start but most NBA guys are getting away with calling that move a hesitation dribble nowadays. It depends on the official on the day if it gets called or not. By the letter of the law I think it's a palming violation. Rule of cool means it probably doesn't get called (except against the Lakers in the playoffs :cool:).

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Blazers on the surface would appear to be doing what the Kings did in Fox’s rookie year but the main difference would be that they’re actually using their random vets more than the Kings did that season and those vets are “better” than the Kings ones were, which leads to a game plan dominated by Brogdan, Jerami Grant, and Robert Williams in lieu of Scoot, Murray, and Rupert. Additionally Shaedon Sharpe is a bit of a ball hog.

also Joerger>>>>>>Billups as far as being a coach is concerned.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I know we’re all rightfully impressed by Wemby but O feel like Ausar Thompson would be the runaway early RoY front runner in any normal year. The dude is already playing like his “ceiling” Andre Iguodola and is just a ridiculous defender.

I know we’re all rightfully impressed by Wemby but O feel like Ausar Thompson would be the runaway early RoY front runner in any normal year. The dude is already playing like his “ceiling” Andre Iguodola and is just a ridiculous defender.
Ausar rules. They may run into some issues if he can't shoot later on with him and Duren, but the talent is just flat out awesome and so unique in in today's game. I hope they move Ivey for some elite shooting around Cade-Ausar-Duren

Forget the Pistons. Can't I fantasize about having Ausar on the Kings? Dude is a menace.

isn’t he supposed to be the lesser of the twins? Only picked one spot before him. Houston already has one of the best perimeter defenses in the league without Amen Thompson.
Could be interesting

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
isn’t he supposed to be the lesser of the twins? Only picked one spot before him. Houston already has one of the best perimeter defenses in the league without Amen Thompson.
Could be interesting
I have no confidence in that Pistons franchise not to screw this up, but Ausar is going to be the guy they keep building around when they do decide to rebuild again. An elite perimeter defender on the wing is even more of a unicorn pick than a unicorn big is at this point (since apparently unicorn bigs do grow on trees now).