Rally Downtown next Tuesday, 5-8pm. "Huge Surprise Appearance"

Thanks to everyone who made it out. What a special night for Kings fans. I know there's a lot of pain and frustration on both sides, but who cares. Tonight proved that when this city puts their mind to something, all agendas fall by the wayside.

Here's to the rally of all rallies: The New Arena.

Thanks to everyone who made it out. What a special night for Kings fans. I know there's a lot of pain and frustration on both sides, but who cares. Tonight proved that when this city puts their mind to something, all agendas fall by the wayside.

Here's to the rally of all rallies: The New Arena.
Dave, you are celebrity now! LOL I saw you signing autographs and stopping to take pictures! All of this probably wasn't what you signed up for, but you've stepped in and helped to bridge that gap that was developing between the Kings organization and the Kings fans. Thanks for helping give us fans a chance to be heard!

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I could have sword I heard him say something like "Our fans stepped up and let the NBA know that they can't take basketball out of Sacramento".... and if you ask me... BRILLIANT
While he was technically correct, he neglected to add the little fact that he was the one who wanted to move the team in the first place.

While he was technically correct, he neglected to add the little fact that he was the one who wanted to move the team in the first place.
Yes. But some around here would have preferred him to say: "We really wanted to leave but the NBA forced us to stay because they saw that we were sandbagging this market in order to move to a bigger market to boost the value of our team for a short term sale to bail out our other businesses. But I guess it's good to be back because deep down we really just want to be loved and we take the fans cheering here as a sign of personal adoration."

And gee how that would have helped build an arena.

It was great to see so many Sacramento Kings fans attend the Here We Rally event. It was a very proud moment for us all as we came together as a community to show our support and to celebrate that we won the battle to keep our team in town for another year. We're not done yet and there's still a lot of work left to be done to keep our team here for the future.

I will never ever forget this day. It was truly a memorable and special one especially for me.

Along with my friends from Here We Stay, Here We Build, Sac Town Royalty & Sac Deflated, we were recognized for our hard work in helping to get our voices heard, to stay positive, etc. to keep our team home. I am on the far left.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It was great to see so many Sacramento Kings fans attend the Here We Rally event. It was a very proud moment for us all as we came together as a community to show our support and to celebrate that we won the battle to keep our team in town for another year. We're not done yet and there's still a lot of work left to be done to keep our team here for the future.

I will never ever forget this day. It was truly a memorable and special one especially for me.

Along with my friends from Here We Stay, Here We Build, Sac Town Royalty & Sac Deflated, we were recognized for our hard work in helping to get our voices heard, to stay positive, etc. to keep our team home. I am on the far left.

Congrats on your recognition and thanks for all you've done.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yes. But some around here would have preferred him to say: "We really wanted to leave but the NBA forced us to stay because they saw that we were sandbagging this market in order to move to a bigger market to boost the value of our team for a short term sale to bail out our other businesses. But I guess it's good to be back because deep down we really just want to be loved and we take the fans cheering here as a sign of personal adoration."

And gee how that would have helped build an arena.
Some around here would have preferred him to just stay off the stage. But hey, that ego ain't gonna stroke itself.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

It was awesome to see you on stage, Mike! Thanks for your hard work through the whole process!

Well-earned recognition, Mike. You have worked so hard and thanks to your brother, Jesse, too.

It was a fantastic evening and the crowd was great. I loved the Webber video and love that KJ will represent us at the draft lottery this next Tuesday.

I am not going hold bad feelings toward the Maloofs. Maybe the excitement generated lately, plus the new arena we must build, will get them really excited again and make them glad they didn't move the team.

At any rate, they are the owners we have and we have no control over that. I wished they'd never put the fans through the last few months, but I'm ready to let go so we can all work together to keep our beloved Kings in Sac.

NOW AND FOREVER, GO SACRAMENTO KINGS!

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it looks like Don Geronimo almost caused Tesla to drop out of the Rally at the last minute.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011...t-kings-rally-after-run-in-with-don-geronimo/
Don Geronimo is a snide ***.

I hate people who claim they can say anything about someone over the air and just use the excuse "It's comedy". That's very low quality comedy. That's about as intelligent of comedy as you hear in the third grade lunchroom. That's like the TMZ of radio comedy. Tesla was coming out, probably for free. That's not how you treat a guest. I don't care if it was "funny". Yeah maybe if he's your buddy and you are sitting around drinking you can make fun of each other like that... but not on broadcast radio. Cheap.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Don Geronimo is a snide ***.

I hate people who claim they can say anything about someone over the air and just use the excuse "It's comedy". That's very low quality comedy. That's about as intelligent of comedy as you hear in the third grade lunchroom. That's like the TMZ of radio comedy. Tesla was coming out, probably for free. That's not how you treat a guest. I don't care if it was "funny". Yeah maybe if he's your buddy and you are sitting around drinking you can make fun of each other like that... but not on broadcast radio. Cheap.
To be fair, the dude did look like Garth

Big deal, Tesla does a good job playing we're rockstars so we'll do whatever we like. He or someone on the radio said party on garth about the member wearing a blackhawks jersey so someone twittered that to him and he got pissy. Not sure how that's offending. So they demanded that he have no part of the rally so he left. He wasn't going to ruin it for thousands so he left. He was the bigger man. It was something that should of been nothing. Dude throws his own cell at him too lol

I'm not a fan of Don Geronimo at all, but from that recording Tesla acted like a stuck-up ***hole. If someone saying that you look like Garth from Wayne's World causes you to throw a hissy fit, then you really need to learn how to be able to take a joke in stride.