Questions for PDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is Tuesday. What I think I'll do is let everybody post their questions now. Then in a couple of days - since I don't have a life anyway - I'll winnow out all the relevant questions that have received the most votes and start a finals thread. I don't know for sure. This was all pretty unexpected.

One thing I do know. We all owe Grant a big thank you. If he hadn't flat gone off today on his show, I sincerely doubt if any of this would have come to pass.

Now, back to the questions...

:)

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Why has there been no open conversation with the best fans in the NBA about the turmoil they are seeing in the team and how was this acceptable to the front office? Boogie is frustrated, the team doesn't know what is going on (Malone firing, Corbin signing, etc.), and the fans are in the dark. No firm direction the team is taking or realistic steps to get there have been provided. Vague comments on "style" mean nothing if the old style was winning more than the new one!

Warhawk

Staff member
How did the front office expect the team and fans to react when a popular coach is fired and no plan forward is given? Malone was supported by Boogie 100% and they were clicking. The team was winning before Boogie got sick, and then the coach gets canned right before Boogie gets healthy. The team has no idea why the coach they fought for has been released and the fans are fed a generic line about "style of play" when the team had a winning record with Boogie playing and the hardest schedule in the league. It was the team's best start in almost a decade!

Why are we moving to a "style" of play that does not fit our star personnel?

Why wasn't the team informed about the coaching changes or the signing of Corbin for the rest of the year?

Why has there been no open conversation with the best fans in the NBA about the turmoil they are seeing in the team? Boogie is frustrated, the team doesn't know what is going on, and the fans are in the dark. How is this acceptable to the front office? Was the fan and team reaction not anticipated?

WHAT IS THE PLAN FORWARD?
excellent post. These are great questions. It is important to not make the questions sound too condescending in order to get better responses. Also, we need to make sure the questions are not vague and elicit more than simple yes or no responses

Warhawk

Staff member
WHAT IS THE PLAN FORWARD, BOTH COACHING AND PLAYERS? Corbin is not the answer, we all know this (or at least we all should!). Boogie isn't best suited for a running game. The public statements and the parts we have don't fit together, so we need clarification on what this means for Boogie as a King and what we should expect to see as far as a permanent coaching hire.

Warhawk

Staff member
Wasn't it obvious that if you fire the coach that was getting the team to play hard on both ends of the floor that the commitment of the team and cohesiveness would be in serious jeopardy? It's not that we (fans) don't care about style, it's that a strong defense is required to win anything in the NBA, especially in the post-season. Malone had the team playing good defense and winning with a style that fit our personnel. If you had an Adleman or Karl or other proven winner as a replacement it makes sense to a degree (the decision, not the timing), but to just promote an assistant coach with a lifetime losing record and no history of playing the "style" you appear to be wanting is baffling.

Warhawk

Staff member
Question:

How can you re-assure the fans that the current product on the floor is worth watching? It's not fun to watch them anymore.
Not to be picky, but you answered it. It isn't fun to watch them, and no re-assurance from the FO makes them fun to watch in their current state. I think the better question would be "What steps are you taking to make this team fun to watch again, because since Malone's firing they haven't been playing well." Or similar? Does that make sense?

Not to be picky, but you answered it. It isn't fun to watch them, and no re-assurance from the FO makes them fun to watch in their current state. I think the better question would be "What steps are you taking to make this team fun to watch again, because since Malone's firing they haven't been playing well." Or similar? Does that make sense?
Your follow up is a lot better than mine.

We should go with that

:)

You said that even if Coach Malone went 16-9, he would've been fired because his coaching style didn't fit your guys' vision of Kings basketball. Why is style being put on such a high pedestal as opposed to winning ball games? What specific factors are guiding this decision?
this one deserves to be in the top 10 sent to Dave

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
In a short time we've seen attempts to lure Andre Igoudala, Rajon Rondo, and Josh Smith get rebuffed. No one wins in this league without star players yet Sacramento has never been a desirable destination for free agents. Do you see this changing? What's your pitch to future free agents why they should come to Sacramento?

When you are doing these incredibly stupid, asinine things...do you think to yourself "these are incredibly stupid, asinine things" or do you really think "you know, I think everyone loves a FO that alienates it's teams franchise player who has a history of being emotional and while we are at it lets completely alienate its very loyal fan base"? ...and in retrospect do you still think these are/were good ideas or do you now realize they are incredibly stupid and asinine? And if so what is your clear plan moving forward for this franchise and to rectify the cluster F that you, your in over his head too smart for his own good owner and your former GSW front office failure/future HC failure created?
Thank you for your time and for your part in torpedoing this once promising season.

1. Why exactly did the Kings go away from a style of play that gave them the distinct advantages of Rebounding and Free Throw Attempts? This is where the Kings were truly dominant during their good run.

2. How do you hold players accountable when it appears that some may not be giving 100% effort?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Seeing how this team struggled to win games when Demarcus Cousins was unable to play, and how they still struggle to hold leads while he's on the bench, is there a sense of urgency in the front office about finding a capable backup center? Are there specific players you've been targeting?

Have you given up on this season? It sure seems like it after firing Malone and not having a replacement ready to go.

Why didn't you know Chris Mullin was not interested in coaching this season prior to firing Mike Malone?

Status
Not open for further replies.