Props to the Clippers

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
They win their first Pacific Division and they do it in Staples against the Lakers. Sometimes it's pretty obvious the universe has a sense of the absurd.

:p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Only took 'em 40 years. ;)
Sour grapes much, hoopsie? ;) Everybody has to start somewhere. Sterling finally opened his wallet and good things have started to happen for the Clippers. I'm happy for their fans, who have had to suffer a lot of indignities from a large number of Laker fans. (And you know I don't mean you or some of the others who have posted here...)

Ack. Good to see the Lakers put deeper into a hole, and it's no doubt a liberating feeling for the Clips fans. But there's a reason I never rooted for them: couldn't support a team with a scumbag for an owner. We get on the Maloofs and deservedly so, but Sterling is at a whole other level (and Loria of the Marlins is getting up there too; for me it's a tough call between him and the Maloofs for second-worst owners). I'd never want to see footage or a picture of Sterling hoisting the O'Brien. His ownership overrules everything else about that organization to me.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Long-term I think Clippers fans should be a little concerned at least until Paul signs a new contract. They've got a lot of late-career veterans on that team and they've probably under-performed a bit overall this season to find themselves teetering on the brink of an opening round playoff series on the road. But they took care of business tonight! Sweeping all four games at Staples this season is big. Playing spoiler to the Lakers' chances of even making the playoffs is bigger. The thought of that lot of crybabies pointing fingers in the locker room as their season ends on April 17th almost brings a tear to my eye. Tell me I'm not a horrible person.

Sour grapes much, hoopsie? ;) Everybody has to start somewhere. Sterling finally opened his wallet and good things have started to happen for the Clippers. I'm happy for their fans, who have had to suffer a lot of indignities from a large number of Laker fans. (And you know I don't mean you or some of the others who have posted here...)
Nope, no sour grapes from me. Just stating the facts. They'll go back to being the Clippers soon enough. ;)

Last edited:
Hard to feel any joy for a team with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin.

Ugh.

Rather them than the lakers though, but i hope they crash and burn in the playoffs.

They don't have any young talent outside of Griffin, Jordan, and Bledsoe. Unless they trade out for a fair few of future picks, then they crash and burn in a couple years. As we've seen for a few seasons, Blake Griffin alone isn't enough to carry a team. Sure, they have Chris Paul, but even if he stays (which I'm beginning to doubt) they don't reach the 50 win summit for several years.