Preseason Games on TV

Does anyone know whether the preseason games will be broadcasted on CSN CALIFORNIA? I know 3 of the games will be on NBA TV, but if you know anything please post.

Last edited:
I went forward on my Comcast guide to 10/7 and it looks like the game at GSW will be on NBATV. CSN-CA has a block from 7-11pm that day that is currently "TBA".

Grant Napear stated on his radio show that there would be no televised pre-season games. I was not aware of the GSW game being listed on NBATV though so he might be wrong on that one....Lets hope for the best!

Yeh from what i know 3 games are being broadcasted on NBATV: @ Warriors,@Lakers and @Clippers. I know the Clippers game at Sleep Train Arena will also be broadcasted on Clippers TV which is FSN Prime Ticket. Hopefully Vivek thinks NBA 3.0 and broadcasts the preseason as well(maybe webcasts on Kings.com). All we can do is hope for the best. 3 MORE DAYS!!!

Well at home I have Surewest TV I could not find any listings for the game under Comcast sportsnet -bay area
But I looked up the listings thru sacbee.com and it showed the game under surewest channel 34 FSN which is FoxSportsNet ?

Surewest has always carried the local CSN games , but I have had problems finding the pre-season games in prior years

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Well at home I have Surewest TV I could not find any listings for the game under Comcast sportsnet -bay area
But I looked up the listings thru sacbee.com and it showed the game under surewest channel 34 FSN which is FoxSportsNet ?

Surewest has always carried the local CSN games , but I have had problems finding the pre-season games in prior years
CSN-CA (the Kings' regular season station) is not broadcasting any preseason games. They have not broadcast preseason games at all for several years now, which is probably why you were having trouble finding them. I believe that CSN-BA is broadcasting the Warriors feed, but in Sacramento all Warriors games on CSN-BA get blacked out because we are in Kings territory. However, NBATV is carrying the game, and that is not blacked out. To the best of my ability to tell, the only way to watch the game in the Sacramento market is on NBATV, but I could be wrong.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The best bet is to check both NBA-TV and CSN-BA. NBA-TV has the game blocked out for me because of "local coverage" which turns out to be CSN-BA. If you live outside Sacramento, this could be the situation in your case too.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
hmm, i wasn't sure that CSN-BA works in this area, i guess we will see
That's why everyone needs to try for themselves. The blackout rules and areas covered are bizarre, to say the least. Some people will be able to get the NBA-TV coverage and some will get the CSN-BA broadcast. There is really no steadfast rule to who gets what, as I've learned over the years. Worst case scenario is that both broadcasts will be blacked out for a small group of people who live in areas whose broadcast borders overlap. One good thing, though, is that the rebroadcast of the game on NBA-TV is not blacked out (only live games come under the blackout rule). That broadcast is set for 2:30 a.m. (PDT) so either have a pot of coffee ready or set your DVR if everything else fails. :)

Maybe I can have a reunion with GaryGerould tonight. Also could get whoever is doing the Warriors on 680 radio. I don't think there are any other alternatives in the heart of Sacramento.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Down here on Direct TV ch-696 shows Lakers-Kings at 7 tonight. Guess we'll see. In San Diego paper it also said Laker-Kings on NBA TV??

Does anyone know if the Kings VS. Clippers will be available on TV? I saw the guide and it says it's available on 561 league pass on Dish Network although league pass is usually blacked out if you are in Kings territory. Please give information if you know anything about TV channel locations for tomorrows Kings VS. Clippers game @ Sleep Train Arena.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Does anyone know if the Kings VS. Clippers will be available on TV? I saw the guide and it says it's available on 561 league pass on Dish Network although league pass is usually blacked out if you are in Kings territory. Please give information if you know anything about TV channel locations for tomorrows Kings VS. Clippers game @ Sleep Train Arena.
Down here in the Fresno Area TM (450) has it listed.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Acording to my program guide, NBA League Pass is on a FREE PREVIEW! Since the game isn't being broadcast locally, we all SHOULD be able to pick it up. Fingers crossed. :)

Acording to my program guide, NBA League Pass is on a FREE PREVIEW! Since the game isn't being broadcast locally, we all SHOULD be able to pick it up. Fingers crossed. :)
Which provider do you have? I can't seem to find any indication of this on Directv...we do have NHL Center Ice for free for a week though...