Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
With the Sixers suddenly having a glut of backup bigs, I wonder if we could trade a second for Filip Petrusev, who I assume was coerced into coming over from Europe to play for their summer league team under the promise of having a chance at the backup center slot but is now probably fourth or fifth of their depth chart.

McGee is owed $5,734,280 for 2023-24 and has a $6,007,341 player option in 2024-25... and he is washed. Not sure if it would be wise to take that on after giving up a 1st round pick to move Richaun Holmes...
If he is "released" he would be bought out ,waived, or stretched. Then at a vet min tjat doesn't count against the cap is when it should be considered.

Honestly if we are still looking for another big to back up sabonis, why don't we see if Dwight Howard would bite at that $6M in cap. We have left and bid farewell to Quetta. Then sign ford to our 3rd 2 way and we are set with the roster.

Fox/Mitchell/Ford
Huerter/Monk/Duarte/Ellis
Barnes/Edwards/Jones/Duarte
Murray/Sasha/Lyles/Barnes
Sabonis/Lyles/Dwight/Len

With the Sixers suddenly having a glut of backup bigs, I wonder if we could trade a second for Filip Petrusev, who I assume was coerced into coming over from Europe to play for their summer league team under the promise of having a chance at the backup center slot but is now probably fourth or fifth of their depth chart.
PREACH Tetsujin!! Me and you have been the official co-pilots of the train.

I still like Christian wood. Good backup center and is an offensive weapon that can spread the floor. You won’t find a better offensive replacement in case of injury
It would seem Christian Wood will look for basically a 1year deal where he's got as much opportunity as possible to to showcase for a raise next summer...

So it'd seem unlikely the Kings are that spot.. but I'm with ya and all for it..

at that price, we could never hope to sign someone else remotely as talented... n he blocks shots n shoots 3's n grabs oboards n hes long n runs, so I like it too.

It would seem Christian Wood will look for basically a 1year deal where he's got as much opportunity as possible to to showcase for a raise next summer...

So it'd seem unlikely the Kings are that spot.. but I'm with ya and all for it..

at that price, we could never hope to sign someone else remotely as talented... n he blocks shots n shoots 3's n grabs oboards n hes long n runs, so I like it too.
So spotrac shows us with 0 cap space but we have the room exception of 7 mil avail to use maybe it was not used on Sasha?

longtime fan of Michael DeVoe.. He's tearing it up in Summer League for the Blazers... This kid has always been a clutch 3pt shooter.. 6'4 he's got some combo skills though he's primarily a shooter/scorer.. would be our 4th lefty..

I feel as if we can do a whole lot worse than him for a minimum guard.. He's someone who's been taking (and making) tons of 3's for quite some time now, he's sorta got a little bit of Buddy Buckets Hield to his game..

He's 9 months older than Keegan. Turns 24 in December.

Last edited:
I don't understand what the 76ers are doing they have like half the roster at the PF/C spot and Nick Nurse keeps saying that Petrusev will be on the roster currently they have Emibid/Bamba/Reed/Harrell/Petrusev at the C spot with Harris/Tucker/Reed ( can he play PF?). Unless they are planning to move Harris to another team or play super big with Tucker at the SF with Harris and play double big line ups which is suicide in todays NBA this is some awful roster construction.

We do not need anyone else IMO.. We have probably 8 starter quality players and 10 total players that should be getting 25+ minutes a game.

Sabonis, Fox, Monk, Hueter, Murray, Barnes, Lyles, Duarte, Mitchell, Sasha,

I don't understand what the 76ers are doing they have like half the roster at the PF/C spot and Nick Nurse keeps saying that Petrusev will be on the roster currently they have Emibid/Bamba/Reed/Harrell/Petrusev at the C spot with Harris/Tucker/Reed ( can he play PF?). Unless they are planning to move Harris to another team or play super big with Tucker at the SF with Harris and play double big line ups which is suicide in todays NBA this is some awful roster construction.
They reportedly turned down a few offers for Harris around the draft, so seems they arent planning to move him.

But yeah Paul Reed is much more of a forward than a C, even though he's 6'9" he's plenty capable facing up from the perimeter and getting down in a stance.

Bamba and Harrell are cheap, they are more like insurance rather than core roster peices. Petrusev is really the only proper PF/C in the bunch so he might actually fit.

They reportedly turned down a few offers for Harris around the draft, so seems they arent planning to move him.

But yeah Paul Reed is much more of a forward than a C, even though he's 6'9" he's plenty capable facing up from the perimeter and getting down in a stance.

Bamba and Harrell are cheap, they are more like insurance rather than core roster peices. Petrusev is really the only proper PF/C in the bunch so he might actually fit.
He just signed some rubbish contract by the looks of it a partial guaranteed for 1 year and a team option for the 2nd I would say it's probably 1 step up from a 2 way I'm personally expecting him to be cut sometime this season and maybe get a shot on another team I'm not seeing the fit unless Bamba goes down with a long term injury. I was really hoping he would get picked up by someone not Phily and they would renounce his rights.

The other option is that Philly might trade Embiid and Harden and go full rebuild so they are just signing a few cheap deals......

Last edited:
So what is the roster spots situation? We still need a 3rd string PG right? sorta?

Saw a rumor that teams are waiting for OKC to make cuts, apparently they have too many good players after the trades...

N so I was thinking "Could they cut TyTy Washington??? with the draft pick of Cason Wallace and the addition of Micic.. Can the Kings sign Washington as the 3rd stringer?"

Though Washington is a guy whos sorta a poormans version of Fox, he's best driving the ball and quite shaky off the catch and shoot.. I wonder if a dead eye shooter like Michael Devoe who had a great summer league would be a better fit, but it seems we have quite a bit of 3pt shooting already..

Last edited:
I know everyone is bigtime Keon Ellis fans around here but I think its fair to ask if he's a bit more redundant with our roster now that we have Duarte. My read on that situation is it greatly lessens the need to promote Ellis to the big team, he's really a SG we're trying to convert into a combo guard as well so high reps in Stockton is good for his development.