Poll revisited: How many wins?

How many wins in 2015-2016 season?

• Total voters
K

KingMilz

If we are healthy it 100% depends on how good DMC/Gay actually are in terms of winning games. I don't know how many wins we will get but we are 100% out of excuses at this point if they can't lead this team to a decent w/l % one of them or both have to go.

If we are healthy it 100% depends on how good DMC/Gay actually are in terms of winning games. I don't know how many wins we will get but we are 100% out of excuses at this point if they can't lead this team to a decent w/l % one of them or both have to go.
No. This whole thing about getting rid of our best players (whose contracts are huge bargains) because they dont have the ability to win is....bleh. There are many different factors to be accounted for and for which blame can be assigned to instead of the center that gives you 24&12 and the other guy who is top 5-6 at his position. If a correction does need to be made it wont and shouldnt involve Cousins or Gay.

I was going to go with 46-50, but decided to choose 51-55. Many of us feel that Cousins is a budding superstar, and he has been handed the best roster since joining the NBA. If he is truly a superstar, then he should be able to take this roster to more than 50 wins.

I was going to go with 46-50, but decided to choose 51-55. Many of us feel that Cousins is a budding superstar, and he has been handed the best roster since joining the NBA. If he is truly a superstar, then he should be able to take this roster to more than 50 wins.
My only main question I have with Demarcus is could he stay healthy!

To be honest, I think this revamped King's roster could still win a lot of games even without DMC.
The difference though if Cuz is in the game is that we would "dominate" a lot teams and win.

In short, I'll if same scenario happen like last year season when DMC was sick for a long period, we're still gonna be a close 8th seed.
If DMC gets to play 90% of our games, then it's more like 3-6 spot is the West.

Too much optimism? No! Not this time. Good things are about to come to this team.

To be honest, I think this revamped King's roster could still win a lot of games even without DMC.
The difference though if Cuz is in the game is that we would "dominate" a lot teams and win.

In short, I'll if same scenario happen like last year season when DMC was sick for a long period, we're still gonna be a close 8th seed.
If DMC gets to play 90% of our games, then it's more like 3-6 spot is the West.

Too much optimism? No! Not this time. Good things are about to come to this team.
Unless rondo turns into prime rondo there's no way we are getting a top 6 seed. Even than we probably dive get it.

This keys for me are that this team is:
1)Versatile (and deep). It can go big, it can go small, it can go everything inbetween. We're not talented and well constructed enough to force most teams to play our preferred way*, but we can matchup with pretty much anybody while having a good lineup out there. I mean, I remember times when out "go small" move was Travis Outlaw at the 4.
2)(Potentially) well coached. In his last Denver stint Karl crafted a top 5 offense with a team with minimal (by today's standards) amounts of shooting. Defense was good too, and one could argue that we have superior defensive personnel. It has to be seen whether Karl can replicate that kind of success at a slower pace.

Rondo has of course to be reasonably close to Celtics Rondo (i.e. gets to the line at a decent rate and hits his free throws), but this team has the talent and the depth to reach 50 wins. As a board, we were convinced that Cousins alone with less defense, less shooting and less playmaking to surround him was good enough to sustain .500 ball before the FO threw it all in a dump. The potential for disaster is there as always, since two major unknowns (Rondo and Karl) have to break right, but the ceiling is way higher than it's been in the last decade and some.

* Which is still a mistery at this point. It will either be extremely big (Gay-Cousins-Koufos) or extremely small (McLemore/Belinelli-Gay-Cousins).

I think Vlade has done a fantastic job. I think we can not give him enough credit. He has been able to bring players who can play to the Kings organization that was being heralded as the laughingstock of the league. He has plugged the holes that needed plugging and has bailed the water out of the bilge. Hopefully smooth sailing from here. 41-45

Both the starting unit and the bench have been improved, and we have jettisoned the deadweight from the roster. Say what you will but Vlade has made the right choices, avoided the pitfalls of bad contracts that hamstrung the team, and in general has been a good general manager. And it is obvious his charisma has drawn free agents to this team. Kufos and Belinelli would not have signed here without the VLADFATHER...

Oh and so far WCS is AS ADVERTISED. Surprised at how effective he is at the offensive end. He will bring much needed post defense.

Last edited: