Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pacers in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Gotta go with the Pacers. They've shown so much grit and determination. And the day after the Kings last game, I became an honorary Pacers fan for the remainder of the year.

I'm rooting for Pacers here but I think Heat prevail - but harder than last years 4-2 semi-final. Make this one hard fought 7 games and on to possible NBA championship repeat for Miami. Heat secret weapon this time: The Birdman, The Birdman, hahaha... no seriously!:)

If Hibbert is allowed to defend like he was against NY without the calls, the Pacers front court will completely overshadow what LeBron and Wade can do out on the perimeter. One huge worry for us is Chris Bosh and his outside shooting drawing Hibbert away from protecting the rim, but the other side of that coin is that no one on the Miami front line likes physical play! Hibbert & West could end up having their way inside. If rebounding is overwhelmingly in our favor and the "stripes" continue to let our big play physical I'm gonna also go with my heart and say Pacers in 6... (what kind of fan would I be if I didn't).

well, as much as I love the Pacers and want them to succeed, they do not have a viable bench and are pretty turnover prone, which means death against a team like the Heat. if George Hill and Roy Hibbert manage to stay out of foul trouble, if the Pacers can dominate the glass and the inside, if they can continue hitting their threes and if Wade's health proves to be iffy they might have a shot. that's just way too many ifs, though. I'm guessing Heat in five.

Almost got that first one in Miami with a ton of turnovers, LeBron going off for a triple double & Vogel with a couple questionable coaching decisions. This will be a competitive series despite what the nat'l media has to say!

Almost got that first one in Miami with a ton of turnovers, LeBron going off for a triple double & Vogel with a couple questionable coaching decisions. This will be a competitive series despite what the nat'l media has to say!
seriously!! what was that all about with vogel taking hibbert off the court during key defensive moments?!

Great win tonight! I can't believe the poise that our guys had because during that stretch where the officials were getting whistle happy... I thought the game was lost!
Sunday is gonna be so crazy here in Indy with the 500 in the morning and the game later that night. Best of all... I got tickets, baby!

Great win tonight! I can't believe the poise that our guys had because during that stretch where the officials were getting whistle happy... I thought the game was lost!
Sunday is gonna be so crazy here in Indy with the 500 in the morning and the game later that night. Best of all... I got tickets, baby!
I hope all you Pacer fans blow the roof off the building and in turn help blow the series open 3-1. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I only got to see the second half, but I was really impressed with Paul George. Talk about a warrior coming of age at the right time.

wow. what a game! the first one was already ten kinds of awesome, but this one was just out of this world. the poise the Pacers are demonstrating is insane, they never get intimidated by a Heat run, they always have an answer and they follow their gameplan to perfection. it's a credit to their players and to their coaching staff, which -weird Hibbert subs in game 1 aside- is doing an incredible job. I still think the Heat are going to win this, they need to feature LeBron more in the post, which could get their three point shooters (who've been terrible so far) more daylight and get them on a roll. the Heat just seem to have more untapped potential, while the Pacers have been playing near perfect ball, with the exception of Lance Stephenson in the fourth quarter (what the hell was that?).

They should have at least called a personal foul on that one. The officiating for the game was just weird... it was like the refs were alternating between giving Miami and Indiana all the calls for 5 minutes at a time. Still, I'm very happy that the Pacers won. Pacers-Spurs final, make it happen!

That my friend was how a player with concussion plays like. An elbow to the head can do that you know.
yeah, no, pretty sure that was just Lance Stephenson being Lance Stephenson. IIRC, there was a lot of boneheadedness on Stephenson's part predating that Wade elbow as well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Paul George. Superstar in the making?
I think so. He's getting the best experience in the world by facing LBJ right now. If the Pacers do get past the Heat, I can see him giving fits to the Spurs (or Grizzlies). I love his attitude.

GO PACERS!

That is beyond disgusting. I hope the Pacers sent a copy of that to the league.
Something tells me nothing is going to come from this.

The league does not like to suspend superstars in the playoffs. Heck, they would rather suspend Stephenson for blocking him...

Doesn't look like they are going to do anything to Wade.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade will not be suspended for elbowing Indiana Pacers guard Lance Stephenson in the head during Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals.

The NBA assessed Wade with a flagrant foul but did not hand down any other penalties, meaning the All-Star guard will be available for Game 3 on Sunday night

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9313376/2013-nba-playoffs-dwyane-wade-suspended-elbowing-lance-stephenson-eastern-conference-finals-game-2