Play-in Round 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
They pretty much had a layup/dunk there. In an elimination game... take the 2 points. But I also understand why they took the three. It looked like a good shot in the air.
I get it too and both these teams are awful so who knows the calculus, I still like forcing the Lakers to prove it at the line and then putting your 3 point lineup in with a shot to win or tie. Both of these teams can barely get a ball in bounds so LOL good luck. all the play in does is insure they both get swept most likely.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I don't see the Lakers getting to game 5 against Memphis without a lot of generous ref cooking.
Agreed. And also.... better them (Memphis) than us! I don't think I could take losing to these smug as hell Lakers in a whistle-fest while their fans go crazy after the death and re-birth we've already had to endure just to get back here.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I’m tired of hearing about this genius GMing by Rob Pelinka. Lakers were bailed out by Ainge and who knows why?! If Lakers were stuck with Westbrook instead of getting JV, Beasley and DLo, their season is already over.
yeah someone had to do something to grease those wheels. It knocked Utah out of play-in positioning, maybe they wanted that though since it is hurting Minnesota now too and they could wind up with two lotto picks. Interesting move.

I’m tired of hearing about this genius GMing by Rob Pelinka. Lakers were bailed out by Ainge and who knows why?! If Lakers were stuck with Westbrook instead of getting JV, Beasley and DLo, their season is already over.
Also, if Ant doesn't have his worst game as a pro and shoot 3-17
Also, if Rudy Gobert doesn't go crazy and punch Kyle Anderson
Also, if Jaden McDaniels doesn't punch a wall breaking his hand.

The Lakers could not get any more breaks and they still almost blew it. Wish Adams was able to play this playoffs, but I don't see how the Lakers hang with MEM at all, especially without HCA.

I don't see the Lakers getting to game 5 against Memphis without a lot of generous ref cooking.
The NBA world acting like this wasn't what was happening during their post ASB.

Stupid play, chokes, near chokes, ref home cooking, and subpar opponents.

Against Memphis that's not gonna work. Plus the added caveat of the league's most marketed team against the player the NBA wants to be the next face of the NBA. The ref shenanigans might be more muted than we think.

The NBA world acting like this wasn't what was happening during their post ASB.

Stupid play, chokes, near chokes, ref home cooking, and subpar opponents.

Against Memphis that's not gonna work. Plus the added caveat of the league's most marketed team against the player the NBA wants to be the next face of the NBA. The ref shenanigans might be more muted than we think.
It was a "mad dash" to finish out the season!

Yeah no. It was the NBA (including the favor from Ainge) trying to get the Laker to the post season by any means necessary. Clear as day as it was happening. That one free throw chart alone is irrefutable evidence.

Last edited:
Both teams ran out of gas at the end and big collapse by the Wolves. I do wish we had the rim protection the Lakers do. AD, James and JV were really great at the rim.

bad offense in the game but still pretty drama filled and fun.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kyle Anderson remains one of my favorite players. Wanted him 4 years ago after his first contract and the dude just continues to chug along as one of the best role players in basketball. That's the archetype the Kings really need to go find.
Well, he's probably going to be available in the offseason, so...

I know the TNT guys are legends but I just don’t enjoy watching them and their analysis is lazy. I get they are more on the entertainment side, I guess I’m more on the basketball junkie/ nerd side.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I know the TNT guys are legends but I just don’t enjoy watching them and their analysis is lazy. I get they are more on the entertainment side, I guess I’m more on the basketball junkie/ nerd side.
You're not wrong! It's like that in every sport I think. You obviously want to be in the playoffs but the trade-off of watching your team play in the post-season is that jarring realization that you now have to endure a national TV crew every game who probably won't know half the guys on the roster and in most cases are even proud of their ignorance because it proves that they're big-time or something.

I learned two things from this game.

1. The Lakers aren't very good.

2. The Timberwolves are in fact even worse.

The Lakers did get some help from the refs this game - but honestly they didn't need it. When you score 7 points in the final 12 minutes of basketball - frankly you have no business being in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.