Play-in games discussion

I really don’t even wanna think about that team eliminating us on our home floor in back to back seasons.
I’ve already accepted it!
Same here. No way the Kings win two in a row with how they've been playing and with injuries. Let's just look forward to the draft. If anything at least monte isn't that bad at drafting, so maybe there's something to salvage off this unsuccessful season.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I'm still rooting for this team until the season is over. One game at a time. And the next one at least is still at the Golden 1 Center. The draft is the draft -- there will be time to worry about that if if our season ultimately ends in the play-in portion of the post season.

The Pels have to be kicking themselves right now (I’d be willing to help kick) Not only do they have to play-in but if they win their first game they have to play the Nuggets who have the perfect guy to slow Zion.

I think we all know how this is all gonna play out…
Lakers beat the Pelicans to take the 7 seed
Warriors beat us and the Pels back to back to claim the 8 and the NBA breathes a sigh of relief as Durant, LeBron and Curry are all in playoff series. I’ll be shocked if it plays out any other way.
I would say this is the most likely outcome, but if the Lakers beat the Pels and the Kings somehow beat the Warriors at home, I think there is a chance we beat the Pels to make the playoffs.

It's extremely hard for any team to sweep a season series from a comparable/equivalent good team (record wise). Since the Kings are 0-5 against the Pels, I think the Kings have a chance to steal one from the Pels and make it in the playoffs. Somethings got to give.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yes, over the Lakers.

At least I know the Pelicans kick our ass on the floor. I know the Lakers will get a huge officiating advantage if we play them
Counterpoint: the Kings are 8-1 in their last nine versus the lakers, even with the refs in their pocket.

That being said, they are 1-1 in the games they played without Monk.

We are facing 2 elimination games against 2 different teams. Home and road. What are our chances? I'll give 40+% for Kings to claim LAST play-off spot in the West. Why? Warriors had too many battles. Second game? Bleep the Lakers, only Adam Silver can save them. Pels? Pels have the best road record in the whole NBA, 28-14. Maybe that hurricane left some bad boo-boo in their arena, who knows? Second point against the Pels: I just had enough of them this season. Plus - Zion, Ingram are never 100% healthy. Ohhhhh, McCollum... He is a problem. For sure.

Counterpoint: the Kings are 8-1 in their last nine versus the lakers, even with the refs in their pocket.

That being said, they are 1-1 in the games they played without Monk.
Even though we were 0-5 vs the Pels this year, I like our chances better against the Pels team than the Lakers, if the Kings were to get past the Warriors.

I don't like our chances in a do or die game against the Lakers (playing 5 vs 8) with a playoff berth on the line.

Last edited: