Peja needs to go

Damn... Lamar Odom is exactly what we need in a player at the 3 spot. He's quick enough to play there too. Too bad he's a Laker. Petrie might have a cool enough head to think this one through but I just get the urge to do dry heaves at the thought of dealing with the Lakers.

Also, objectively, like people say... you have to consider what that will do for the Lakers. Peja might suddenly turn it up if he reunites with Vlade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted this over in the off-topic forum regarding Peja/Odom. And I know how much everybody hates RealGM and how ready we are for the deadline to pass :)

L.A. Lakers trades: PF Lamar Odom (15.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 3.5 apg in 36.4 minutes) SF Luke Walton (2.5 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 11.0 minutes) L.A. Lakers receives: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes) PG Bobby Jackson (11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes) Change in team outlook: +13.4 ppg, -4.9 rpg, and -0.4 apg.
Sacramento trades: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes) PG Bobby Jackson (11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes) Sacramento receives: PF Lamar Odom (15.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 3.5 apg in 36.4 minutes) PG Marcus Banks (4.9 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 13.9 minutes) Change in team outlook: -11.0 ppg, +4.2 rpg, and +1.0 apg.
Boston trades: PG Marcus Banks (4.9 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 13.9 minutes) Boston receives: SF Luke Walton (2.5 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 11.0 minutes) Change in team outlook: -2.4 ppg, +0.7 rpg, and -0.6 apg.
TRADE ACCEPTED

Why Kings do it: Lamar Odom's skill are well known--penetator (which is great in playoff), great passer, defender, can play positions 2-4. Also tied up long-term. I honestly think he would thrive in a passing offense like the Kings. Banks is a throw in to make things work, and to help shore up the bench. Banks is a great PG defender, but not a great PG. However, the King's offense isn't based off a PG, they just have to bring the ball up and dump into the big man. Can be a good spot up shooter. Could be brought in to be a doberman point to spell mike bibby. Would give the Kings an outstanding starting five if mobley is resigned.
Why Kings don't do it: Marcus Banks is a throw in to balance out the bench, but he's still unproven. Petrie loves Peja, so hard to say there. Also disrupts a lot of things going for the kings. Breaks the golden rule for GMs (trading within conference), especially a bigger trade like this.

Why Lakers do it: Gets in a player who can score off the ball, and allow kobe to be a scorer. Obviously Vlade would help a lot out with getting Peja up to speed. Also gets them bobby jax, who we all know about. Settle their PG problems
Why Lakers don't do it: Leave MAJOR hole at PF, but if they managed to swing the rumored trade for boozer, they're set. Breaks the rule of trading within conference. Peja has not been a playoff player, and bobby has a history of breaking down.

Why Celtics do it: Gives him a good passer, and it looks like banks doesn't fit in well over there. We all know how Danny Ainge likes to give out talent! There were several rumors a while back about a Walton/Banks trade, so there was thought about this
Why Celtics don't do it: Uhhh beats me. Unless they start to like banks again. Maybe agitation over being a minor partner in the trade?

Zyphen said:
Damn... Lamar Odom is exactly what we need in a player at the 3 spot. He's quick enough to play there too. Too bad he's a Laker. Petrie might have a cool enough head to think this one through but I just get the urge to do dry heaves at the thought of dealing with the Lakers.

Also, objectively, like people say... you have to consider what that will do for the Lakers. Peja might suddenly turn it up if he reunites with Vlade.
historically, lamar odom has grossly underachieved. but this season, he's steppin it up some. he's a guy i wouldnt mind having. definitely the kind of athletic big man we're missing.

and its not so much a worry that peja kicks things into gear if he's reunited with vlade...its just the principle that you don't make major trades with in-conference competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
To make an addition to my post, this officially turns it into a blockbuster trade, which makes it unlikely due to Petrie's MO, especially at the deadlines. But here it goes:

L.A. Lakers trades: SF Luke Walton (2.5 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 11.0 minutes) SF Caron Butler (14.6 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.8 apg in 35.6 minutes) PG Chucky Atkins (13.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.5 apg in 36.8 minutes) PF Lamar Odom (15.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 3.5 apg in 36.4 minutes) Devean George (No games yet played in 2004/05) L.A. Lakers receives: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes) PG Bobby Jackson (11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes) PF Carlos Boozer (17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes) Change in team outlook: +2.9 ppg, -4.1 rpg, and -3.9 apg.
Sacramento trades: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes) PG Bobby Jackson (11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes) Sacramento receives: PF Lamar Odom (15.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 3.5 apg in 36.4 minutes) PG Marcus Banks (4.9 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 13.9 minutes) Change in team outlook: -11.0 ppg, +4.2 rpg, and +1.0 apg.
Boston trades: PG Marcus Banks (4.9 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 13.9 minutes) Boston receives: SF Luke Walton (2.5 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 11.0 minutes) Change in team outlook: -2.4 ppg, +0.7 rpg, and -0.6 apg.
Utah trades: PF Carlos Boozer (17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes) Utah receives: SF Caron Butler (14.6 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.8 apg in 35.6 minutes) PG Chucky Atkins (13.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.5 apg in 36.8 minutes) Devean George (No games yet played in 2004/05) Change in team outlook: +10.5 ppg, -0.8 rpg, and +3.5 apg.
TRADE ACCEPTED

Basically the same trade as before, but includes the Boozer-->LA section which would help LA. Balances out their logjam at SF. Question is would Utah do it? I've heard rumblings that they're unhappy with Boozer. Would they be satisfied with George? Might have to sub in Jumaine Jones.

Bricklayer said:
No it doesn't all depend on what you work on -- at LEAST as much depends on personnel.

Pat Riley was a great defensive coach in his latter years. But its not because he sat around and made crappy defenders into great ones. He went out and GOT great defenders. His whole structure was built around great defensive centers who were great defensive centers BEFORE he got them (Ewing/Mourning). Then he went out and imported other top flight defenders, found them in camp, traded for them, traded away weak/middling guys to get ever more defense.

Gregg Popovich is a great defensive coach, but he has NEVER had to coach without great defensive interior people. David Robinson was a defensive monster long before Pop arrived. Tim Duncan only led the NCAA in blocked shots. GREAT defenders, not by practice, but by nature.

Larry Brown preaches defense, but where has he had his greatest success with it? Philadephia, where he rebuilt the team from the ground up for defense defense defense. Imported Theo Ratliff, to guard the paint, already a great shotblocker, then traded for Ditkembe Mutumbo, who had only won three(?) defensive player of the year awards. Then he goes to Detroit and finally wins a championship. And what does he have anchoring the paint? Only Ben Wallace, the defensive player of the year before Brown arrived, and then a trade for another excellent interior defender in Rasheed Wallace.

These coaches didn't make weak interior defenders into championship level defensive players, then either went out and intentionally imported that type of player, or they intentionally took over teams with that type of player already. Not one of those players ever became a great defensive player because of those coaches. They already were great defenders.

You know what Riley would do if he took over the Kings? Make trades. Brad would be gone in about a nanosecond if Riley could find anybody out there. No post game to build the offense around, no shotblocking = goodbye if you're a center in Riley's system. He wouldn't sit around and waste time trying to make Brad into something he wasn't. He'd just go get somebody who already was, just as all of those coaches always have. There's a reason Pop went out and got Rasho instead of Brad two years ago.
what we are talking about are the sacramento kings and how to improve the present TEAM in sacramento with a system of basketball that fits a coaching style and management that want to play basketball a desired way a style that they have been playing for several years with alot of success hoping to eventually, especially this season get to the NBA FINALS and win a championship.This present kings team have a core group that have played together for alot of seasons now,this core knows each others weaknesses and strengths as their coaching staff knows the details of teh players + and - skills.Now Barring a drastic trade that probably will effect the fabric already in motion a fabric that is concrete with familar roots and stability,I don't see the KINGS making a big trade by teh deadline.So if this big TRADE doesn't go down the kings will have to work with what they have.Defense and rebounding are areas of the game the TEAM struggles with.

This elements of the game can be solved for the short run of this season and playoffs.It's either now or never or start rebuilding.Now as far as webber and WEBB not having enough athletic ability to challenge shots because he he can't react fast enough,What i think with that theory is that it's all mental,I think if webb wants it bad enough I think he can use that same explosivenes that he uses on dunks to make a more concentrated effort to defend in the painted area with more agression it's all attitude and will with him becuase I have seen him do this in spurts as well as last season in the playoffs defending DIRK off the dribble with really at that time one leg.With brad miller I think brad can make a better effort in moving his feet and getting position if hard work is applied to that area of his game then he can get the job done,But the coaching staff must get the players to work at this part of the game.Brad has the tools from what I see him do all is needed now is the practice time to work on the skill.

It's now or never or start rebuilding, as with PEJA if he wants to go out like a chump this playoffs like the last few seasons then he will forever be labeled as soft,so if he wants to shed that image then he too must double his effeort on the defense and rebounding.Same with mike bibby if he wants to go out like a clown this season and have nash playing in his home city getting all the lime light getting snubbed from the all stars etc then he must make more effort with what he has in his arsenal to become better on the defensive end.He may not be a pro type personel player to play defense on a major level but if he wants to win bad enough like a LARRY BIRD who didn't have the God gifted ability to run and slam dunk like domique wilkins but used DESIRE to win to make up for what he didn't have,mike aloe will go out like a one dimensional player who only played on one end of the floor.IT'S NOW OR NEVER OR REBUILD

We can complain every year about what we don't have when things go wrong or what we do have when things go right,all the excuses of what's needed and what's wrong need to go on out the door.This TEAM the core players have been close and all of them WEBBER PEJA,MILLER BIBBY,etc all have responsibilty in why this thing is failing,not just WEBBER because he's your favorite or PEJA because he's such and such's favorite, basically everyone is at fault here and when everyone see's that this is a TEAM illness and not a INDIVIDUAL illness then and only then will everything will be alright and what we do have will start clicking with out all these FEAR NOTIONS to blame one another for collective responsibilty.EVERYONE is at fault here FANS,PLAYERS,COACHING STAFF EVERYBODY.

shaka zulu said:
what we are talking about are the sacramento kings and how to improve the present TEAM in sacramento with a system of basketball that fits a coaching style and management that want to play basketball a desired way a style that they have been playing for several years with alot of success hoping to eventually, especially this season get to the NBA FINALS and win a championship.This present kings team have a core group that have played together for alot of seasons now,this core knows each others weaknesses and strengths as their coaching staff knows the details of teh players + and - skills.Now Barring a drastic trade that probably will effect the fabric already in motion a fabric that is concrete with familar roots and stability,I don't see the KINGS making a big trade by teh deadline.So if this big TRADE doesn't go down the kings will have to work with what they have.Defense and rebounding are areas of the game the TEAM struggles with.

This elements of the game can be solved for the short run of this season and playoffs.It's either now or never or start rebuilding.Now as far as webber and WEBB not having enough athletic ability to challenge shots because he he can't react fast enough,What i think with that theory is that it's all mental,I think if webb wants it bad enough I think he can use that same explosivenes that he uses on dunks to make a more concentrated effort to defend in the painted area with more agression it's all attitude and will with him becuase I have seen him do this in spurts as well as last season in the playoffs defending DIRK off the dribble with really at that time one leg.With brad miller I think brad can make a better effort in moving his feet and getting position if hard work is applied to that area of his game then he can get the job done,But the coaching staff must get the players to work at this part of the game.Brad has the tools from what I see him do all is needed now is the practice time to work on the skill.

It's now or never or start rebuilding, as with PEJA if he wants to go out like a chump this playoffs like the last few seasons then he will forever be labeled as soft,so if he wants to shed that image then he too must double his effeort on the defense and rebounding.Same with mike bibby if he wants to go out like a clown this season and have nash playing in his home city getting all the lime light getting snubbed from the all stars etc then he must make more effort with what he has in his arsenal to become better on the defensive end.He may not be a pro type personel player to play defense on a major level but if he wants to win bad enough like a LARRY BIRD who didn't have the God gifted ability to run and slam dunk like domique wilkins but used DESIRE to win to make up for what he didn't have,mike aloe will go out like a one dimensional player who only played on one end of the floor.IT'S NOW OR NEVER OR REBUILD

We can complain every year about what we don't have when things go wrong or what we do have when things go right,all the excuses of what's needed and what's wrong need to go on out the door.This TEAM the core players have been close and all of them WEBBER PEJA,MILLER BIBBY,etc all have responsibilty in why this thing is failing,not just WEBBER because he's your favorite or PEJA because he's such and such's favorite, basically everyone is at fault here and when everyone see's that this is a TEAM illness and not a INDIVIDUAL illness then and only then will everything will be alright and what we do have will start clicking with out all these FEAR NOTIONS to blame one another for collective responsibilty.EVERYONE is at fault here FANS,PLAYERS,COACHING STAFF EVERYBODY.
How could anybody write this much?

*hides in shame

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Cross post from NBA section, but I was just so terribly impressed by own cleverness -- that Ron Weinig guy ain't got nothing on me :) :

(note, Lakers have been rumored to be trying to get Boozer as well as Peja, and Utah is rumored to be trying to move both Boozer and Harpring):

Sacramento trades:
SF Peja Stojakovic(19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)
C Greg Ostertag(1.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 9.8 minutes)
PG Bobby Jackson(11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes)
Sacramento receives:
SF Matt Harpring(13.1 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.8 apg in 33.0 minutes)
PF Lamar Odom(15.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 3.5 apg in 36.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -4.4 ppg, +6.1 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

Utah trades:
SF Matt Harpring(13.1 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.8 apg in 33.0 minutes)
PF Carlos Boozer(17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes)
Utah receives:
C Greg Ostertag(1.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 9.8 minutes)
PG Bobby Jackson(11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes)
C Vlade Divac(0.8 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 0.5 apg in 4.6 minutes)
SF Caron Butler(14.6 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.8 apg in 35.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -2.0 ppg, -2.5 rpg, and +0.5 apg.

L.A. Lakers trades:
PF Lamar Odom(15.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 3.5 apg in 36.4 minutes)
C Vlade Divac(0.8 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 0.5 apg in 4.6 minutes)
SF Caron Butler(14.6 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.8 apg in 35.6 minutes)
L.A. Lakers receives:
SF Peja Stojakovic(19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)
PF Carlos Boozer(17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +6.4 ppg, -3.6 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

+ Lakers throw Utah a pick to encourage them. Voila! (actually Utah would have to be stupid, but given that there are rumors of a Lakers garbage for Boozer trade, maybe cap room and two (or three) potential starters would do it.
TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Sacramento and L.A. Lakers being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and L.A. Lakers had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

You have been assigned Trade ID number 2281030

Last edited:
That would make the Lakers pretty damn good, Bricklayer. Are you sure you want Kobe, Stojakovic, and Boozer in our division for the next couple of years?

Bricklayer

kperica said:
That would make the Lakers pretty damn good, Bricklayer. Are you sure you want Kobe, Stojakovic, and Boozer in our division for the next couple of years?
It would, and all they would need is a PG to complete the lineup -- but I'm not concerned about them really. It would also make US look pretty damn good -- 3 triple double threats across the front line, a rugged defending/rebounding OG/SF off the bench who can shoot as a 6th man. We'd be bigger, tougher more versatile (Odom could swing to OG or PF to back up Webb, Harpring plays both the 2 and 3 -- we could go big, or go small, match up with anyone) and our rebounding problems would likely be a thing of the past. Problem would be, for this year at least, that we would have no adequate backup center or PG. But if that's all we ahd to worry about going into the offseason, I'm sure Petrie could come up with something.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Gary said:
LOL WHY would Utah do this? The expiring contracts?
If they are seriously considering Butler, George and Vlade for Boozer, who knows? I assume it is the expiring contracts, yes. Not sure if they are planning at making a run at somebody else, or whether the big Kirilenko extension is weighing on their mind financially. But in this case also a starting PG in Bobby (if they choose not to use him as an expiring contract) who Sloan would love (remember they have been looking for one all season long), and even Tag (who they know) doesn't look so bad when you have been trying to start Curtis Borchardt of all people. Throw in a pick or two, and if they are really intent on rebuilding we're got a plan (maybe -- I think they'd be idiots, but they can feel free).

Anyway, Utah would have to be the putz, obviously. However, since their reasons for souring on Boozer and Harpring are a bit vague to me anyway, why not jsut relieve them of them? :) Basically two cheap starters for two expensive starters (Bobby/Butler) for Boozer/Harpring).

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bricklayer - While I immediately thought you'd lost your mind I now have to wonder if that could just be one of the most diabolical trades ever in the NBA.

Kobe and Pedja on the same team? If Pedja is unhappy about getting fewer shots now, he would be curled up under the bench in the fetal position after a few games with Bryant.

If Petrie could pull this little miracle off, I would start collecting for the 500-foot statue of him to be erected outside Arco! And I would make regular pilgrimages to the site to lay bouquets of flowers at its base.

As far as backup center goes, we haven't played Tag much anyway. We do have Bradley; he and Darius could at least pick up a little slack, even if they were basically playing out of position.

Having said all that, a major part of me still hopes Pedja stays.

VF21 said:
Bricklayer - While I immediately thought you'd lost your mind I now have to wonder if that could just be one of the most diabolical trades ever in the NBA.

Kobe and Pedja on the same team? If Pedja is unhappy about getting fewer shots now, he would be curled up under the bench in the fetal position after a few games with Bryant.
I think saying that Kobe takes a bunch of shots without regard for his teammates is a little unfair. Webber 26.43 FGA/48 minutes (second highest in the NBA), 5.4 APG ; Bryant 23.59 FGA/48 minutes (8th in the NBA), 6.6 APG (stats from NBA.com).
Considering the kings have a bunch of guys who need their shots, Peja would certainly get more looks than he does here. Moreover, I think Kobe's penetration would be amazing at getting Peja looks, as opposed to the offensive stagnation that Webber's style often causes. Not to mention, Boozer and Mihm are strong enough rebounders to take the load off Peja. I think Peja, and the Laker's, would be amazing following this trade.
No offense, Bricklayer and VF21, but you're making Petrie out to be this year's Danny Ainge.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

kperica said:
I think Peja, and the Laker's, would be amazing following this trade.
No offense, Bricklayer and VF21, but you're making Petrie out to be this year's Danny Ainge.
Uh, no. Ainge didn't get back any talent in return.

kperica said:
I too don't think we come out even in the harp/odom scheme, but the real Ainge clone would be the Utah GM.

kperica said:
I think saying that Kobe takes a bunch of shots without regard for his teammates is a little unfair. Webber 26.43 FGA/48 minutes (second highest in the NBA), 5.4 APG ; Bryant 23.59 FGA/48 minutes (8th in the NBA), 6.6 APG (stats from NBA.com). At the very least, considering your previous comments, it's hypocritical.
Considering the kings have a bunch of guys who need their shots, Peja would certainly get more looks than he does here. Moreover, I think Kobe's penetration would be amazing at getting Peja looks, as opposed to the offensive stagnation that Webber's style often causes. Not to mention, Boozer and Mihm are strong enough rebounders to take the load off Peja. I think Peja, and the Laker's, would be amazing following this trade.
I completely agree. I would be very afraid of a Lakers team with Kobe, Peja, and Boozer. Kobe's offensive game has more a flow to it than Webber's (especially post-knee surgery), and Peja would undeniably benefit more from the double-teaming of Kobe. With Kobe, Peja's perimeter threat, and Boozer manning the paint, the Lakers would be ominous once again.

I believe they turned Detroit's number 1 into Al Jefferson. Could be wrong, though, so let me rephrase my opinion...Petrie would have to be pretty darn stupid, although perhaps not as stupid as Danny Ainge, to pull the trade proposed by bricklayer.

Vlad said:
I completely agree. I would be very afraid of a Lakers team with Kobe, Peja, and Boozer. Kobe's offensive game has more a flow to it than Webber's (especially post-knee surgery), and Peja would undeniably benefit more from the double-teaming of Kobe. With Kobe, Peja's perimeter threat, and Boozer manning the paint, the Lakers would be ominous once again.
Doesnt matter Kings will never give up Peja.

VF21 said:

Webber has a much higher FGA per 48 minutes than Kobe :eek:

(26.43 compared to 23.59)

Bricklayer

Pick your player for this Kings team (no rebounding/shot blocking):

Player 1:
38.3min 19.7pts (.443, .383, .920) 4.2rebs 1.9ast 1.2stl 0.2blk 1.4TO

Player 2:
36.4min 15.7pts (.475, .303, .695) 10.3rebs 3.5ast 0.7stl 1.1blk 2.7TO

Vlad said:

Kobe still takes more shots, therefore there would be less total shots for Pedja to have per game. But we all know this enrio will never happen.

Bricklayer said:
Pick your player for this Kings team (no rebounding/shot blocking):

Player 1:
38.3min 19.7pts (.443, .383, .920) 4.2rebs 1.9ast 1.2stl 0.2blk 1.4TO

Player 2:
36.4min 15.7pts (.475, .303, .695) 10.3rebs 3.5ast 0.7stl 1.1blk 2.7TO
Player 1 stats are skewed because he hasn't been healthy. Player 1 also is the the focus of the opposing teams defense. I'll take player 1.

Bricklayer

Vlad said:

I've mentioned before the way that stat is kept is dumb -- Kobe also shoots 11 FTs a game. Which means another 5 or 6 shots basically. Webber shoots 4 Fts a game. Real numebr of possessions used to score by the two players is about equal.

Bricklayer

Heuge said:
Player 1 stats are skewed because he hasn't been healthy. Player 1 also is the the focus of the opposing teams defense. I'll take player 1.
Feel free. I'll take palyer two and kill you in every aspect of the game but one. If I need a scorer, I take Player 1. If I need everything else, its Player 2 in a landslide.

Bricklayer said:
Feel free. I'll take palyer two and kill you in every aspect of the game but one. If I need a scorer, I take Player 1. If I need everything else, its Player 2 in a landslide.
While I don't think player 1 is perfect in all he does, I think you are overstating the difference.
While you will "kill" me on the boards, you will not "kill" me defensively, nor will you "kill" me in transition, nor will you "kill" me with heart. Offensively, which is 50% of the game, you lose...by a landslide.

Bricklayer said:
I've mentioned before the way that stat is kept is dumb -- Kobe also shoots 11 FTs a game. Which means another 5 or 6 shots basically. Webber shoots 4 Fts a game. Real numebr of possessions used to score by the two players is about equal.
Kobe scores 31.7 pts per 48 min with 23.59 shots + 6.4 free throw possessions (12.7 fts per 48) = 30 posessions

Webber scores 27.9 pts per 48 min 26.43 + 2.6 free throw posessions (5.1 fts per 48) = 29 possessions.