Overall Impressions from Summer League

Before in what will most likely be our last summer league game Saturday against the Bulls I figured this would be a good time to discuss our impressions from this year's summer league season.

For the team as a whole I think we've learned a lesson that everyone should already know, moving the ball quickly and efficiently is better than isolation basketball. Look at the last two games, by far the Kings' best, much more of a free flowing offense that stems from outside shooting, passing, moving without the ball, and looking for others rather than selfish play. Hopefully this continues into the next game and more importantly into the regular season with our other players.

Derrick Williams: An extremely disappointing summer league in my opinion. It was refreshing to see him not play last game and as a result how well the ball moved. He had some hot streaks, but overall he is not a good shooter. He also was very disappointing on the boards, even though he was playing primarily PF. He is an amazing athlete, but rarely can translate to actual in-game play. I don't think he will end up being much more than a role player in this league, he can't do too much on his own and requires help from others to be effective. This is why he was better as a starter last year than as a bench player, if he plays with better players and is relied upon less then he will play better.

Ben McLemore: After the first two games I was thinking bust all the way. However after his last three I'm thinking we may have something here. He is learning to take advantage of the skills he has. His overall ball handling is still weak and may always be, but his straight line ball handling when driving is mostly solid, not to mention an amazingly quick first step. Many of us have been saying that he needs to drive more and don't rely on the outside shot as much and that is what he has done. Actually the driving has opened up more good outside shots for him which is has been making at a good rate. Another major improvement is his ability to finish at the rim, a problem from last year. Instead of trying to dunk everything he is rising above everyone and using his hang time to make layups of which he is converting almost every chance he gets. His passing has also improved, especially off the dribble. He got 4 assists last game and could have had more. Also for the record there have been several assists during this summer league that he hasn't gotten credit for, I'm not sure why that keeps happening to him, maybe they like talking about how he doesn't have any assists in his summer league career, who knows. Finally, I think while his defense needs work it has been much better, especially with his one on one defense. Just needs to get better with the overall mistakes, foot out of bounds when he receives the ball, bad passes, and fouling jump shooters.

Ray McCallum: Has been solid, nothing spectacular. I like how he moves the ball, definitely not a selfish player. He is racking up the assists, although by watching the games I'm not sure if that's more of his creating for others or his teammates simply shooting well that day. I like the mid-range shot he is developing, it has been a great equalizer, helping to end many opponents' runs. His defense has been solid as usual. I like his overall game, I'm not sure how useful he is as an off the bench PG, definitely not a sparkplug type of player. I think he is a bit slow for the PG position, especially with his straight line speed which will limit his ability to drive. He has game, we will see how it translates.

Nik Stauskas: I think he has been as advertised for the most part. He is the type of player we have been missing. Excellent at passing the ball, creating for others, and running the pick and roll. His shot has been good, but we definitely aren't seeing the best of it. He has been missing some shots and free throws that he usually doesn't, but he will find it. I don't see him as a copy of McLemore from last year, good shooter in college, not in the NBA. His defense has also been very good, much better than people gave him credit for. Over the last couple of games he has taken less shots and I think that is attributed to the better on-ball defense in the NBA. I think it has surprised him, he is not used to be attacked as much when handling the ball so he is stepping back to protect it instead of using it to his advantage and driving past his man. I think he will be fine here as well, his ball handling is much better than McLemore's, he won't have the same issues, just has to get used to the speed of the NBA.

Quincy Acy: I like that he has improved his jump shot, now it's time to get back under the basket and rebound. Last game was better when he was able to play PF instead of C. His outside shot has been good, he has gotten good garbage points, and nice transition buckets. He needs to stop posting up though, not his game, if the shot isn't there time to pass the ball.

Marshon Brooks: This guy might make the team, might be a good sparkplug off the bench. Simply a good scorer, can hit shots and score off the dribble. Defense isn't great and doesn't really pass the ball all that well, but we could use some firepower off the bench.

Eric Moreland: I like what I've seen and would like to see more. Good size at PF, definitely aggressive, rebounds well, and doesn't try to do too much. I like how he uses the pick and roll and actually defends it well from what I've seen so far.

Alex Oriakhi: Just one game so far so not a lot of information to use, but I will say this, he has the tools we need, but the question is, does he have the talent? Good size for PF or C, I would rather see him play PF. He is long and a good shot blocker. I expect him to rebound better than he did yesterday and I think he can, he was always in the middle of the rebound battles. He has a nice mid-range shot. Most of all I like what looks like a high basketball IQ. He can definitely run the pick and roll and is a good and willing passer. I definitely want to see more of him. He just needs to not commit the stupid fouls, stop reaching.

Last edited:
Good summary. Pretty much agree all around.

Ray: I like his end of shot clock drives when he pulled up for a little jumper. It's a little nit-picky, but I think he's too bouncy with his dribble and that slows him down. Doesn't really make any pure PG passes, but has been steady. Like his D.

Crazy thing about Nik's shooting is he is still around 50% on his 3's for the summer league, even though it seems like he can do better. Seems like good things happen on offense when he runs the pick and roll, or comes off the corner hand-off.

I really wouldn't have any problem with Ben never dribbling more than three times in any sequence, lol. But happy about his progress, he needs this for his confidence. Completely different player the last couple of games.

Moreland: I want more more moreland. He's just fun to watch. I'd hate to play against a guy like that; a hyper pogo stick with tentacles. He will get pushed around, will need to add weight/strength. Playing against Cuz every day in practice will do wonders for him if the Kings sign him, which they should.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Good overall review.

Was very impressed with Nik's ball handling and passing in Minny game. Played a team game. Good progress.

Moreland is progressing nicely and shows good rim defense, just needs more playing time.

Oriakhi has the NBA body and shows flashes for his first "next level" play. Hard to judge him much on limited play but likely invited to training camp.

Marshon will definitely bring scoring off the bench assuming they sign him. Very efficient scorer.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I missed the first two games, but Marshon has a little too much Marcus Thornton in him for my liking based on the games I did see. It is summer league which tends to encourage freelancing, but the starting group at least was doing a good job of spreading the floor and moving the ball. Marshon looks like one of those guys who's default move is to force up a shot when he gets himself into trouble. I'm not sure we need a guy like that on the bench.

dude12

Hall of Famer
My overall impression is that I would hold onto Ben and Nik both and not trade Ben unless we are getting someone like Bledsoe.....a guy that push us deep into the playoffs. Ben has slowed down and looks good. I think Nik will contribute some good positives but I think he's going to go through the rookie learning curve....will have good and bad moments.

I think Ray is a shooting PG out of college who is learning to be a facilitator and a willing one at that. Continues to show moments of good play and then young mistakes.

If DWill could play like he did in his last game, that would be swell, I just don't think he's capable of repeating it consistently which is what his career has become at this point.

I put some questions in the Big Man options in the personnel area. I'd be leaning to keeping Moreland over Acy if it came down to 1 spot...and I love Acy the teammate but if Moreland can show in a short time that he can guard legit NBA bigs, you have to keep him. He has length, quick jumping ability and the motor to be solid reb/shotblocking/defending big. Better yet, keep Acy and Moreland over DWill.

I missed the first two games, but Marshon has a little too much Marcus Thornton in him for my liking based on the games I did see. It is summer league which tends to encourage freelancing, but the starting group at least was doing a good job of spreading the floor and moving the ball. Marshon looks like one of those guys who's default move is to force up a shot when he gets himself into trouble. I'm not sure we need a guy like that on the bench.
I disagree, Thornton is a guy you have to run plays for to get him open looks, he isn't good at getting his own shot. Brooks on the other hand has a good handle and shake to his game. He is valuable if the shot clock is running down and you need to create something. I look at him as a poor man's Jamal Crawford type. If we can get him cheap he would be useful as a 3rd SG in case Ben or Nik are struggling.

I didn't get to watch summer league at all and after reading your guys' takes on Ben McLemore, I was hoping to hear a bit more. Are his weaknesses, such as ball handling, due to being "raw", or does he just straight up not have it? I would absolutely love for Ben to have a breakout year (or be traded), otherwise this season feels bleak. Thanks for the reviews, all.

it's going to be interesting to see how the minutes between Nik and Ben are distributed in the regular season.

Hope Eric Moreland gets a roster spot. That guy plays really hard and really crashed the boards and contests shots

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Now that I'm back from summer league, and had a little time to think about it, here are my thoughts. First, don't put too much emphasis on summer league. There are players that were in the running for MVP of summer league that were out of the league shortly thereafter. That said, if your truly a good player, it should show in summer league. Like most of you, I was completely disgusted with McLemore after the first two games. If you think he looked bad on TV, you should have seen him in person. He was a loose cannon without direction. The answer was simple. Just slow the f--k down and let the game come to you. Try looking at Nik, and see how he seldom forces anything. And then, BANG, the light went on, and a new player arrived. At least hopefully so. But the meter is running and we'll see how long it lasts.

Stauskas has been as advertised. Normally that wouldn't be a shock, but considering how Fredette, Robinson, and last year McLemore looked in summer league, we've lost a little faith along the way. Even I, Mr. Optimistic, was holding my breath. Not to say there won't be some bumps in the road, or that his play has been perfect, but that his play hasn't been a disappointment. Quite the opposite in fact. I think many are somewhat surprised by his overall ability. So he looks at the moment like a keeper, and the team is in need of keepers.

Moreland has been the biggest surprise to me. I'd like to say that I was an authority on him coming out of college, but I'm not. I remember seeing him play, but either he didn't stand out in the games I saw, or I'd had too many cervesa's. Probably the latter. He obviously has the ability to affect the game on the defensive side. The question is, can he develop some kind of offensive ability. Like a 12 to 15 foot jump shot. He has to be able to make the other team guard him, or his man will just double down on whomever he wishes. I have no doubt that he can score 8 to 10 points on just garbage, depending on his minutes. As is, he could be used as a spot stopper at crucial moments of the game. But to become a full time rotational player, he has to develop some kind of offense. At this point, I certainly think he deserves an invite to training camp.

Brooks has been another surprise. Not a huge one, but to see him actually be selective with his shots, and play within the offense, not only made him more effective, but fun to watch. And, he was also putting out effort on the defensive side of the ball. Maybe the light has gone on, and he now realizes that he can't just go out and open fire. If he can continue to play this way, I certainly see him making the team. And if not ours, someone's.

Still not sure what to make of Williams. He didn't show me anything new, but he did reinforce my already made opinion of him. He's Mr. inconsistent. All in all, despite his last game (and why preytell, was it his last game) I think overall, he's a disappointment, and frankly I'm sick and tired of inconsistent players. Especially players that have been in the league for three or four years. This is a guy I loved coming out of college, so maybe some of my ire or frustration comes from being wrong about him. Sorry Derrick! Personally, I'd have him on the next train out of here. But then I lack objectivity when it come to him, so pay me no heed.

As for Mr. Sim. If the Kings are indeed interested in him for the future, then sign him to a one year contract, send him to the D-League, and forget he even exists for the rest of the season. Next year unveil him and see what he looks like. If he looks the same, wish him well, and send him off to find another team.

Acy looked like Acy. But on top of that, he did have some above average moments. He's obviously worked on his outside shot. A nice weapon to have, but not one to prioritize if I'm Acy. But his athleticism was on full display, and at times it was spectacular. Considering that he was asked to play center at 6'7", I thought he did an admirable job. It's not easy to give away 4 to 5 inches and many times. like with Fesenko, or should I say Mr. Pillsbury Dough Boy, 30 to 40 pounds in weight. So kudos to Acy for a job well done. I'm still not sure what position he plays, but he's certainly worth having on the team.

Finally, I thought McCallum played well in just about every game. He wasn't spectacular, just efficient. His first game was probably his worse, but when you think about it, other than Stauskas, no one else played well in that game, and that certainly reflected on McCallum. How many almost assists did he have in that game. It's hard for a point guard to look good when no one can make a shot, or worse, puts the ball on the floor and turns it over. Hello Ben!! Anyway, I thought he showed stability, efficiency and consistency. We'll see how that translates into the season. At the moment, he stands to get consistent minutes as the backup. If the situation remains that way, it should be interesting to see if he can make a case for the starting job at some point.

That's it folks, I had a great time and the company was good with Cruzdude, Uncia03, Kenadog, and the one and only, the Capt. The one downside for me, is that they're all smarter than me, and that really ticks me off.

hrdboild

Staff member
I disagree, Thornton is a guy you have to run plays for to get him open looks, he isn't good at getting his own shot. Brooks on the other hand has a good handle and shake to his game. He is valuable if the shot clock is running down and you need to create something. I look at him as a poor man's Jamal Crawford type. If we can get him cheap he would be useful as a 3rd SG in case Ben or Nik are struggling.
You obviously saw a different Marcus Thornton than I did. He "created" a lot of shots of dubious quality all by himself in his tenure with the Kings, particularly when Paul Westphal and Marcus Smart were coaching and let the guards do whatever they wanted.

You obviously saw a different Marcus Thornton than I did. He "created" a lot of shots of dubious quality all by himself in his tenure with the Kings, particularly when Paul Westphal and Marcus Smart were coaching and let the guards do whatever they wanted.
Man, Marcus Smart is a hell of a man! Was our coach when he was still playing in college then gets drafted! :)

Brooks represents a very real need that the Kings lack once IT got shipped out of town; a perimeter threat who can create his own looks. We simply don't know what Stauskas will bring in that department which leaves us with Rudy Gay as our only consistent threat who can create off his own bounce.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
My overall impression is that Acy has surprised with hitting a lot of outside jump shots. Didn't think he could do that. Then again I don't want him doing that when the games count anyway. Ben is a mixed back, you get the good Ben and the head in the deer lights Ben. Ray has been quiet but effective I guess you can say and the same goes for Nik, he doesn't need to score a lot to affect the game. I like his composure too. He needs to hit the weight room though, no doubt. Williams has been a disappointment, haven't really seen much from him. Brooks is what he is, a scorer. He is good for these type of games but nothing more. Moreland has been active and you have to appreciate the hustle, he might find a niche on another team or head to Europe. Oriahki is a big body, very wide. Takes up space.

hrdboild

Staff member
Man, Marcus Smart is a hell of a man! Was our coach when he was still playing in college then gets drafted! :)

Brooks represents a very real need that the Kings lack once IT got shipped out of town; a perimeter threat who can create his own looks. We simply don't know what Stauskas will bring in that department which leaves us with Rudy Gay as our only consistent threat who can create off his own bounce.
Obviously I meant Keith Smart... :(

bajaden

Hall of Famer
My overall impression is that Acy has surprised with hitting a lot of outside jump shots. Didn't think he could do that. Then again I don't want him doing that when the games count anyway. Ben is a mixed back, you get the good Ben and the head in the deer lights Ben. Ray has been quiet but effective I guess you can say and the same goes for Nik, he doesn't need to score a lot to affect the game. I like his composure too. He needs to hit the weight room though, no doubt. Williams has been a disappointment, haven't really seen much from him. Brooks is what he is, a scorer. He is good for these type of games but nothing more. Moreland has been active and you have to appreciate the hustle, he might find a niche on another team or head to Europe. Oriahki is a big body, very wide. Takes up space.
I wouldn't be so quick to discard Moreland. He was more than active. He blocked shots, but more importantly, he affected a lot of shots. You could see players on the other team looking for him when they drove to the basket. He's a legit shotblocker, and he also a surprising rebounder despite his lack of weight. I believe he pulled down 12 boards in 18 minutes in the one game. In that same game Williams, who finally had a good offensive game, only had one rebound in twenty something minutes. Oriahki I won't comment on. Other than college, I haven't seen him play enough to judge.

As for Acy and his shot, he spent most of his time since the season ended working on his shot, so it wasn't a surprise to him that he was hitting it. You can't blame him. Management said they were looking for a stretch four, so he decided to apply for the job. I doubt he'll get it, but you have to at least admire his aggressiveness. Brooks is trying to play the right way, so I'll bear with him for now until I see him revert back to his former self. Maybe he's figured it out. A lot of players do in their 3rd or 4th year. And some never do. Williams I'm pretty much done with. I could be wrong, but once I give up on a player, its hard to convince me otherwise. I'd say that maybe the best thing for him is to be traded and start over, but that's been done already. He's a talented guy that just hasn't figured out how to use his talent, and maybe he never will.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I didn't get to watch summer league at all and after reading your guys' takes on Ben McLemore, I was hoping to hear a bit more. Are his weaknesses, such as ball handling, due to being "raw", or does he just straight up not have it? I would absolutely love for Ben to have a breakout year (or be traded), otherwise this season feels bleak. Thanks for the reviews, all.
Ben's biggest weakness is lack of BBIQ (an overused term, sorry) and trying to play too fast. When he slows down, like he did in the last two games, and just takes what's there, he is an entirely different player. His ballhandling is fine when he has an opening, but he's not good enough to go through heavy traffic like Tyreke was. When he finally realizes his limitations, and plays to his strengths, and at normal speed, he'll become a valuable player. And over time, as he improves his weaknesses, he'll be able to put his terrific athleticism to use. So lets see if he can continue to play like he has the last two games. Old habits die hard. What's that honey? Oh yeah, the toilet seat. Sorry!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't be so quick to discard Moreland. He was more than active. He blocked shots, but more importantly, he affected a lot of shots. You could see players on the other team looking for him when they drove to the basket. He's a legit shotblocker, and he also a surprising rebounder despite his lack of weight. I believe he pulled down 12 boards in 18 minutes in the one game. In that same game Williams, who finally had a good offensive game, only had one rebound in twenty something minutes. Oriahki I won't comment on. Other than college, I haven't seen him play enough to judge.

As for Acy and his shot, he spent most of his time since the season ended working on his shot, so it wasn't a surprise to him that he was hitting it. You can't blame him. Management said they were looking for a stretch four, so he decided to apply for the job. I doubt he'll get it, but you have to at least admire his aggressiveness. Brooks is trying to play the right way, so I'll bear with him for now until I see him revert back to his former self. Maybe he's figured it out. A lot of players do in their 3rd or 4th year. And some never do. Williams I'm pretty much done with. I could be wrong, but once I give up on a player, its hard to convince me otherwise. I'd say that maybe the best thing for him is to be traded and start over, but that's been done already. He's a talented guy that just hasn't figured out how to use his talent, and maybe he never will.
So you think Moreland is a keeper then?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
So you think Moreland is a keeper then?
I do think you have to consider the small sample size, but at the moment, he's the closest we have to being a shotblocker. He's not an overnight sensation in that regard. He averaged 2 blocks a game last season at Oregon St. and 2.5 blocks a game the year before. He also averaged over 10 rebounds a game both those years. He was a senior this past season. His weakness is on the offensive side of the ball. He's mostly a garbage player with putbacks, alley opps etc. On the plus side offensively, he never looks lost. He seems to know what he can and can't do, and sticks with what he can do. He reminds me a little bit of Yogi Stewart.

I think something that changed the Kings and how they played from the first game on is that Tyrone Corbin became the coach after the first SL game.

Game one was horrible. The one thing that changed was the coach and I think having Tyrone Corbin as Coach Malone lead assistant will make a big difference with the Kings this year. Ty Corbin was a 6 year disciple of Jerry Sloan and you can see his control over this team already.

K

KingMilz

Ben's last two games have suggested to me he's improved A LOT, I have always thought it's all in his head when he's confident in himself he can really play some of those drives looked great (in particular the one he was called a travel on which was not a travel), when you can move at his speed that drive he's developing is going to be a super nasty weapon.

All the bigs imo have looked impressive, Brooks has been giving defenders the business as well.

I think something that changed the Kings and how they played from the first game on is that Tyrone Corbin became the coach after the first SL game.

Game one was horrible. The one thing that changed was the coach and I think having Tyrone Corbin as Coach Malone lead assistant will make a big difference with the Kings this year. Ty Corbin was a 6 year disciple of Jerry Sloan and you can see his control over this team already.
I noticed after the first two games they got away from small ball and played two real Bigs most of the time. Forcing DWill to play PF and Acy to play Center did not turn out too well. But as long as Moreland or Oriakhi were on the floor Acy looked pretty good. Maybe Tyrone Corbin does not like small ball either, we can only hope:)

I like Moreland and would like to see him in training camp and in Reno and on the Kings squad if his game translates to the NBA. Big Sim and Oriakhi should play in Reno this season and develop their games.

Ben is dribbling better and his overall game has improved. Ray is running the team pretty well and only looks to "get his" when that is the best option. Staukas is killing it for a Rookie. Marshon could be in a NBA teams rotation. Maybe the Kings if one of the rumors turns out to be reality.

It is nice to hear good things from the Kings Fans on the ground in Vegas. Thanks Baja!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Good summary by Jerichoholic of the individual players.

My overall impression on the team after seeing 40% of it in summer league is that if this team doesn't create offense from the pass they are in trouble. If Malone doesn't have a motion offense, if the players don't consistently move, but instead are standing around watching Cousins or Gay playing iso or using them as last second bailouts, this team will do poorly. They must use the pass because they just aren't that good with the dribble. So it's up to Cousins and Stauskas and to some degree McCallum and Collison to hit cutters. This team has got to screen, cut and pass a heckuvalot better than they did last year to begin to approach .500 ball.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Good summary by Jerichoholic of the individual players.

My overall impression on the team after seeing 40% of it in summer league is that if this team doesn't create offense from the pass they are in trouble. If Malone doesn't have a motion offense, if the players don't consistently move, but instead are standing around watching Cousins or Gay playing iso or using them as last second bailouts, this team will do poorly. They must use the pass because they just aren't that good with the dribble. So it's up to Cousins and Stauskas and to some degree McCallum and Collison to hit cutters. This team has got to screen, cut and pass a heckuvalot better than they did last year to begin to approach .500 ball.
I think this is true not only for the Kings, but for just about every team that wants to be competitive. Not only are you more competitive with a motion offense, your also more entertaining. Of course that's from my prospective. Obviously there are those that love individual play, and so do I, when its necessary. While I do think I've seen more sharing of the ball in summer league, I also think the team has a long way to go to reach the level where they can compete against the best on a regular basis. Having said that, I don't we should put too much emphasis on a few summer league games. Summer league is the one venue where I do think you should pay attention to individual play. For instance, some players disappear when they don't touch the ball, and others find a way to contribute.

As an example, yesterday Stauskas went almost a whole quarter without touching the ball, but he still worked hard on playing defense, and set a beautiful back pick at one point to allow one of his teammates, I think Acy, an open lane to the basket. That's how basketball is supposed to be played. Quite the opposite of Williams, who just disappears when he's not included in the offense. Summer league is a game played with small egos for the most part. The real test comes with training camp and the exhibition season. That's when the big ego's become involved. So we'll see. Old habits die hard, and this team has some bad habits. To managements credit, the best way to get rid of old habits, is to get rid of the source of the habits, and that's what they've been doing. Tiny steps, tiny steps.

K

KingMilz

You know what to me is the most refreshing thing, these guys have been together for a couple weeks and everyone on the squad knows there role, last years regular team could not figure it out over 82 games there was literally only two guys on the entire squad who knew there role (Cousins and Gay).

Well coached, play with passions, literally all of them for the most part go HARD on defence it's like I'm not talking about a Sacarmento Kings team but I really am. Wonderful to watch hopefully they reward themselves with a big win in the final.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
always handy to have one of those on the deep bench, a true pureblood scorer, as insurance against major injuries. You just can't make up the points you lose if a Rudy or Cousins goes down with Quincy Acy or Travis Outlaw. You might, however, be able to get them from Brooks on a good night. More problematic as a rotation player however, which is why he's bounced around despite obvious talent (and I was amused to note today, he actually moves a lot like Kobe -- am sure that was his childhood idol, right up until he had to meet the ass last year in L.A. I bet).

always handy to have one of those on the deep bench, a true pureblood scorer, as insurance against major injuries. You just can't make up the points you lose if a Rudy or Cousins goes down with Quincy Acy or Travis Outlaw. You might, however, be able to get them from Brooks on a good night. More problematic as a rotation player however, which is why he's bounced around despite obvious talent (and I was amused to note today, he actually moves a lot like Kobe -- am sure that was his childhood idol, right up until he had to meet the ass last year in L.A. I bet).
The difference is, Marshon has much better ball skills than Thornton did/does. Thornton was a guy who could torch you for 30 by making 6 3's in a game. He almost never created off his own bounce and if he did, it was one or 2 dribbles to chuck up a 3.

Marshon is a bit different; more Jamal Crawford type of scorer where he has all the tools/tricks to score from anywhere on the floor. What he needs to learn is how to reign in his game and let his offense come to him. He's just forced stuff early in his career which has made him terribly inefficient and given a "chucker" label; thus why he's bounced around. But from a pure scoring/talent perspective, he's got everything you want out of a sparkplug bench scorer. And he's displayed pretty good patience during this summer league and has take really good shots for the most part.