OC Register: NBA deal or no deal: Which will Maloofs choose?

It's fine that he reads this on the air. It will motivate Sac businesses and politicians even more. It's fine. We're good with public support in Sac, and I'm pretty sure Amick and Simmons are the ones that shaped the rest of the country's opinion.
Just seems to me that you don't want to give any pro Anaheim slant any extra publicity right now if you an help it. All the momentum is in Sacramento's favor right now so why would you even acknowledge details Anaheim's effort? At the very least it's going to get a lot of folks worried and discouraged for no reason.

Randy Youngman has been on Grants show at least 3 times in the last month in a half. I agree the league does not want a third team in the la market and the nba wants the team to stay in Sacramento and if we can't get an arena financed and planned by March 1st of next year I think we all agree we can't blame the Maloofs for moving correct? Also if the Maloofs do file even though the league told them not to and the Maloofs do file an anti trust lawsuit against the league there is no way in the world they would win that court case.
That's the thing.. The Maloofs DON'T want us to build an arena. If they are seriously worried about how much money they lose in the next couple years while the arena gets built though then they are broke lol..

Seriously though.. grant was retarded for reading that on the air.. I think he kinda backtracked on it though a little.. I have a feeling someone who works for his show is on this forum.. Maybe not a member, but definitely reading this..

Punch Grant in the head please if you are reading this for reporting that hacks info on his show please? And tell him that this is the same reporter that said the Maloofs already filed secretly please..

Just back up to the top of the article and read this part again:

If they want to move the Sacramento Kings to Anaheim, they have to fight the NBA.
That's all you need right there. Everything that follows is smoke and mirrors. I wonder if Grant really can't see that or if he just thrives on negative drama.

Sounds like BS to me. Anaheim has 30 million in corporate pledges, yet we're just now hearing about it? Remember, Youngman is the same dude who said the Maloofs had already filed and the NBA was fast tracing their approval a few weeks ago.
Translation, Samueli has guaranteed $30 million with his other businesses. And like has been stated the $10 million is additional not total.

Minority ownership needs to be approved.

The TV contract is guaranteed by Samueli.

Personal loan by Samueli instead of Anaheim bonds.

This totally smells like a sale to Samueli.

Grant just said randy youngmans figures are legit and accurate and come from reliable sources. That is a great deal no wonder the Maloofs want to move down there. So it comes down to the NBA just not wanting a third team down in so cal. Grant did say he still think kings are in sac next year.

Grant just said randy youngmans figures are legit and accurate and come from reliable sources. That is a great deal no wonder the Maloofs want to move down there. So it comes down to the NBA just not wanting a third team down in so cal. Grant did say he still think kings are in sac next year.
What's so great about it? It's just a great big loan that they'd have to pay back or lose the team. The only reason it's "great" is because they're in desperation mode.

I text the Grant show asking if the deal was so good then why would the NBA ask the Kings to stay in Sac, and why would the NBA not want 3 teams in SoCal if the deal is as good as reported.

LOL just read it on the air..

So it's a politics thing? ugh.. Not believing that for a second... Because if things work go with them!!! Usually that's the way things work.

I text the Grant show asking if the deal was so good then why would the NBA ask the Kings to stay in Sac, and why would the NBA not want 3 teams in SoCal if the deal is as good as reported.

LOL just read it on the air..

So it's a politics thing? ugh.. Not believing that for a second... Because if things work go with them!!! Usually that's the way things work.
That's awesome Gary!!! I just heard your text on the internet radio. Good job.

Grant told KJ to go to Vegas and start kissing the Maloofs' asses after the teleconference that followed the BOG meetings. Seriously, those were his words. Why did he suggest that? "Because that's what politicians do." It's obvious Grant does not have a proper understanding of how politics works.

You see, Grant, politicians hold the ultimate power. They're the ones getting their *** kissed. Not the other way around.
Because Grant was tired of kissing their asses and wanted someone else to take over for awhile.

I'm wondering how much this has dimished the possiblity of the Kings staying here? I know a few days ago we were pretty much certain that the Kings would remain here in Sac(at least for this year)...
Damn....

I'm wondering how much this has dimished the possiblity of the Kings staying here? I know a few days ago we were pretty much certain that the Kings would remain here in Sac(at least for this year)...
Damn....
Probably not at all. It's just nerve racking to hear it read on the air. The NBA already did their research and made their recommendation. They're not going to go back at the last minute and reevaluate Anaheim based on Youngman's article and Peaches' big mouth.

Damn....
I can't imagine that the NBA TELLING (not asking, telling) the Maloofs to keep the Kings in Sac wouldn't ultimately trump everything. This is good drama though.

Damn....
No no no.

The NBA didn't even bother verifying numbers or looking into the full extent of the AnaSamueliHeim deal. And I don't think they will. Reason: it's all coming from one man. And there could be aspects of that deal that would be kept hidden from the NBA anyway. Way too suspicious.

It's far greater to have the broad support of an entire business community, as has happened in Sac just now. It's more reliable. Also, less likely that there are backroom deals being made that could effect one of the NBA's franchises!!

There is no way the NBA approves or recommends to the owners to approve the move.

Randy Youngman is on the radio right now with Grant, he says its clear the NBA doesn't want another team in So Cal.

Why?

The Lakers flexed their muscle

(GOOOOOOO JERRY! :eek:)

Probably not at all. It's just nerve racking to hear it read on the air. The NBA already did their research and made their recommendation. They're not going to go back at the last minute and reevaluate Anaheim based on Youngman's article and Peaches' big mouth.
Exactly. The ONLY reason this has come out at the last minute, after the Commitee's work, is because it's not legit, I don't care what Grant says. It's not legit. It's faked/recycled cash ("support") from Samueli.

Randy Youngman is on the radio right now with Grant, he says its clear the NBA doesn't want another team in So Cal.

Why?

The Lakers flexed their muscle

(GOOOOOOO JERRY! :eek:)
At this point it's all about saving face for Anaheim.

They've got to find the enemy (NBA doesn't want it to happen), then point the finger, while simultaneously saying how sweet the "deal" would have been. It's classic relationship stuff.

You may hate Grant and his takes but one thing he does not do is report things that are not true. If this had no merit to it he would not even bother with it, but it obviously does.

No no no.

The NBA didn't even bother verifying numbers or looking into the full extent of the AnaSamueliHeim deal. And I don't think they will. Reason: it's all coming from one man. And there could be aspects of that deal that would be kept hidden from the NBA anyway. Way too suspicious.

It's far greater to have the broad support of an entire business community, as has happened in Sac just now. It's more reliable. Also, less likely that there are backroom deals being made that could effect one of the NBA's franchises!!

There is no way the NBA approves or recommends to the owners to approve the move.
The NBA isnt going to waste money/time with anaheim unless they file for relocation. Then they will do their studies.