No Kings in All Star game

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
simply too much good guard competition for Fox to make it and even last year was a replacement option, which I still think he should of declined but it was his first one so I can understand it. He says he doesn't care if he's an All-star and he got his wish.
Barring multiple injury replacements, it's probably going to be a tough road for Fox to make another All-Star team any time soon, no matter how well he plays. He's probably never going to get voted in: he's, like, the seventh-most popular guard in the conference, in an event where only four guards are guaranteed to get in. Curry, Doncic, Gilgeous-Alexander, Edwards, Booker and Morant all have way higher Q-ratings than Fox, and all of those guys except Curry are going to be around for a while. Barring multiple deep runs into the playoffs, he's probably not ever going to get the respect of the coaches, either.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I think you could make a case for Fox or Sabonis but it was harder to make the case for both. My guess is Fox and Sabonis split the vote and neither got in.

if you took a vote here, I’m not sure who would win.
Coaches have to select 2 backcourt + 3 frontcourt + 2 wild cards, so I don't necessarily agree that there was a vote that ever needed to be split, because I don't stipulate that it should have come down to the wild card spots for either one of them. Curry and Davis should not be on the team. Like, I knew when Curry didn't get voted in by the fans that Fox was gonna get screwed, but there's no way in hell that the ninth-place team in the conference should have two All-Stars.

Barring multiple injury replacements, it's probably going to be a tough road for Fox to make another All-Star team any time soon, no matter how well he plays. He's probably never going to get voted in: he's, like, the seventh-most popular guard in the conference, in an event where only four guards are guaranteed to get in. Curry, Doncic, Gilgeous-Alexander, Edwards, Booker and Morant all have way higher Q-ratings than Fox, and all of those guys except Curry are going to be around for a while. Barring multiple deep runs into the playoffs, he's probably not ever going to get the respect of the coaches, either.
The only way Fox makes it in the future if he plays like a top 10 player like he did the first month and a half of the season. However, he had a steep drop last month and his inconsistencies probably dropped him down the 25-40 tier. If he wants to be a star in this league and get the recognition the other guys you named do, then he can’t afford nights off. He has to consistently play at a high level and bring it every single day. I don’t know if he’s that type of player. But if he wants to be a star, that’s the criteria he needs to play at.

Same with Davis ...
Even worst LA is under .500 while at least Wolves are first ...
** My excuses they are at .500 after today's win ...
Davis has been really good this year, and healthy too. He's an elite rebounder and shot blocker that scores. (Plus he's on the Lakers, and let's be honest, that must be factored in) KAT is putting up 22/8 this year and averaging under 1 steal and 1 block per game. He isn't elite at anything other than outside shooting for a big man. He only got in because of the teams record. Sabonis is elite at passing and rebounding, and is on a team with a winning record. That's some bull that KAT got in over him. Like Slim said, if the Twolves needed two players, it should have been Gobert over KAT. Oh well, I guess Sabonis will just start averaging over 10ast a game once Keegan gets even better, and then maybe he will get an All Star selection

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
and based on everything you said here, I think he may feel the same way, hence his comments

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The only way Fox makes it in the future if he plays like a top 10 player like he did the first month and a half of the season. However, he had a steep drop last month and his inconsistencies probably dropped him down the 25-40 tier. If he wants to be a star in this league and get the recognition the other guys you named do, then he can’t afford nights off. He has to consistently play at a high level and bring it every single day. I don’t know if he’s that type of player. But if he wants to be a star, that’s the criteria he needs to play at.
There's no freakin' way you can come up with 30 NBA players who are better than Fox right now 206Fan. Sometimes it feels like we're our own worst enemy with this stuff. What other fanbase underrates their own players as much as we do? If Fox were on the Lakers they'd already be fitting him for his Hall of Fame jacket. He's been miles better than both Lebron and AD this season and he's just entering his prime. If Sabonis were on the Lakers his nightly triple double watch would be it's own show on ESPN.

There's no freakin' way you can come up with 30 NBA players who are better than Fox right now 206Fan. Sometimes it feels like we're our own worst enemy with this stuff. What other fanbase underrates their own players as much as we do? If Fox were on the Lakers they'd already be fitting him for his Hall of Fame jacket. He's been miles better than both Lebron and AD this season and he's just entering his prime. If Sabonis were on the Lakers his nightly triple double watch would be it's own show on ESPN.
1. Jokic
2. Luka
3. Giannis
4. Embiid
5. Curry
6. KD
7. Booker
8. SGA
9. Tatum
10. Edwards
11. Donovan
12. BAM
13. LeBron
14. Kawhi
15. George
16. Sabonis
17. Haliburton
18. KAT
19. Lillard
20. Brunson
21. AD
22. Butler
23. Maxey
24. Randle

Morant, Trae, Lauri, Brown, Kyrie(non-crazy/healthy), Zion, and BI are all in the mix with Fox at 25-31. I don't think the list is unreasonable at all. It's not a perfect list because I forgot some of the guys towards the end.

Fox is not better than LeBron or AD... let's ignore our hate for the Lakers.

A: 24.9pts 7.5rebs 7.7asts 1.3stls on 52/39.7/72.6
B: 24.9pts 12.1rebs 3.7asts 2.3blks on 55.4/31.5/80.5
C: 27.2pts 4.1rebs 5.5asts 1.6stls on 46.7/38/72.4

The only thing that separates Fox (C) from the other two guys is that he scores an additional 2pts a game.

1. Jokic
2. Luka
3. Giannis
4. Embiid
5. Curry
6. KD
7. Booker
8. SGA
9. Tatum
10. Edwards
11. Donovan
12. BAM
13. LeBron
14. Kawhi
15. George
16. Sabonis
17. Haliburton
18. KAT
19. Lillard
20. Brunson
21. AD
22. Butler
23. Maxey
24. Randle

Morant, Trae, Lauri, Brown, Kyrie(non-crazy/healthy), Zion, and BI are all in the mix with Fox at 25-31. I don't think the list is unreasonable at all. It's not a perfect list because I forgot some of the guys towards the end.

The only thing that separates Fox (C) from the other two guys is that he scores an additional 2pts a game.
Why are they so bad then two “dominant” all stars plus good role players

It's cool, man. I don't really care whether anybody considers me a "real" fan or not; I don't have anything to prove. I do think it's kinda weird how many people want to make sure that other people know they're not going to watch but, whatever. It's not like there was going to be a quiz afterwards.

I do reject the premise that it's only for people who "care about the lights and glamour," though: I just want to watch the guys who are going to be there, and I don't take sports seriously enough to be turned off by that other stuff.
I hear ya. I didn't mean ONLY those would enjoy it but I see my phrasing is sus.

And I can't say enough about all the great things I retrieved after I turned into a casual fan of the sport, it is nice to not be too tribalism with it and I can finally get my perspective on things. I recommend everyone to try it. However, if you live in Sacramento, it might be tough to not care about the only sports team in town.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
1. Jokic
2. Luka
3. Giannis
4. Embiid
5. Curry
6. KD
7. Booker
8. SGA
9. Tatum
10. Edwards
11. Donovan
12. BAM
13. LeBron
14. Kawhi
15. George
16. Sabonis
17. Haliburton
18. KAT
19. Lillard
20. Brunson
21. AD
22. Butler
23. Maxey
24. Randle

After a certain point comparing stats vs stats is meaningless. Everybody is putting up bonkers numbers this year. All I care about is rankings. Fox is 9th in PPG and 5th in SPG. You've got all these other guys ranked above him because... why? Name recognition? Accumulated career playoff games? Booker being 7th and Fox being 27th or whatever (to pick just one example) is completely arbitrary. It's just stat geek nonsense. After the first 5 players on your list it's just a complete wash of guys who could be ranked anywhere between 6 and 38 depending on who had the better game last night.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Maybe both get in as injury replacements. All I will say is if they are playing I'll probably tune in. If they aren't I may watch the Saturday festivities but probably not the only one I can see our guys involved in is the rookie vs. soph challenge and that's not exactly breathtaking.

I’m happy for Fox and Sabonis, they need time to spend with the little ones but it’s crazy we have no representation. Injury replacement could still be a thing
Yea, they're already All NBA players and that reputation precedes them at this point. It can never be taken away, whether they make it every year or not. The Western conference is flat out flooded with talent and it's easier on the other side, especially since the league wont just cap the roster sizes at 15 like common sense would tell you they should.

So let me get this straight. They watched enough Kings basketball to know that Fox has been slumping with poor play, but don’t know that Sabonis is playing the best basketball of his career????

What a ****ing snub of Sabonis. How is this even possible? They must be using the Draymond matchup against him. For being an butthead, the rest of the league sure does love him. None of this makes sense. How do you leave off Sabonis?
He's literally putting up a stat line right now that's only been done by Wilt playing against plumbers and firefighters. On a good playoff team.

It's nonsense. Fox, still should have been in, but if you take his last month as a tie-breaker... fine. Still deserved over Steph.

He's literally putting up a stat line right now that's only been done by Wilt playing against plumbers and firefighters. On a good playoff team.

It's nonsense. Fox, still should have been in, but if you take his last month as a tie-breaker... fine. Still deserved over Steph.
They weren’t leaving Steph off no matter what, AD I don’t get but aye lakers do deserve two all stars teams balling

I always watch All Star Saturday night. Skills, 3 point shooting and dunks.......its a show. I seldom watch the rest of it, just because I have other stuff to do. AND I'm a Basketball Geek, I even watch the draft, at least until the Kings pick in the first round:)

Sabonis being dismissed is about the same as some of the Refs giving biased calls in many games. We need robot Refs or Refs from another planet. Or at least Refs who call the game even.......most of the time.

Any how I hope the Fellas get some rest and relaxation and reconnect with their Families. After all that is the most important thing.

I always watch All Star Saturday night. Skills, 3 point shooting and dunks.......its a show. I seldom watch the rest of it, just because I have other stuff to do. AND I'm a Basketball Geek, I even watch the draft, at least until the Kings pick in the first round:)

Sabonis being dismissed is about the same as some of the Refs giving biased calls in many games. We need robot Refs or Refs from another planet. Or at least Refs who call the game even.......most of the time.

Any how I hope the Fellas get some rest and relaxation and reconnect with their Families. After all that is the most important thing.
This. I'm looking forward to seeing how this team elevates themselves and responds from game to game

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't trade Sabonis for either KAT or Davis. Do you know what they both do when they have to play against Sabonis? Run! It's obvious in their body language that they hate playing against Sabonis. If you like superficial veneer over substance then feel free to take KAT and Davis over Sabonis. Stupid, stupid non-selection by whomever picks the All Star team.