NFL 2023-2024 Thread

SLAB

Hall of Famer
WTF is Aiden O’Connell actually Derrick Carr’s clone? Immediately took his number and looks like he’s rocking the natural guyliner.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Aidan O’Connell had six years in college and still somehow had eligibility left had he not entered the draft this season? Jeez

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Raiders still having the Al Davis memorial decals on their helmets despite the guy being dead for over a decade remains one of the most firmly masturbatory moves in all of pro sports

Some good things there with Lance, but man. I'd be real worried if we were heading into this season needing him to be QB1 for 17 games. He's a guy I'd love to see get reps on a bad team and work through the growing pains. Would be super nervous relying on him for a super bowl contender

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Some good things there with Lance, but man. I'd be real worried if we were heading into this season needing him to be QB1 for 17 games. He's a guy I'd love to see get reps on a bad team and work through the growing pains. Would be super nervous relying on him for a super bowl contender
There are probably ways that it could work with CMC/Deebo/Kittle/Aiyuk/Trent Williams/Juice/Mitchell out there instead of the random practice squadders we saw out there for most of that first half. I don’t think we saw Shanny use a fullback in a single play that half.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He’s the NFL’s Bruno Caboclo. Years away from being a year away. Dude’s thrown like 500 game passes in the last 8 calendar years. He won’t ever be ready to run this team. Maybe he learns on a terrible team willing to give him a shot, but it’s just not gonna happen here with the window this team has.