News from the NBA BOG meeting - April 2012

Looks like it will soon be live on Channel 10. Love the New 10 reporter in NY question on online feed. "James, what show are we breaking into?" Answer: "It's a soap opera, nobody cares."

Here's the mayor!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Supporting the team isn't going to do anything. The Maloofs are dead set on leaving and nothing will change that. The BoG gave the city one year to consruct a feasible plan for a new ESC. The city held up its end of the bargain, and we're still in the same place we were last year. To me, that speaks volumes. As long as the Maloofs are owners, I hope KJ and the city council cease any future negotiations with the team. The only thing that will keep the Kings in Sacramento is a change of ownership, not fan support or a new arena.
You have that all backwards.

the only thing that will keep the Kings in Sacramento is to keep on impressing the NBA so they stay on your side. The Maloofs cannot move without the sayso of the relocatoin committee. Supporting the team isn't about impressing the Maloofs. Screw them. Its about impressing the relocation committee. Keep them stonewalling the Maloofs for as long as possible until the Maloofs cave in one direction or another.

"The irony of that statement is that they clearly told me they did not want to renovate the arena, wanted to be the talk of the town.

The said sometimes you change you mind. That's a direct quote. I think that speaks for itself"

You have that all backwards.

the only thing that will keep the Kings in Sacramento is to keep on impressing the NBA so they stay on your side. The Maloofs cannot move without the sayso of the relocatoin committee. Supporting the team isn't about impressing the Maloofs. Screw them. Its about impressing the relocation committee. Keep them stonewalling the Maloofs for as long as possible until the Maloofs cave in one direction or another.
The Maloofs have already used the threat of an anti-trust lawsuit to get their way. Sorry, but fans showing up at games is not going to change the BoG's mind with the threat of a lawsuit impending.

Bottom line, no new arena=no team.

I hope you are not under the assumption that the city should continue to negotiate with the Kings.

The NBA has had industry experts analyze the deal. Other owners have come up to me and said wow.....The only ones who questioned the viability of the project was the Kings."

They had a consultant or economist that happens to represent Anaheim."