[NBA] The Finals

Who Ya Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just like the Lakers and Phoenix…I guess the Heat forgot to put the secret sauce that supposedly exposed the Nuggets and Jokic in the fridge after game 2. Now it’s rotten…or it was simply nothing Denver hadn’t seen a million times before and Miami barely won/escaped game 2 anyway.

will be shocked if this series goes back to Miami. Not a moment too soon either.

Can’t wait to get the off-season started

Just like the Lakers and Phoenix…I guess the Heat forgot to put the secret sauce that supposedly exposed the Nuggets and Jokic in the fridge after game 2. Now it’s rotten…or it was simply nothing Denver hadn’t seen a million times before and Miami barely won/escaped game 2 anyway.

will be shocked if this series goes back to Miami. Not a moment too soon either.

Can’t wait to get the off-season started
Boggles the mind that all these top coaches cannot think of putting Jokic in a pick and roll. But maybe Spoelstra will think of it and win 3 straight.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
usually I wouldn't count Miami out even in a 3-1 hole but Denver controlled that whole game from start to finish and they were and are the much more physical team. As tough as Jimmy and Bam are, it's simply not enough.

Heading into this series, I was torn between Nuggets in 5 and Nuggets in 6. I usually don't ever like to predict sweeps, and Denver is a far superior team to safely predict a 7 game series. For a good minute, I only saw Miami winning one game so, initially, my prediction was Nuggets in 5. But, then, I saw what Miami did out West, and how they managed to go through their competition, and I figured that they'd be good enough to sneak in a 2nd win at some point...

I wish I had stuck with my initial gut instinct, because I really don't see this series going back to Miami.

Get ready to party, Mile High City.

A great series to watch. Malone was apparently correct when he talked about communciation and level of effort. The last two games by Denver have been impressive. Miami is very resilient and plays hard. Gordon went wild last night. I have always like the guy. His game last night surprised me.

Malone is really good at keeping his team ready to play, telling them not to read the newspapers and watch tv. He explains that "they haven't done anything yet" until they win the series. The right perspective. I only wish he had never left Sacramento, but wish him all the best.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
A great series to watch. Malone was apparently correct when he talked about communciation and level of effort. The last two games by Denver have been impressive. Miami is very resilient and plays hard. Gordon went wild last night. I have always like the guy. His game last night surprised me.

Malone is really good at keeping his team ready to play, telling them not to read the newspapers and watch tv. He explains that "they haven't done anything yet" until they win the series. The right perspective. I only wish he had never left Sacramento, but wish him all the best.
Mike Malone was hired in 2015 and it took 8 years for him to get to this point and I just hope the Kings stick it out with Brown for the long term because there will be some disappointing seasons in regards to potential early Playoff exits and that can't get the Kings front office to get too reactive like Phoenix has done with Monty and Toronto with Nurse.

Last edited:
As much as I like Jokic, I must admit that he is really a poor defender. He is very slow to react as weak side help. For his size he does not contest shots very well. He rests on defense. He is vertically challenged, but does not move that well laterally on defense. It is in total contrast to his offensive game.

It appears to be part of the Nuggets strategy. Rest Jokic while his team mates cover for him. It sounds like an exaggeration. Watch him on defense for a series of plays. He is really bad at it.

As much as I like Jokic, I must admit that he is really a poor defender. He is very slow to react as weak side help. For his size he does not contest shots very well. He rests on defense. He is vertically challenged, but does not move that well laterally on defense. It is in total contrast to his offensive game.

It appears to be part of the Nuggets strategy. Rest Jokic while his team mates cover for him. It sounds like an exaggeration. Watch him on defense for a series of plays. He is really bad at it.
He did have 3 steals and 3 blocks in the last game. I know you are talking about the eye test and not the stats, but I don't see him resting. When he was in foul trouble last game he was less aggressive not to pick up the last one but I saw multiple times he cut off guards probing and using his size to contest without fouling...

Owners taking the trophy first continues to be the most annoying things in sports. Dreading if we ever win and have to sit through an hour long Vivek monologue
Personally I think soccer does it best. FIFA does it correctly. The top player takes the World Cup trophy from their countries president and then the players hoist it over their heads together. The players did the work. They deserve to hoist the trophy first.