NBA Summer League 2014 in Las Vegas

That dunk by Quincy Acy though! Glad to see McLemore being aggressive by attacking the basket, and great to see Stauskas come off the screen, connecting on the long range 3. & MarShon Brooks!? #0 looking like he wants a roster spot!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The highlight of that highlight package for me was Ben's spin move getting the ball on the break. While he's certainly among the quickest played in the league, that only came out last year in the form of straight-line speed. If -and this is a big if- he's able to translate that to lateral speed (or non-straightline speed if you will) as he did in the highlight, it will open up a lot more of his game off the ball.

Really love what I saw from Ben. Maybe a new found confidence? Nik's drive was really nice as well. Showed off some speed that most people think is a myth.

If Ben and Nik are both on, it's going to be fun playing around with the lineups.

Just wish there was more to the video. Trying not to get my hopes up and realize it's just a summer league scrimmage...not even a game.

Really love what I saw from Ben. Maybe a new found confidence? Nik's drive was really nice as well. Showed off some speed that most people think is a myth.

If Ben and Nik are both on, it's going to be fun playing around with the lineups.

Just wish there was more to the video. Trying not to get my hopes up and realize it's just a summer league scrimmage...not even a game.
You should see how he tweets his announcements for fan events and charities. He's so full of confidence. :p

I saw the same things. Ben is looking great. I noticed early on it looked like we kept looking off Nik, they didnt want to pass it to him. But the times he had the ball, he definitely capitalized. He brought it all: a three, a nice drive, an isolation step back to get off a shot.

I'm encouraged. Granted.. this was not only a highlight film, but a highlight film from an unofficial scrimmage. I'll take what I can get for now :)

From what I have seen of these early vids Ben seems to have gotten a dose of reality with the Stauskas pick. The spin move was nice and something we would have never seen last season, he's clearly working on his off the dribble game. His jumpshot(form at least) and movement all were already good, now its just having that confidence to knock them down and adding some off the dribble stuff to keep the defense honest . The fact that he's so quick and athletic will give him a HUGE advantage if he can ever be good off the dribble.

I wonder if we will see all 5 of our main roster guys starting?
McCallum
Stauskas
McLemore
Williams
Acy
Pretty small lineup but all these guys will be on the main roster so might as well play them together, could be a fun up and down athletic team. McLemore and Stauskas will probably see court time together in the regular season if Malone want extra shooting and goes small playing Gay at the 4.

Do you guys usually make game threads here during reg season? And what about for summer league...or does the only kings SL discussion belong in this thread. Sorry, still new.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Do you guys usually make game threads here during reg season? And what about for summer league...or does the only kings SL discussion belong in this thread. Sorry, still new.
We usually do game threads for every regular season game. I suppose we'll do them for summer league as well.

You forgot Marshon Brooks going for 30 on 16 shots in all the games and "We wasted 2 picks in a row, when we could just have Brooks for free" :p

Eric Moreland is an intriguing player (for an undrafted rookie, of course).
Pretty interesting interview - guy looks at himself realistically and knows, how he must play to get a roster spot. He has length (9'2" standing reach), huge hands (biggest hand width and top-5 hand length in DX database) and rebounding (14rebs per 40 minutes). Of course, his team had huge problems defensively, never cracking Pomeroy's top-150 (there's around 330 teams in Division I) in 3 years Moreland played significant minutes.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Not only do we have game threads for each game, we also have post-game grade analysis done by a consortium of our members, led by Bricklayer. Go back into the threads from last season - you'll see what I'm talking about. :)

Ben looked more coordinated in that video than he did at any point last season.
Yeah, it was good to see. Definitely looks like he has a different mindset. Hope he doesn't try to do TOO much, not his style.

Stauskas was all alone on the 3pt line on half of Ben's attempts, lol, might be a long summer league for Nik, and cold.