Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
so much for the sweep. Celtics chuck so many three pointers, reminds me of the Kings except they make theirs more consistently than not

Kingster

Hall of Famer
so much of the Cavs problems on offense come down to him being such a non-threat offensively anywhere that isn’t directly next to the basket that teams are sagging into the paint/ making it so Spida has to shoot a circus shot every single possession. He’s averaged like one three point attempt per game over his first three seasons in the league and while his shooting percentage was moderately okay on it this season, he hasn’t particularly improved as a catch and shoot guy to the point that his interesting on-ball catch and drive stuff isn’t really bothering anyone anymore. He’s still young so there’s still a chance that he’ll learn how to take more threes. But right now he’s essentially Chet Holmgren with like 75% less swag
But I thought the Kings had the worst shooter in the league? Sasha. Right?:p

I get what you're saying, but you know how big guys typically develop late. I wouldn't mind giving him a try.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Wilbon talked about this on PTI. Said he remembers 2002 when the Kings got screwed out of a finals appearance because they were a small market team.
I may be wrong but I can't help but feel like he wasn't too upset about this at the time.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
But I thought the Kings had the worst shooter in the league? Sasha. Right?:p

I get what you're saying, but you know how big guys typically develop late. I wouldn't mind giving him a try.
Yeah by no means do I want to sound like I wouldn’t immediately accept him on the Kings because his defensive skill set is pretty one that only Wemby/Chet/JJJ have but as weird as it sounds I’m not sure the Kings are solid enough offensively to put him into the system smoothly.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
so much of the Cavs problems on offense come down to him being such a non-threat offensively anywhere that isn’t directly next to the basket that teams are sagging into the paint/ making it so Spida has to shoot a circus shot every single possession. He’s averaged like one three point attempt per game over his first three seasons in the league and while his shooting percentage was moderately okay on it this season, he hasn’t particularly improved as a catch and shoot guy to the point that his interesting on-ball catch and drive stuff isn’t really bothering anyone anymore. He’s still young so there’s still a chance that he’ll learn how to take more threes. But right now he’s essentially Chet Holmgren with like 75% less swag
He had 20-10-5 last night against Boston. I'd gladly take that. Who would you want? Or maybe, who could you possibly get? Holmgren is off the table, obviously.

Too bad DDV didn’t really flash this in his stint with the Kings.

Obviously the rebounding and defensive play was evident but I think they thought he had poor shot selection(which he does, certainly with the Kings) and wasn’t a very good shooter at the time. Obviously Huerter’s first Kings season was better than anything DDV had done to that point. DDV was only ok with Golden State too.

But I wish the Kings kept him now.

It might just be that he’s playing with his college buddies

Too bad DDV didn’t really flash this in his stint with the Kings.

Obviously the rebounding and defensive play was evident but I think they thought he had poor shot selection(which he does, certainly with the Kings) and wasn’t a very good shooter at the time. Obviously Huerter’s first Kings season was better than anything DDV had done to that point. DDV was only ok with Golden State too.

But I wish the Kings kept him now.

It might just be that he’s playing with his college buddies
He was coming off injury after losing his job with the Bucks during the final Puke Walton year. The org obviously wanted him after trading for him twice. But it's easy to forget what an unmitigated disaster that season was across the board, and it def hurt DDV's value.

I don't think the org was playing games with his minutes in order to short change him in FA, but I understand why he and his agent felt that way. Given all the circumstances - especially the fact he was injured and going into FA - I think his tenure here may have been doomed from day 1.