[NBA] East Playoffs, Round One

How many first round upsets?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
after taking some time to watch the replay of this one, Sixers are basically toast if Embiid isn't averaging 40+ in this series. Once the ball touches Maxey's hands, 8 out of 10 times or maybe 9 out of 10 times that shot is going up. If that is the best help the Sixers can give Embiid, then he may as well request a trade after the Knicks eliminate his team in the first round.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Dame used as a decoy in clutch time for the first time in his career and it worked because Khris hit a ridiculous three over two dudes with time running down

gunks

Hall of Famer
Buddy with a DNP in Philly's loss to the Knicks today. Love to see it!

Also Embiid is a dirty, dirty, player. Can't wait until he's eliminated in the first round again. Dude has made me a Knicks fan this series.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Can't wait until he's eliminated in the first round again.
I was pretty sure post-Process Sixers are a lock to be eliminated in Rd 2, so this would be a first for him? If they got knocked out in Rd 1 it was in the bubble year and that doesn't count.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I was pretty sure post-Process Sixers are a lock to be eliminated in Rd 2, so this would be a first for him? If they got knocked out in Rd 1 it was in the bubble year and that doesn't count.
I stand corrected!! I could have sworn I read that he's never made it to round 2, but I guess my brain is playing tricks on me again!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I stand corrected!! I could have sworn I read that he's never made it to round 2, but I guess my brain is playing tricks on me again!
The wild thing to me is pre-Process the Sixers were a perennial first or second round exit (made second round the year before). They voluntarily got rid of all NBA worthy talent and went into five straight years of lottery, and have the same results to show for it. I'm sure they are infinitely more watchable but as we've seen after only one wonderful season in Sacramento, expectations are through the charts - and Philly "booed Santa Claus" so yeah. Imagine doing what they did and that being the end product? (and it appears we may truly be seeing the end product now).

Presti is perhaps the real "process" genius since he appears to have completed a second one successfully, but that's a young team with a lot to prove and it remains to be seen how far SGA's whistle will go in the playoffs.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Pacers literally just needed like one more bucket and a couple of stops to put this game away.
Instead their lead is down to six.