[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Pre-Season/OCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If this guy didn't exist there is no way you could ever dream him up. Its truly an honor to have had him grace our franchise at one time. :p

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Samuel Dalembert/Quincy Acy frontline maybe the least inspiring starting frontcourt in the history of the NBA and this is coming from a fan of a team that once had Spencer Hawes and Mikki Moore as our starting bigs.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Note: the listed reason for Aaron Gray not being available for the Pistons in today's preseason game is "Cardiac Episode". Hope the big guy is ok.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I noticed they have televised every single Celtics preseason game whether on NBA TV or League Pass...wonder why they are the exception?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I noticed they have televised every single Celtics preseason game whether on NBA TV or League Pass...wonder why they are the exception?
Possibly because they're the Boston Celtics? Look at the banners in the rafters. They speak volumes.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
guess that explains all the Lakers televised games too huh?
The Lakers are total crap right now, even with the return of the Brave Little Soldier. But hey - you asked a question and I gave you a possible answer. I'm not the one making the decision on which pre-season games to televise.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think every single game I tuned in to the Lakers were getting killed...I hope this translates to the regular season.
Didn't one of the players get hurt trying to guard Kobe in practice or something? I almost saw Kobe talking about it on one of the talk shows but I was quickly able to change the channel before I threw something at the screen. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, I found something about it. Nick Young suffered a torn ligament in his left thumb when he came around a screen while defending Kobe Bryant, reached in from behind and hit Bryant's elbow. He had to have surgery and will be out 6-8 weeks. Kobe apparently shrugged it off when asked about it on NBA-TV, making the comment that "There's a lesson to be learned. You reach, you're going to get hurt."

Oh, that Brave Little Soldier. Nothing but compassion for his fellow Lakers.

K

KingMilz

Marcus Thornton aka Empty has actually looked really good in Boston so far in the preseason dude even had a 5 point play where he was fouled on a 3 and the player defending him got a tech.

I also really like the way Avery Bradley is playing also

Last edited by a moderator:
If Cousins fought someone like Blake Griffin did with Booker, he would have been suspended at least 10 games. Because it's Blake, coach came to the rescue and portrayed him as a guy that always receives cheap shots from a huge amount of players whereas I don't see it that way. It was a hard foul nothing worth trying to beat the life out of the guy.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Blake has made his bed and he can sleep in it too as far as I'm concerned, he has an image to uphold and a lot of players are out to get him because of his antics.

Just not right watching Cousins getting technicals for ridiculous things and getting a bad rep, while Blake is involved in more skirmishes than almost anyone in the league and is considered an angel. Not to mention he flops like a fish out of water. As you said, players are getting tired of him and I wouldn't be surprised if it's even worse this year. One other thing, he has openly stated he will retaliate this season unlike any before for guys who foul him "too hard." Wonder if the league will do anything about that.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm very impressed with the talent level of Utah. They've got an excellent shot at getting over .500 this year, despite their youth. Their talent level and depth is so good that it should compensate for some stupid youthful errors. Exum is a total stud.

If Cousins fought someone like Blake Griffin did with Booker, he would have been suspended at least 10 games. Because it's Blake, coach came to the rescue and portrayed him as a guy that always receives cheap shots from a huge amount of players whereas I don't see it that way. It was a hard foul nothing worth trying to beat the life out of the guy.
Absolutely hate Blake, watching him actually makes me mad.

same things goes for tossing water on that fan last season, big laugh when Blake did it, if Cuz did that we'd be talking about a long long ban I'm sure of it.

I'm very impressed with the talent level of Utah. They've got an excellent shot at getting over .500 this year, despite their youth. Their talent level and depth is so good that it should compensate for some stupid youthful errors. Exum is a total stud.
I don't think they will hit .500, but they will be fun to watch. Exum, so far, seems legit and far more poised than I was expecting. I have been impressed with him. I already think his ceiling is significantly higher than Trey Burke's.

Just not right watching Cousins getting technicals for ridiculous things and getting a bad rep, while Blake is involved in more skirmishes than almost anyone in the league and is considered an angel. Not to mention he flops like a fish out of water. As you said, players are getting tired of him and I wouldn't be surprised if it's even worse this year. One other thing, he has openly stated he will retaliate this season unlike any before for guys who foul him "too hard." Wonder if the league will do anything about that.
I was really displeased with Cuz's play yesterday. The refs always let Cuz get away with the little things, but when they see it too much, that's when they'll call it on him. He does a lot of unnecessary pushing and shoving. Yesterday he should've received a flagrant for his "push" on the player. He grabbed the rebound and basically bucked him. That type of play is unacceptable by Cuz. You hardly see Blake do any of this.

I've never seen Blake shove and push guys because they got under their skin.. he usually answered by blocking their shot or throwing down a huge dunk.. Cuz answers by pushing and shoving. That's the difference between them.

So yes Cuz would've gotten a technical and a nice suspension, but Blake probably did too.

Status
Not open for further replies.