[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (MAR/APR)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Oladipo takes it to the hole on Jimmy Butler for the lead and 1.5 seconds remaining...how do you allow a lay up in a tie ball game situation?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Looks like New Orleans choked. But I understand that Westbrook picked up his 16th technical in Indiana tonight. If it's not successfully appealed, he will have to sit out versus Portland tomorrow night.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wait. Russell Westrbrook, in the running for MVP, has MORE technicals than the ultimate evil-doer, DeMarcus Cousins? How can that be? I certainly hope the good people of Oklahoma City are going to do something - like call for his head or demand he be traded.

So NO won a huge game tonight which sets up essentially a must win game on Wed against the Spurs, winners of 11 straight.

OKC also won and while NO owns the tiebreaker, they're playing Minn on Wed which of course is likely going to be a win.

So, all comes down to NO vs the defending champs for a spot in the playoffs. Could see Pop resting his main horses though.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Which it is after Houston's win over the Hornets. DARN YOU TERRY STOTTS! PLAY ALDRIDGE!
New Orleans' best bet at this point is for someone to call a bomb threat into the Smoothie King Center, around 19:30 Eastern, delaying the game by about two hours, so that the Rockets game will be over before the Pelicans game starts.

New Orleans' best bet at this point is for someone to call a bomb threat into the Smoothie King Center, around 19:30 Eastern, delaying the game by about two hours, so that the Rockets game will be over before the Pelicans game starts.
Would you like to do that? International calls aren't free for me

don't think for a second that big cuz won't be thinking about the fact that tyreke evans and isaiah thomas both made the playoffs before he did, as did anthony davis, demarcus' competition for best big in the nba honors. and don't think for a second that he won't be envious of every #fearthebrow hashtag he sees in the first round, no matter how short-lived it may be for the pelicans. the kings are on notice. there's no way in hell that cousins doesn't demand a trade by next summer if the kings aren't at least in the discussion for the eighth seed. honestly, he'd be crazy not to...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Good news: The Pelicans are headed to the playoffs. Bad news: They have to play the Warriors.
Pelicans were 1-3 against the Warriors during the regular season, but 1-1 when Anthony Davis played. Golden State is obviously expected to win, but a New Orleans upset isn't out of the question: Pels are finally healthy, and those matchups aren't as cut-and-dry for Golden States as one might think.

don't think for a second that big cuz won't be thinking about the fact that tyreke evans and isaiah thomas both made the playoffs before he did, as did anthony davis, demarcus' competition for best big in the nba honors. and don't think for a second that he won't be envious of every #fearthebrow hashtag he sees in the first round, no matter how short-lived it may be for the pelicans. the kings are on notice. there's no way in hell that cousins doesn't demand a trade by next summer if the kings aren't at least in the discussion for the eighth seed. honestly, he'd be crazy not to...
As well he should. He's a competitor who doesn't like people throwing his career away.

It was a monumental mistake letting Reke go. It's been basically the Reke and Davis show all year and now they're going to the playoffs. Tonight, it was those two carrying the team. For all the talk about Reke not pairing well with Cuz, he's proven to be one of the best wingmen Davis could ask for. It was idiotic mismanagement here, plus the Reke is NAPG crowd. Well he's a playoff starting PG now. There's not a single reason why Reke couldn't have paired well with Cuz. I'm sure Cuz would love getting some of those setups for easy baskets Reke constantly provides Davis that no one here can.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
As well he should. He's a competitor who doesn't like people throwing his career away.

It was a monumental mistake letting Reke go. It's been basically the Reke and Davis show all year and now they're going to the playoffs. Tonight, it was those two carrying the team. For all the talk about Reke not pairing well with Cuz, he's proven to be one of the best wingmen Davis could ask for. It was idiotic mismanagement here, plus the Reke is NAPG crowd. Well he's a playoff starting PG now. There's not a single reason why Reke couldn't have paired well with Cuz. I'm sure Cuz would love getting some of those setups for easy baskets Reke constantly provides Davis that no one here can.
Well... there's at least one (good) reason why Evans couldn't have been paired with Cousins.

Pelicans were 1-3 against the Warriors during the regular season, but 1-1 when Anthony Davis played. Golden State is obviously expected to win, but a New Orleans upset isn't out of the question: Pels are finally healthy, and those matchups aren't as cut-and-dry for Golden States as one might think.
Color me pleasantly surprised that NO caught then surpassed OKC for the 8th seed. I would absolutely LOVE it if they pulled off the upset against the Dubs and their short memory fans.