[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
lots of first round picks involved for these players....I wouldn't trade a first rounder for Brandan Wright but it's a nice get for the Suns. Grizzlies receive an inefficient Jeff Green...they get younger and more athletic so you just need Jeff to buy in defensively and not chuck as much and this could work out fairly well for Memphis.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
lots of first round picks involved for these players....I wouldn't trade a first rounder for Brandan Wright but it's a nice get for the Suns.
That first rounder is a protected one coming from Minny - two years protected 1-12 before it turns into two second rounders. With Minny on the rebuild, it will probably end up being the second rounders when all is said and done.

Grizzlies receive an inefficient Jeff Green...they get younger and more athletic so you just need Jeff to buy in defensively and not chuck as much and this could work out fairly well for Memphis.
Looks like they haven't actually come to an agreement on this one yet. Sounds like there will be a first involved for Boston eventually assuming it gets done.

"I have no idea what other people think about us," Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said dryly.
But the Hawks seem to have little clue, or care, about whom they're surprising, or even that any other team exists at all.
Yep. That's what you get from a coach that was mentored under Pop. Oh yeah, you also usually get a pretty good team as well.

Nice article here

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Cavaliers are terrible...did LeBron stop taking PED's? He likes warm weather, that's the only reason he isn't in Cleveland rehabbing and traveling on the West Coast with warmer weather.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
what I like about Memphis...regardless how small Phoenix went...they stuck with their bigs and kept punishing them inside, it must be great to have an identity and not let your opponent dictate your scheme. In other words, Atlanta chewed up and spit out Washington today, my god total domination. An Atlanta/Toronto ECF would be pretty fun to watch I must admit.

You know you're bad when the Pelicans are opting to trade you instead of losing the many talents and effervescent personality of John Salmons. Poor Austin Rivers.
Austin Rivers is absolutely terrible for a guy who gets as many consistent minutes as he does.

K

KingMilz

Could Brandon Jenning's make a late push for the ASG in the East? The Pistons are storming through elite teams and there is a massive shortage of players who are in the running for a spot. It's a shame Kyrie will get in again since he does not deserve it nor does Love.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 38m38 minutes ago
Windhorst on ESPN just now: “I think the players were trying to force the franchise to make a move, and I don’t know if it was conscious…

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 37m37 minutes ago
“...but their play was dictating that. And they went so far as to tell opposing players that they were trying to get their coach fired..."
Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 36m36 minutes ago
“…again this is not unheard of in the league. This has happened before. But that was what was going on.”

Wow. Stay classy, Cleveland.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 38m38 minutes ago
Windhorst on ESPN just now: “I think the players were trying to force the franchise to make a move, and I don’t know if it was conscious…

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 37m37 minutes ago
“...but their play was dictating that. And they went so far as to tell opposing players that they were trying to get their coach fired..."
Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 36m36 minutes ago
“…again this is not unheard of in the league. This has happened before. But that was what was going on.”

Wow. Stay classy, Cleveland.
In all fairness to the Cavs, David Blatt is most certainly not ready for prime time.

Very unpleasant situation for Blatt.
I assume, that back when he was signing with the Cavs, he couldn't even know for sure that LeBron and Love would decide to bring their talents to Cleveland. He probably considered this as a good opportunity for starting his head coaching career in the NBA with a young team, with freedom of action and a time to develop. Instead, Blatt received a poorly constructed roster and the biggest superstar in the league, who seems to want to run the whole show by himself (when there is no Pat Riley to control the things).

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I don't think that Blatt has really proven that he's a bad coach. I do think that he's not accustomed to coaching a forty-eight minute game, and it's shown in some of his rotations.

I find myself persuaded by the coverage, though: the fact that Blatt was hired before LeBron James decided to go back to Cleveland raises signals to me. As Woogie mentioned, he went from having a young team to develop, with all the time in the world, to having a team with immediate title aspirations, and no patience at all, in the blink of an eye. Kind of a ****ty situation to find yourself in.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
So, they're probably a little more than a half hour away from tipping off between the Bucks and the Knicks in London... Or, as they're referring to the game on the wrestling forum I post at, the worst thing to happen to the UK since the Plague.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Eh? Was me being a wrestling fan news? I know that the wrestling thread in the General forum hasn't been updated in a while, but I'm all over that piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.