[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread DEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
is anybody else kind of excited about this?

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/12/17/fannight.atlanta/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

ej, mchale, and c-webb are the best studio crew in the nba, by far, and its mildly aggravating to me that they're only on nbatv once a week for fan night...

they have great chemistry, great senses of humor, and, most importantly, they make sure to keep their focus primarily on breaking down the intricacies of an individual basketball game, which they do very smartly...

c-webb is a natural at it. he's incredibly well-spoken, and just about as charming as they come. he should be on one of tnt's or espn's crews...

anyway, the cavs/hawks matchup should be a really good game for them to call from the sideline...

dec. 29th...stoked!!

:)

EVERYONE does that. Kenyon Martin does it. Josh Smith does it. It's showboating for the crowd and it makes it look a lot better than if you barely tap it and keep control. It's not a smart play at all, but I can't really criticize because I'm a shotblocker when I play and I sometimes do the same thing.

And Ariza was just frustrated with himself because he couldn't do anything right that game. Definitely no excuse to take a swing at someone like that, just saying. He let his emotions get to him.

Not everyone can get up like Lebron and Dwight. They have the ability to grab the ball and the don't. Might be nice on the highlight reel but could cost them the W in the end.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5157

Brandon Jennings fined for Twitter post

Brandon Jennings of the Milwaukee Bucks has been fined $7,500 for posting a message on his Twitter account in violation of NBA rules, it was announced today by NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations Stu Jackson.
On Saturday, Dec. 12, a message was posted on Jennings’ Twitter account immediately following the Bucks’ 108-101 victory over the Portland Trail Blazers in Milwaukee.

Jennings “tweeted” the following message in the locker room immediately after the game: ‘Back to 500. Yess!!! “500″ means where doing good. Way to Play Hard Guys.
'

From what Inside Hoops posted it wasn't what he said, it was the timing of the post. I guess, because it meant he was in the locker room right after a game?

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5157

'

From what Inside Hoops posted it wasn't what he said, it was the timing of the post. I guess, because it meant he was in the locker room right after a game?

not that he was in the locker room, but more that it was during the "game window" when I guess you are still on the NBA's time, shoudl be talking postgame wrap with the team, postgame interviews, that kind of thing. The whole proessional angle. Like tweeting from the office when you are supposed to be working.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Jennings “tweeted” the following message in the locker room immediately after the game: ‘Back to 500. Yess!!! “500″ means where doing good. Way to Play Hard Guys.
I was hoping that maybe it was for poor punctuation, grammar and spelling.

Anyone see the highlights from the Bucks/Lakers last night? I ask only because the Lakers are coming to town and people tend to get upset how many Lakers fans show up. There were quite a few in Milwaukee too. Sounded like the Bucks won when Kobe hit the buzzer beater.
Bucks fans want to petition the league over a block charge against them (in favor of the Snake). They went ape on RealGM, the whole gamut of rigged/fixed stuff. Nader's name was brought up.

Last edited:
Nobody should take a page from Ron Artest book
But what if you are trying to hoodalize your lyfe?

I'm surprised I warmed up to him this quick, but I'm gonna follow all the warnings from the Bulls, Pacers, Kings, and Rox fans not to trust him. He's like trying to cuddle with a landmine.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Carl Landry is one tough mofo. He lost three teeth and he calmly walks over to the bench to ask for a towel. Remember when he got shot in the leg last year and then came back to play again a couple of weeks later?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Rick Adelman has the Rockets at 16-11, currently in the 6th spot in the West for the playoffs. That seemed virtually impossible before the season began. With 876 wins now, within 62 of Aurebach and potentially within three seasons of crossing the 1000 win barrier, could this finally be his COY season?

Last edited:
Rick Adelman has the Rockets at 16-11, currently in the 6th spot in the West for the playoffs. That seemed virtually impossible before the season began. With 876 wins now, within 64 of Aurebach and potentially within three seasons of crossing the 1000 win barrier, could this finally be his COY season?

The COY year award has lost all credibility to me when Mike Brown has one and Rick Adelman has zero.

The COY year award has lost all credibility to me when Mike Brown has one and Rick Adelman has zero.
Adelman may win it this year. Let's say things continue as they are, it would probably go to him or Scott Brooks of OKC, or perhaps Gentry of Phx. I think Adelman would have the distinct edge by missing Yao. Houston plays good enough defense to make the playoffs. If they do, he's got it in the bag, imo.

edit - meh...didn't see Brick's post before writing the above. Agree w/ him.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Dear Mr. Arenas,

In the future, if you decide you do not want something like guns around your children at home, why not take them to the local police station and turn them in? You might even get a coupon for a burger or something. That would, I believe, be far better than storing them in your locker at the arena. Are you freaking insane?

Sincerely,
Everyone who has at least one working brain cell

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/11841/tradenon-trade-were-big-deals-to-hornets

ESPN said:
There is a belief among some rival executives -- or perhaps it's more accurate to call it a hope -- that the Hornets will not be able to resist moving All-Star forward David West before the Feb. 18 trading deadline to ensure that they get comfortably under the tax threshold.

New Orleans' preference would obviously be moving out player(s) from its list of veterans with contracts that stretch beyond this season. That list presumably includes Emeka Okafor, Peja Stojakovic, James Posey, Mo Peterson, Darius Songaila and Julian Wright.

But a major shakeup with the Hornets would appear highly unlikely without involving West, since we know (as covered in this cyberspace last week) that they're not trading Chris Paul.
Poor Chris Paul...One of my top 5 favorite players in this league and he's stuck on a team that bleeds talent. He's never gonna win unless they make some changes

Status
Not open for further replies.