[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to get Poku, I still think he has a shot but he wouldn’t get any playing time with us. There actually aren’t a lot of developmental teams that need a project 4. My best guess is Charlotte?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I would love to get Poku, I still think he has a shot but he wouldn’t get any playing time with us. There actually aren’t a lot of developmental teams that need a project 4. My best guess is Charlotte?
He was an intriguing draft prospect, but this year he obviously fell straight off the cliff in terms of minutes in OKC and they aren't cutting ties for no reason. They obviously would have dangled him at the deadline for any draft value they could get and found no takers. I'd guess he heads back to Europe.

He was an intriguing draft prospect, but this year he obviously fell straight off the cliff in terms of minutes in OKC and they aren't cutting ties for no reason. They obviously would have dangled him at the deadline for any draft value they could get and found no takers. I'd guess he heads back to Europe.
he was playing pretty well at the end of last year and then had the injury set backs. Once Chet took off they really had no room in the rotation for a player with his skill set. I’d be surprised if a team doesn’t want to give him at least a look. Who knows

he was playing pretty well at the end of last year and then had the injury set backs. Once Chet took off they really had no room in the rotation for a player with his skill set. I’d be surprised if a team doesn’t want to give him at least a look. Who knows
Would love to have him in Stockton and build up like we did with Ellis

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I've watched some Philly games this season by default and I just have to say, Maxey being an All-star is a sham as far as I'm concerned, he chucks so much and takes terrible shots, sometimes they drop and other times not so much.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
He would be better off going back to Euro League and getting potential starter minutes and make a name for himself there because it's not happening in the association

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I remember Poku touted as a big with guard skills. Can he be a 15th guy that can run our offense if Domas gets three early fouls?

Probably not if OKC waived him but OKC is a team in a unique spot with youth and draft picks they are in position where they need to send two or three guys out to upgrade because they have a full cupboard.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
two sequences happened in back to back days, players shooting the ball at the end of the game with the game already decided, are egos getting more fragile with each passing year or is it something else?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I was watching New Orleans lose to Chicago earlier today with Zion Williamson essentially playing PG for the Pelicans and I got to thinking...

Zion straight up for Cade Cunningham might be a win-win trade for both franchises. It wouldn't exactly be straight up -- Detroit would have to throw in some players (Shake Milton and Beef Stew) to make the salaries match. Zion and Cade's numbers aren't all that different this year. Sure New Orleans is a playoff team but they clearly need a PG and I wouldn't want that much money (4 years / $163 million remaining) tied up on a big guy who already can't stay healthy. Detroit just needs a reason for their fans to care.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don't get why we never got an "easy" part of our schedule. Lame
I made this comment on twitter earlier today how the heck do we wind up on both sides of the all star break with tougher than average schedules, without being a bottom feeder team that can't play itself? (in football this was always a problem with Brady era Patriots basically steamrolling their division consistently)

I made this comment on twitter earlier today how the heck do we wind up on both sides of the all star break with tougher than average schedules, without being a bottom feeder team that can't play itself? (in football this was always a problem with Brady era Patriots basically steamrolling their division consistently)
This year we play the Pelicans 5 times, that's how

Status
Not open for further replies.