[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOC saw how much engagement his Sabonis hot take got and decided to up the ante by randomly decided Podz is the next big star.
I can't deny, the dude looks good. Already looking like Evan Turner with a shot. Leads all rookies in VORP as well.

The one I'm annoyed with is Trayce Jackson-Davis. Really thought he was an absolute no brainer in the 2nd round. Already had every skill necessary other than shooting and he plays a position where shooting isn't always necessary. If you've got an NBA player available in the 2nd round, just take him while he's available and don't overthink it. We know better than anyone how difficult it is to find a rotational player in the 2nd round.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't deny, the dude looks good. Already looking like Evan Turner with a shot. Leads all rookies in VORP as well.

The one I'm annoyed with is Trayce Jackson-Davis. Really thought he was an absolute no brainer in the 2nd round. Already had every skill necessary other than shooting and he plays a position where shooting isn't always necessary. If you've got an NBA player available in the 2nd round, just take him while he's available and don't overthink it. We know better than anyone how difficult it is to find a rotational player in the 2nd round.
There were definitely some hijinks involved. TJD's agent is Mike Dunleavy's brother. Tim Kawakami also reported that teams in the 30's called asking if he would sign a two-way deal and were told nope, guaranteed roster deals only. Honestly I'm kind of surprised the league didn't investigate given all the "coincidences" and a guy mocked as a late first/early 2nd going all the way at the end of the draft.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
There were definitely some hijinks involved. TJD's agent is Mike Dunleavy's brother. Tim Kawakami also reported that teams in the 30's called asking if he would sign a two-way deal and were told nope, guaranteed roster deals only. Honestly I'm kind of surprised the league didn't investigate given all the "coincidences" and a guy mocked as a late first/early 2nd going all the way at the end of the draft.
This seems to happen every year. Unless the league finds a way to deal with it, I think it's the way it goes.

Yeah, I wanted TJD in the 2nd round too. I remember the argument was that he had a promise from the GSW GM’s brother who was TJD agent to a guaranteed spot and the Kings shouldn’t upset the agent, because it would cause “issues” later.

IMO, you take the BPA player, especially if it hurts the Warriors.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The thing we should probably keep in mind about the Warriors’ recent stretch of good play is that they got to face the Blazers twice and the Wizards. Their win over the Celtics is impressive but at the same time it also involved Jayson Tatum actively hurting his team by trying to play through a sprained ankle for most of the game and their entire team forgetting how to shoot threes

The good news is that I wouldn't be surprised if Colby Jones is a 2nd round pick rotational player, by next season. Looks like a really solid pick

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I hope so. He's really fallen off quite a bit in Stockton after his hot start but hopefully he improves his game and takes the Ellis route.
Given recent events, I think the Stockton Kings can be forgiven for not exactly having their crap together right now lol

I hope so. He's really fallen off quite a bit in Stockton after his hot start but hopefully he improves his game and takes the Ellis route.
I've seen enough from a skill set and physicality stand point, to believe that he has a real chance to get in the rotation next year. Heck, I thought he had a decent chance to get meaningful playing time this season

I've seen enough from a skill set and physicality stand point, to believe that he has a real chance to get in the rotation next year. Heck, I thought he had a decent chance to get meaningful playing time this season
Yeah, kind of like Ellis spending last year developing in the G-League and becoming a rotation player this year, I imagine that we'll very likely need Jones to make a similar leap next season. Seems very unlikely we return with the same G depth next year with Davion regressing, Monk a UFA and Huerter being our best trade chip among our core guys.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Bogdanovic (the Detroit one) is just astoundingly bad at defense now. Dude used to at least try on that side but his legs are just shot now. Cam Johnson doing his best to lose the game for the Nets though.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If only the Pistons had a stud defensive prospect to play instead of Alec Burks and Bojan in these situations where they're getting shredded on defense. (If the Pistons won't use him, the Kings would gladly take him)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Dear Adam Silver,
It's never too late to relegate the Pistons and promote the G-League Ignite to the NBA or something because I'm not sure the Pistons are ever gonna win a game again.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
LOL The Nets kept trying to let the Pistons pull off a miracle and the Pistons kept tossing the ball into the stands and being awful instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.