[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (APR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
On a lighter note, we might have the Shaqtin‘ play of the season
I can see Drummond's line of thinking on this play at least. He poked the ball away to start the breakaway and thought his guard was going to reward him with a big off the backboard pass for the dunk but actually no, dude was just trying to Kobe-it to himself. You love to see it!

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Celtics first team in history not to shoot free throws? Bucks shot 2 only, is this a record? 2 total free throws attempts in a match?
It's definitely a record (according to ESPN the previous low was 11) and it's totally bizarre. Though by way of partial explanation, Boston shot 17 for 52 on threes so they basically lost the same way we lost to OKC tonight. Still, it's hard to imagine that these two teams played 48 minutes of basketball and only 1 shooting foul was committed.

We need to up those "Last 2 Min" reports to "Full 48 Min" reports at this point just so someone in the league office can explain to us what they think is going on with these calls and non-calls. To be a couple weeks away from the playoffs and have games occur on the same night where teams shoot a combined 57 FTs (Kings vs. Thunder) and a combined 2 FTs is worrying.

It's definitely a record (according to ESPN the previous low was 11) and it's totally bizarre. Though by way of partial explanation, Boston shot 17 for 52 on threes so they basically lost the same way we lost to OKC tonight. Still, it's hard to imagine that these two teams played 48 minutes of basketball and only 1 shooting foul was committed.

We need to up those "Last 2 Min" reports to "Full 48 Min" reports at this point just so someone in the league office can explain to us what they think is going on with these calls and non-calls. To be a couple weeks away from the playoffs and have games occur on the same night where teams shoot a combined 57 FTs (Kings vs. Thunder) and a combined 2 FTs is worrying.
I read what Lillard told but in a Greek site so I can't quote him exactly. More or less he told that "I felt I got fouled several times, I know I fouled our opponents quite a few times as well, still there was no call. In a couple of matches the past few days I was fouled out without playing so hard, while it was quite easy for me to go to the line, today it was the opposite in both ends".

I am not a fan of "changing things" but not totally, not in all matches, it's like not calling traveling violations in some matches at all, not calling defensive 3 seconds (Giddey was doing it the whole time, perhaps there was a nice teen in the stands he was looking at), just have the same tactic from the refs in all matches for all teams. After the ASG that this new foul policy is applied, it's not fully applied to us for sure regarding how many free throws SGA had yesterday, Doncic last week, Brunson and I don't know who other we faced. Also all of the mentioned before All Stars tend to either initiate contact themselves or push with the hand not dribbling the ball and of course non of them gets to be called for a charging foul. God forbid if Fox or Domas either try to initiate contact or extend his arm when he holds the ball inside the paint.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Clack county is the next one over where kiddo's school and mom are. Without making light of the charges can I thank NBA Central for choosing to post him in a Lakers shirt and not mentioning the Kings or Blazers by name?

Disappointing to say the least though.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
As little as I am interested in entertaining such slander apparently Davion averaged 3.7 points and 1.9 assists per game his Freshman year at Auburn which doesn't live up to the extreme standard that Bronny set with his brilliant 4.9 ppg and 2.1 apg.

Is PJ Tucker the "all time leader in corner 3s" like the Clippers announcer mentioned a while ago? I guess not but it's his "trademark" when it comes to offense I guess. He hit 2 in a row, one of them was awarded as a "long 2" though cause he stepped on the line.
Bones 6/6 3s so far and 33 points, he's about to do a Malachi Flynn if he keeps up like this.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That's 5 players eating all their cap at over $170 mil and over $200 million total that $75 mil over the cap and $30 over the luxury tax. Their paying $85 mil in taxes.
I still can't believe that there are some Kings fans that have the nerve to feel anxious about the Kings not developing into a contender overnight when teams like the Celtics exist: now that's a team that needs to feel a sense of urgency.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
If everything Ben is saying is true, it probably could not have happened in a worse location. No interest in speculating though. Hopefully the truth will come out.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
According to hoopshype ratings Sabonis makes the 2nd All NBA team and Fox the 3rd. There are some notable absences though, Haliburton, Booker, Curry, Zion and Jaylen Brown.
Unfortunately for Kings fans, the All-NBA teams are not voted on by anyone who gives a rat's ass about the HoopsHype global ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.